“LIVE” from Allure 8/20, Girls trip to the Southern Carib 🤗

1 hour ago, niksmom630 said:

the lobster was amazing. Probably one of the best meals I’ve had on a ship.

if you are on symphony in a few weeks and make it to 150CP, ask for Ben from Tunisia as your waiter. He’s awesome and will make your dining experience  that much better. Our waiter was really the only low light of the evening. He was efficient enough, just not very personable.

and yes, the martini was worthy of all the hype!  

I knew you would love the Martini. And Yes I will be asking for Ben when I make my reservation. Thank you so much for the recommendation. Last time at CP150 I had both the Filet and the Lobster Thermidor and it was amazing.

said jerk has still not returned. 3 hours later. We had a good rain shower and his backpack got quite a dousing. 

karma 😆

Next time turn him in to the pool attendant. That is so uncalled for.

55 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

Just move all of his stuff onto one chair!!! 

YES! or just throw his stuff to the ground. Sorry Charlie!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

YES! or just throw his stuff to the ground. Sorry Charlie!

I may or may not have moved someone's stuff over to one chair on a cruise to Alaska last year. They came back and were like "did you move my stuff" I just shook my head and shrugged LOL 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

58 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

10/10 I would be getting a pool attendant over that. IDK why this is, but when I SEE someone do this, it irks me more than the people I do not physically see doing it (like the people who did what he did before I got there). I feel like I have to at least try to even the playing field for other people even though I have a chair I am sitting in. 

I thought about it….but a single person showed up

at around 12:30 and sat in one of the 6 chairs. 🤨 

I must confess  that I put towels on two of our 4 chairs for the girls who were finishing up a cycling class at the gym. Then we all sat for a bit before grabbing a quick breakfast at wipe out cafe.  

I sort of feel like it’s okay to grab a few extra chairs if you make it there first and have people coming a few minutes behind you. When I walked into the solarium it was a sea of blue towels but very few bodies. 

on one of my symphony trips, the day beds were so popular people were sleeping in them at 5 am. With the duvets from their beds. 

Greed has returned with full capacity…. 😎

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

I may or may not have moved someone's stuff over to one chair on a cruise to Alaska last year. They came back and were like "did you move my stuff" I just shook my head and shrugged LOL 

Good for you. It's time to stand up to these selfish people.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, niksmom630 said:

I thought about it….but a single person showed up

at around 12:30 and sat in one of the 6 chairs. 🤨 

I must confess  that I put towels on two of our 4 chairs for the girls who were finishing up a cycling class at the gym. Then we all sat for a bit before grabbing a quick breakfast at wipe out cafe.  

I sort of feel like it’s okay to grab a few extra chairs if you make it there first and have people coming a few minutes behind you. When I walked into the solarium it was a sea of blue towels but very few bodies. 

on one of my symphony trips, the day beds were so popular people were sleeping in them at 5 am. With the duvets from their beds. 

Greed has returned with full capacity…. 😎

You are the exception. I normally will sit there and wait a good hour before moving someone's stuff over and only if someone isn't sitting with it...and I'll definitely be stewing over what I should do that whole hour lol.  I never get how people drag their duvets from bed and go sit on the loungers...like WHY?!? do they not have a balcony, is that it? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, niksmom630 said:

I thinks that's perfectly alright. I don't mind at all someone saving a few chairs. It's the person that goes out at the crack of dawn to claim a bunch of chairs and does not show up till after 4-5 hours that I have a problem with. The 30 minute rule needs to be enforced.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Day 3….Thoughts and observations

- my quest for a paper compass at guest services provided some answers

D3B06824-75A1-4BBA-88C2-AD5E8A8FF988.thumb.jpeg.cbab32fcbbe4806108de9e15cae72011.jpeg

Curious if this URL below works without buying a Wi-Fi package…. It’s still a tad painful to read on your phone….

https://minio.rccl.com/compass/cruisecompass.pdf

In any event, as others have suggested -  it looks like paper copies will continue to be available from your cabin steward 

298E51A6-DEA7-438D-94AA-27C64D11C2B0.thumb.png.0a7026aebe0f95f1a355c769ecee720e.png

• Like 2

Elevator sightings….the dreaded  “blue screen”….. and upside down to boot…. Thankfully it didn’t affect the mechanicals 😜 

13ADE025-6FD4-45B9-AEA0-C068C99BFAA1.thumb.jpeg.83628d365dfd4fb91bbe435d41ce0ff2.jpeg

I don’t know about all of you, but who DOESN'T crave a garnished jello on vacation?????? 🙄

said no one ever….

60123F6F-CBE0-4D5A-9892-4A4D8D93972C.thumb.jpeg.fd91b7147c73358e978f62ae2184c2b4.jpeg

pretty certain there was something decent on that empty plate in the second row at some point…..my quest for something sweet resulted in a frozen yogurt soft serve cone.  

RCI could really up their game a tad in the dessert category. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

- The app shows that the Wipe Out cafe is serving “snacks” 

it most certainly has been serving breakfast the last two days. Haven’t seen the afternoon offerings yet…

64503B4C-3F8B-424B-A575-94FAC03894A2.thumb.png.5f88d0e79a62e870eb80e092a34521ce.png

stopped in the solarium bistro this morning, and they we’re also serving breakfast, but the app says “brunch” 

A065AE46-274B-4840-800B-C8360999F631.thumb.png.ac218cc858dc4a88c2e4081c392e7496.png

- my C & A cheese plate got an update but what the H is that?????? 

EF907463-647D-48E7-BC2F-9CDC220EAABD.thumb.jpeg.3602d2ddb77deb57515baef27bc87fb5.jpeg

- the towel  creations still bring me joy 😁  

7813E880-78EF-4D4A-92A4-DB8866550B68.thumb.jpeg.c4c79b23b6090bebd141cc8e3da5448a.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

the lobster was amazing. Probably one of the best meals I’ve had on a ship.

I am happy to hear.  We plan to try 150 for the 1st time.  We plan to try the Tenderloin for two.  I love lobster but have not tried it prepared like this.  Was not sure if I wanted to take a chance and was thinking fish just for the Halibut. 

The garlic roll looked REAL good.

I liked the pics of CP.  The way it is lit up made me first thing Christmas lights. 

• Like 1

Elevator sightings….the dreaded  “blue screen”….. and upside down to boot…. Thankfully it didn’t affect the mechanicals 😜 

13ADE025-6FD4-45B9-AEA0-C068C99BFAA1.thumb.jpeg.83628d365dfd4fb91bbe435d41ce0ff2.jpeg

I don’t know about all of you, but who DOESN'T crave a garnished jello on vacation?????? 🙄

said no one ever….

60123F6F-CBE0-4D5A-9892-4A4D8D93972C.thumb.jpeg.fd91b7147c73358e978f62ae2184c2b4.jpeg

This makes me laugh because I think the same thing. Who wants jello for dessert? The only time I do is after major surgery.😜 Could use more chocolate. I will say this chocolate dessert in the WJ on Explorer last November was the bomb.

IMG_6448.thumb.jpeg.9d4709536e71081c5ade10e58cac852f.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I am happy to hear.  We plan to try 150 for the 1st time.  We plan to try the Tenderloin for two.  I love lobster but have not tried it prepared like this.  Was not sure if I wanted to take a chance and was thinking fish just for the Halibut. 

My first time at CP 150 I could not decide between either the Filet or the Thermidor so the waiter brought me both. The Thermidor was amazing. You should ask if you can get both. Those garlic rolls were so good I could have just eaten those all day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I liked the pics of CP.  The way it is lit up made me first thing Christmas lights. 

my daughter ordered both! The lobster was in a creamy Parmesan garlicky kind on sauce. Very rich but the serving size was perfect. Also you can order the beef tenderloin  for one, and multiple appetizers. 

• Thanks 1

said no one ever….

If the grape flavoured jello had a raisin on top, it’s a hard no from me. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

9 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

If the grape flavoured jello had a raisin on top, it’s a hard no from me. 😉

@A&L_Ont Andrew! You know royal would never be that obvious! They like to hide their raisins…. Like in the cole slaw….or perhaps in that sticky light brown marmalade stuff that showed up on my cheese plate 🤢

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

said no one ever….

pretty certain there was something decent on that empty plate in the second row at some point…..my quest for something sweet resulted in a frozen yogurt soft serve cone.  

The jello thing made me crack up, my husband and I always say to each other "Who WANTS that???" lol

• Like 2

5 hours ago, niksmom630 said:

Day 3….Thoughts and observations

- my quest for a paper compass at guest services provided some answers

D3B06824-75A1-4BBA-88C2-AD5E8A8FF988.thumb.jpeg.cbab32fcbbe4806108de9e15cae72011.jpeg

Curious if this URL below works without buying a Wi-Fi package…. It’s still a tad painful to read on your phone….

https://minio.rccl.com/compass/cruisecompass.pdf

In any event, as others have suggested -  it looks like paper copies will continue to be available from your cabin steward 

298E51A6-DEA7-438D-94AA-27C64D11C2B0.thumb.png.0a7026aebe0f95f1a355c769ecee720e.png

I don’t want to have to use the app.  I want a paper compass and to book my shows pre cruise online.   😊 

Edited by maggieq
  • Like 4

On 8/21/2022 at 4:20 PM, molly361 said:

I guess so  It wouldn't be bad if they could put the Compass on the app in the form it's in now

...Working in IT for the last 40 years...yo over estimate the RCI IT department...

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, maggieq said:

I don’t want to have to use the app.  I want a paper compass and to book my shows pre cruise online.   😊 

Go to customer services on one of your many trips past that area and pick one up...