Brisbane Cruising Being Treated Crook By Princess

4 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I don't believe anyone in the government would have influence on the itineraries of the cruise ships. It would be a commercial decision by the cruiselines.

Exactly.

Which is why there are so many NZ cruises in the summer cruise season - Princess knows damn well, as do most of the other cruise lines, that international visitors to Australia want to see NZ as well. It does get a bit boring for us locals though! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

There is a whole world to explore if you don't want to do the same itineraries all the time.

Spot on Mick, what I have been saying for years here on CC, so many Aussies just want to do the Pacific Islands or NZ, must get boring after a while, instead of an annual cruise to Vanuatu or Fiji, save your money for 3 years and go do the Med, or Alaska Inside Passage or Panama Canal, whatever.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Exactly.

Which is why there are so many NZ cruises in the summer cruise season - Princess knows damn well, as do most of the other cruise lines, that international visitors to Australia want to see NZ as well. It does get a bit boring for us locals though! 

Plenty of cruises from Southampton or LA - San Pedro, lol.

15 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Spot on Mick, what I have been saying for years here on CC, so many Aussies just want to do the Pacific Islands or NZ, must get boring after a while, instead of an annual cruise to Vanuatu or Fiji, save your money for 3 years and go do the Med, or Alaska Inside Passage or Panama Canal, whatever.

Except that then involves international flights  hotels, and onboard and shore costs in other currencies which are subject to exchangevrate fluctuations. That may make it too expensive for some people compared with doing a week or two on a ship from Australia.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, portcbob said:

Hi guys 

Not Princess, however doing a 12 nighter from Brissie in May, 2023 of 12 nights on the Pacific Encounter ( P & O ) to the islands including 2 Fiji ports.

I agree Princess should put on some new itineraries perhaps fiji, cook islands ect. 👍

We were lucky enough to sail on one of the few cruises out of Australia, that went to the Cook Islands.

That was on the Old P&O Pacific Dawn. It was around about 2010.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Exactly.

Yay I'm not on my own.....😊

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

There is a whole world to explore if you don't want to do the same itineraries all the time.

Exactly, that's why I'd like to explore our little neck of the international world.

31 minutes ago, NSWP said:

We save like mad, so we can do the biggy.

Around the world, 4th World cruise in 2024 for us.

Just live on bread and water, go bare foot. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, ekka49 said:

We were lucky enough to sail on one of the few cruises out of Australia, that went to the Cook Islands.

That was on the Old P&O Pacific Dawn. It was around about 2010.

May I ask what the ports were like in terms of tendering or if there was any docking?

23 minutes ago, ekka49 said:

Yes, that's the easy way. 😁

2024 will be our first world cruise.

10 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

May I ask what the ports were like in terms of tendering or if there was any docking?

We have been to Raratonga a couple of times. It is a tender port. Each time we hired a car and drove around the island, stopping wherever we felt like it. The island is very small.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ekka49 said:

Us too, our 4th as well, however 2024 will porbably be our last one, as I would be into my 80s then.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

Us too, our 4th as well, however 2024 will porbably be our last one, as I would be into my 80s then.

I shall rely on both of you to give me all the gen on how to enjoy and get the most out of a world cruise.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I shall rely on both of you to give me all the gen on how to enjoy and get the most out of a world cruise.

You will love it, the only problem I had was it it came to an end all to quickly, then back to the real world.

For a week after it, you will keep wondering where all the people are at breakfast.😄

As it gets closer it will get busy with, excursions, lists of things to take, sorting good advice from bad😵. And hopefully meet-ups, probably one of the most important parts of the lead up to a WC.😆

11 minutes ago, Ozwoody said:

You will love it, the only problem I had was it it came to an end all to quickly, then back to the real world.

For a week after it, you will keep wondering where all the people are at breakfast.😄

As it gets closer it will get busy with, excursions, lists of things to take, sorting good advice from bad😵. And hopefully meet-ups, probably one of the most important parts of the lead up to a WC.😆

We've done the 35 night Hawaii/Tahiti cruise which is a good "trainer" cruise for the worldie and, yes, that cruise was over too quickly.

We'll probably start going to some of the pre-cruise lunches next year.

We've done enough cruises to have a fair idea of what we need to take too. Our cruise wardrobe is fairly standard as well. But there are bound to be things specific to a cruise of that length that we haven't thought of so we'll study all the advice carefully.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cruisermsoon said:

N.Z cruises ex Brisbane all restrict themselves to a strict 14 day N.Z. only itinerary, however I would like an extended cruise that also includes ports in Tasmania, plus Melbourne, Eden, Sydney, Newcastle, and a couple of extra ports in N.Z.  

I doubt they would do that sort of itinerary during the peak cruise season, it would be too long for many people - see my comments above about that. And Coral starts the big cruises in March usually otherwise it woukd be an ideal end of season itinerary.

• Like 1

In 2014 we did a cruise from Brisbane on Sea Princess that went to Fiji, Noumea and Vanuatu.

In 2015 we did a cruise to New  Zealand on Diamond that called into Hobart. It was one way to Auckland and they did several of that itinerary that year,

1 hour ago, valantine80 said:

In 2014 we did a cruise from Brisbane on Sea Princess that went to Fiji, Noumea and Vanuatu.

In 2015 we did a cruise to New  Zealand on Diamond that called into Hobart. It was one way to Auckland and they did several of that itinerary that year,

Yes, we have done that Diamond trip twice, but then you have to fly home.

So what you say,,,, well I'm one of those irrational people who is not a happy flyer.

mostly just that bit where the wheels leave the ground and then get back on the ground, preferably on purpose.🤣

1 hour ago, Ozwoody said:

Yes, we have done that Diamond trip twice, but then you have to fly home.

So what you say,,,, well I'm one of those irrational people who is not a happy flyer.

mostly just that bit where the wheels leave the ground and then get back on the ground, preferably on purpose.🤣

Not the ideal way to end a cruise and normally would not do that but were keen to give Emirates a try, very disappointing, prior to a flight to Europe later in the year.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Fortunatefew said:

A cruise ship was in Lautoka, Fiji last week..  We are going on a 12 night cruise in January incorporating the Islands including Lautoka.  The cruise price appears to be higher on these itineraries. 

I wonder why that is? Do those ports have higher charges.