to anyone current on a Princess ship with the Plus beverage package...

killsport

Can you please find out if you can upgrade the drink package to the Premier (e.g. go from $12 to $18 as the limit) on board? If so, how much is it?

I know to upgrade the whole Princess Plus (tips, wifi, drinks) to Premier (better drinks, "prizes", specialty dining, more wifi) it has to be done pre-cruise.

I ask because the FAQ's state:

1. Can I purchase Princess Plus or Princess Premier when I’m on board?
    Princess Plus and Princess Premier need to be purchased prior to sailing. Only the individual components of the package can still be purchased onboard.

29 minutes ago, killsport said:

Can you please find out if you can upgrade the drink package to the Premier (e.g. go from $12 to $18 as the limit) on board? If so, how much is it?

I know to upgrade the whole Princess Plus (tips, wifi, drinks) to Premier (better drinks, "prizes", specialty dining, more wifi) it has to be done pre-cruise.

Princess Plus and Princess Premier need to be purchased prior to sailing. Only the individual components of the package can still be purchased onboard.

Hopefully you will get an official answer soon (though I would caution that one person's experience with one Customer Service Rep on one ship is in no way indicative of what others might experience.)  My guess is that if you are on board and tell the person in charge that you would like to hand them money, there is a good chance that they will take it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, killsport said:

You cannot just upgrade only the drinks package.  You would have to upgrade everything for $25 per day.  I would just pay the difference if there are drinks you want that are over $12.

34 minutes ago, killsport said:

What you have quoted means you can purchase the drinks package on board.  This is not at all the same as purchasing the Premier Cruise Fare option.  If you want the Premier, best to pony up the $25/day ahead of time.  Go into Cruise Personalizer, then go to Onboard Services, then look at Beverage Packages and you will see the sticker shock if just buying the drink package.

4 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Hopefully you will get an official answer soon (though I would caution that one person's experience with one Customer Service Rep on one ship is in no way indicative of what others might experience.)  My guess is that if you are on board and tell the person in charge that you would like to hand them money, there is a good chance that they will take it.

Nope, the OP is conflating booking the Premier Fare Option versus the separate Premier Beverage Package sold in the Cruise Personalizer.  Not going to be able to change to Premier Fare Option on board.

14 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Nope, the OP is conflating booking the Premier Fare Option versus the separate Premier Beverage Package sold in the Cruise Personalizer.  Not going to be able to change to Premier Fare Option on board.

I'm not trying to change to the entire "Premier Fare Option". I'm only wanting to upgrade the beverage package. Still trying to figure out if that, by itself, is an option on board.

1 hour ago, killsport said:

I'm not trying to change to the entire "Premier Fare Option". I'm only wanting to upgrade the beverage package. Still trying to figure out if that, by itself, is an option on board.

As previously mentioned, you can purchase the beverage package, but you aren't going to be upgrading on board for $25 from Plus if that's your angle.  It makes no sense to buy the package when you can do the fare option.

18 minutes ago, killsport said:

So back to my question - whether it makes financial sense to you or not - can I upgrade the drink portion of the package ONLY to the Premier (e.g. go from $12 to $18 as the limit) on board? If so, how much is it?

As far as I know the package is a package. No ability to change only a portion of it

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, killsport said:

So back to my question - whether it makes financial sense to you or not - can I upgrade the drink portion of the package ONLY to the Premier (e.g. go from $12 to $18 as the limit) on board? If so, how much is it?

No you can't.  It is an unbundable package.

• Like 1

Only the individual components of the package can still be purchased onboard.

I read this as meaning that you can purchase a beverage package, wifi, or pay the daily gratuities once on board at the normal price. I don't read this as meaning you can change just one portion of the fare, in your case the beverage package. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, killsport said:

I already advised you to login to your Cruise Personalizer and check the price there.  

The Premier drink package is $80/day + 18% grats = $94.39/day and should show as such in your Onboard Services section.

17 hours ago, killsport said:

Technically, yes - you can purchase just the Premier drink package onboard BUT it wouldn't be an upgrade. This means that you wouldn't pay only the difference between Plus and Premiere, you would pay the full cost of the Premiere package. 

Thank you @memoak , @wowzzand @skynight for answering the question. While I wish the answer gave a different result, I appreciate the clear responses. @Steelers36 I understand the benefit of doing the upgrade to the full Premier package - but I only really find value in the beverage portion of it. So I'll just pay per drink that is upgraded...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, killsport said:

Thank you @memoak , @wowzzand @skynight for answering the question. While I wish the answer gave a different result, I appreciate the clear responses. @Steelers36 I understand the benefit of doing the upgrade to the full Premier package - but I only really find value in the beverage portion of it. So I'll just pay per drink that is upgraded...

That is what we plan to do we have the plus package my husband only drinks soda but hey made both of us take it. If I go over the $12.00 limit I will just pay the difference. Didn't think the Premire package was worth it for us.

Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1