Royal Caribbean mattresses

3 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I’m in an interior room. I wonder what I should bring? My last cruise was 14 days on the new Discovery Princess and the mattress killed me. It was so painful.

All rooms have two twins put together to be a "Royal King" size. (Certain suites just have a King size mattress, which can't be separated into two twins.)

I cruise almost exclusively in inside rooms.  I prefer to have the beds separated and pushed to each wall with a walkway between the beds.  The walkway becomes an extension of the room and makes it feel bigger, and you can use the second bed to lay out clothes, etc.

• Like 1

A friend brings an egg crate in a vacuum sealed bag, which shrinks it down to fit easily in her big suitcase with her clothing.  On the last night, she arranges with her room attendant to bring "Henry the vacuum" to her room to shrink the bag down to pack back into her suitcase.  Then she has the attendant put a couple of the duvets (which are what they're using for mattress toppers these days) on the bed for her last night. 

I appreciate the folks who have mentioned the Klymit pads through the years.  I don't need one myself (like @twangster and @ONECRUISER, I could sleep on the floor and be just fine), but my son is in the Army and the "mattress pad" they are issued for field exercises and deployment is literally a quarter inch thick.  I ordered him a Klymit pad, and he's been using it for several years now, and several guys in his unit ordered one after seeing his. So, thanks from this Army parent!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I know someone who might be able to store your topper from Leg 1😉

We did  ZOOM call with a rep from Royal. Mattresses came up. She was adamant. Do not bring toppers. Not sure how they can enforce that, though.

Good idea!  It's yours...assuming we are able to bring it.  

Will be on Serenade for B2B out of Tampa this December.  Will check out mattress condition then, but they might change them all out during refurb?  

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Good idea!  It's yours...assuming we are able to bring it.  

Will be on Serenade for B2B out of Tampa this December.  Will check out mattress condition then, but they might change them all out during refurb?  

We sail her in February.  I'm not expecting any wholesale swapping

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/18/2022 at 11:52 AM, island lady said:

Will be taking an additional duffle bag as check in with one of those shrink wrap foam toppers in it.  

Would love to know more about this topper - on another ship 2 weeks ago, and mattress was misery!  Steward did what he could, but was little help. 

On 8/18/2022 at 10:29 AM, HicksRA said:

I bring a Klymit blow up sleeping pad which is the only thing that allows me to tolerate the torture slabs they call Royal King beds. 
It’s easy to transport (Rolls up to about the size of a mayonnaise jar) and doesn’t weigh a lot. 

Do you just place it under the sheet?  Or do you ask steward to add it during first night's turndown?

6 minutes ago, LHARTWICK said:

Do you just place it under the sheet?  Or do you ask steward to add it during first night's turndown?

I just place it myself the first night and they make up the bed with it under there for the rest of the cruise. 

• Thanks 1