Pescatarian dietary restriction.

Enryon

Due to a medical condition one member of our party is unable to eat anything made from mammal or mammal byproducts. Is Carnival able to accommodate that in the main dining room? 

I assume they should be able to as I’m sure they have protocols in place for allergies. 

2 minutes ago, Enryon said:

Due to a medical condition one member of our party is unable to eat anything made from mammal or mammal byproducts. Is Carnival able to accommodate that in the main dining room? 

I assume they should be able to as I’m sure they have protocols in place for allergies. 

Yes, they sure do. I would suggest contacting Carnival Special Needs department before boarding and/or going to the maître d as soon as you board the ship to discuss his/her special needs. I've heard they are very accommodating in this regards. 

39 minutes ago, cruizergal70 said:

You should contact Special Services to make them aware of your dietary wishes.

What medical condition calls for the avoidance of mammals? 

Not OP, but it could be that alpha-gal tick disease (the one that makes you allergic to meat if they bite you).

Had not heard of that, but interested to learn.

For the OP, there will be vegetarian items on all MDR menus. As far as adding a fish dish making sure it wasn't basted with butter etc, a member of the staff will come by your table (recommend fixed dining just for this reason) to go over the menu for the next night... can't remember if it's one of the normal waiters (table stewards) or a special staff person.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, crystalspin said:

Had not heard of that, but interested to learn.

For the OP, there will be vegetarian items on all MDR menus. As far as adding a fish dish making sure it wasn't basted with butter etc, a member of the staff will come by your table (recommend fixed dining just for this reason) to go over the menu for the next night... can't remember if it's one of the normal waiters (table stewards) or a special staff person.

THIS /\

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Enryon said:

Wow, this is so strange and I'd bet most no one has ever heard of any such thing including the MDR staff. I can picture the shoulder shrugging if that was asked onboard.