Allure of the Seas Refurbishment?

slyster

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

Just off Allure.  The captain said we would be able to enjoy the DL for three more years.  I assume that's when it will go bye-bye.  Another RCCL "enhancement."

That sucks.

2 hours ago, Anton said:

In one of the FB Pinnacle groups someone posted that the Hotel Director on Allure said "3 more years" until Allure gets amped.  This was last week.

Hope this is true and she comes back to Fort Lauderdale doing the 6 - 8 day cruises again.

On 8/21/2022 at 9:03 AM, long4acruise said:

So the Voyager no longer has a sauna or steam room?!  I always look forward to these facilities after my gym workout when cruising. 

Thanks

It's no longer complimentary.  You have to pay.  I was just on Allure and it's $29 per day.  Also, gym is much, much smaller with less equipment.

On 8/20/2022 at 9:49 PM, slyster said:

I read that a refurbishment was postponed from a couple of years ago on Allure of the Seas.  Did the refurbishment ever happen or is it on a schedule to be done?  If I understand correctly, it hasn’t been refurbished since it sailed, correct?  Thanks.

Based on the utter uselessness of the WiFi whereupon 2 soup cans and string would likely serve you better, I would say that is correct. 

6 hours ago, Airbear232 said:

It's no longer complimentary.  You have to pay.  I was just on Allure and it's $29 per day.  Also, gym is much, much smaller with less equipment.

Yes, we do have to pay either daily or get a package for the entire cruise to use the Thermal Suite facilities on the Oasis and Quantum classes.

I was inquiring if Voyager still has the sauna and steam room facilities. On some amped ships, they were removed and the gyms relocated. Haven't been on Voyager recently.

1 hour ago, long4acruise said:

Yes, we do have to pay either daily or get a package for the entire cruise to use the Thermal Suite facilities on the Oasis and Quantum classes.

I was inquiring if Voyager still has the sauna and steam room facilities. On some amped ships, they were removed and the gyms relocated. Haven't been on Voyager recently.

When we were on Voyager the Gym was moved from Fore to Aft.  The gym size was cut to much less than half the space.  There were some lockers in front of the gym that weren't operational but no change rooms.  I asked about the steam and sauna and the girls at the spa said they were gone.  Don't know if there are new ones you have to pay for, I was just too bummed at that point and left.

• Thanks 1