Penthouse suite fantasy

mfs2k

If I won a move up bid for a 2 bedroom Penthouse Suite on Beyond, would Celebrity allow me to invite friends or family to join us?  
How much would Celebrity charge for guests if they already had a suite to stay in?

17 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

If I won a move up bid for a 2 bedroom Penthouse Suite on Beyond, would Celebrity allow me to invite friends or family to join us?  
How much would Celebrity charge for guests if they already had a suite to stay in?

If they already had a suite onboard, it should not matter if they stay with you, but they would have their own packages.  If they do not have a cabin/suite onboard, they would have to pay the suite price, but not sure if it would be the price that you paid due to MoveUp.  Maybe they could not join you at all, but they(Celebrity) would make more money if they could join you, at least from Celebrity's perspective.  Good question!   Ask Jim, as he always seems to know these answers.  I just read about someone who bid on a Celebrity Suite and was moved to an Iconic Suite, so I guess anything is possible.  Good Luck!

Edited by Lastdance

Just now, florisdekort said:

Celebrity would charge you the 3rd and 4th person fee. 

Most likely the case, but at what rate?  Current 3 & 4 price for the Penthouse on the day the MoveUp was accepted?  With cabin pricing trending upward these days, might still be a decent chunk of change. 

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

Most likely the case, but at what rate?  Current 3 & 4 price for the Penthouse on the day the MoveUp was accepted?  With cabin pricing trending upward these days, might still be a decent chunk of change. 

No, X will “move up” the Opp’s current booking, which is for 2.  If they then want to make it 4, they have to call X / contact their TA, and pay whatever the 3 & 4 price is at that time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, florisdekort said:

No, X will “move up” the Opp’s current booking, which is for 2.  If they then want to make it 4, they have to call X / contact their TA, and pay whatever the 3 & 4 price is at that time.

Which even if executed the next day, could be higher than the day the MoveUp was accepted. 

I'm just picturing someone having booked, like we did, an upper level suite last June.  There's one that had recently appeared back in inventory for a few days, and was 2X the all-in price that we paid for it!  Wouldn't be surprised if the 3 & 4 fares are as much as we originally paid.

• Like 2

You can book them in an inside room (or the lowest rate room)...and get 2 xtra keys at guest services. They don't have to SLEEP in that room, but they will be treated as if they are. Not dining in Luminae (xtra fee sometimes possible, space available)..no access to retreat or package benefits. Not boarding or disembarking with you, etc.

You could also book them in a suite with retreat benefits and give them 2 xtra keys. Then they would have almost the same benefits and could visit or sleep over as you/they chose.

Just remember to tip your cabin attendant & host for additional people. And tip the empty room, as well.

Then again... the additional cost for 3rd 4th pax may equal all those additional costs?

3 hours ago, mfs2k said:

I think if I were inviting people to join me I’d want to eat with them in Luminae and hang out on the retreat deck and lounge so the inside cabin idea wouldn’t really work. 

So would most people.  I cannot even imagine that Celebrity would allow you to add anyone to your reservation once you have won a move up bid. 

However Celebrity would allow you to add someone to your reservation before you made a bid.  

On 8/14/2022 at 10:51 PM, florisdekort said:

Agree. We have booked S and M class PH for 3/4 guests. We tend to find the best rates are soon after the cruise opens. Guests 3/4 are significantly cheaper than guests 1 and 2 then. We have, however, seen higher suites rise ridiculously near cruising time and in that scenario guests 3/4 are then proportionately higher but still significantly lower than guests 1/2. 

There is also the issue of how near full the ship is. If it is near capacity Celebrity may not be able to add a further guest to a room even if that room has bed space.

OP. This is definitely a scenario where I would contact Celebrity direct (or get your TA to do it). Explain you are considering upgrading and want to bring two additional guests and simply see what price they give you. Two choices then emerge. Either you can accept a pricing for four for the PH and upgrade or you can see and record what they are asking for guest 3/4 to help you decide if it is worth  looking at a move up bid. The other issue with this is you may not know if your bid has been accepted until a couple of days before sailing…how flexible could family or friends be in accompanying you with very little notice?

10 hours ago, chemmo said:

OP. This is definitely a scenario where I would contact Celebrity direct (or get your TA to do it). Explain you are considering upgrading and want to bring two additional guests and simply see what price they give you.

Thank you.  I decided NOT to use the power of move-up and I will leave the nominations the same. 

I don't feel like spending $4,000-$5,000 to go from a SkySuite S-1 to the Penthouse. I would LOVE the Penthouse, but I have better things to spend $5,000 on.  

The information above, however, might be useful to someone else considering the upgrade. 

5 hours ago, mfs2k said:

Thank you.  I decided NOT to use the power of move-up and I will leave the nominations the same. 

I don't feel like spending $4,000-$5,000 to go from a SkySuite S-1 to the Penthouse. I would LOVE the Penthouse, but I have better things to spend $5,000 on.  

The information above, however, might be useful to someone else considering the upgrade. 

To really enjoy a PH or other higher suite (in my personal experience) it is lovely to ‘bag’ it early and then enjoy all the looking forward to it…Posting questions on CC about what to expect…pricing up a year later and finding people are paying as much for the RS as you are for the PH…Planning from the start with guests 3/4 in tow…

Nice surprises can happen through the move up programme but you do need to constantly question if the ‘extra’ you get is worth it. I also worry that many who had initially been very content with their original room then feel ‘let down’ if their move up offer has not been accepted and the ‘initial shine’ of their first choice has been tarnished by higher expectations…I hope this makes sense!

mfs2k….sincere best wishes for a wonderful cruise…

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, chemmo said:

mfs2k….sincere best wishes for a wonderful cruise…

Thank you.  Booking the SkySuite was a reach for me as it was.  I have no regrets and have looked forward to it for almost a year, like you said.  Having access to the Retreat Deck/lounge and Luminae is as important as the extra space, and frankly, what am I going to do with a 2 bedroom penthouse anyway since it's just 2 of us...

I expect to love my cruise.  

18 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

... and frankly, what am I going to do with a 2 bedroom penthouse anyway since it's just 2 of us...

Does either of you snore?  🤪😄

Alternately, you could reenact 2/3 of Goldilocks for some evening entertainment!

Yes, I expect you will, too.  Even with the occasional bumps, we've never NOT enjoyed an X cruise.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, canderson said:

Does either of you snore?  🤪😄

Yes. One of us who shall not be named, HER, does snore. Hmmmm Good point. 
I was going to have her sleep on the verandah. 

22 hours ago, mfs2k said:

Thank you.  Booking the SkySuite was a reach for me as it was.  I have no regrets and have looked forward to it for almost a year, like you said.  Having access to the Retreat Deck/lounge and Luminae is as important as the extra space, and frankly, what am I going to do with a 2 bedroom penthouse anyway since it's just 2 of us...

Just enjoy….Keep looking for offers and talking to family. At some stage that PH will make sense, at the right time and with the right itinerary, at the right price….At that point just pay out and enjoy!

• Like 2