When can I BUY a full $250 CruiseNext ?

styxfire

When can I buy the full size $250 CruiseNext?

I know they of course can’t be redeemed on cruises <6 nights, but my question is about BUYing, not redeeming.  I am considering taking a cruise specifically so I can buy 2 CruiseNext while onboard.  Will I be able to BUY them on a 3-to-5 day cruise?  Or on a short cruise would I be limited to only the “lite version”.?

i.e.  I want to go on a short cruise to buy CruiseNexts for a long cruise.  Possible?

I would assume you could buy whatever you needed - and they'd probably be more than happy to book another cruise for you.

But there are also CN buying sites on social media, possibly eBay as well?

Edited by julig22
  • Thanks 1

I'm pretty certain you can buy CruiseNexts while on ANY NCL cruise.  They are NOT usable on the current cruise, so there'd be no reason to not sell them to you.

There will be flyers in your cabin and they will be happy to sell them to you at the Latitudes desk.

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the quick responses, that helps a lot, I appreciate it.  Need to start searching for a cruise now!  Lol.

fyi I’m less inclined to buy from a reseller cuz the value is less (after they tack on their profit), and I worry about the hassle.  That’s just me.  It’s an idea to consider, though, thanks.

7 minutes ago, styxfire said:

I’m less inclined to buy from a reseller cuz the value is less (after they tack on their profit),

But then you have the folks that bought them 2-for-1 on a cruise and have found they can't use them in time (FOUR YEARS later) and try to recoup some of the value by selling them at half price or maybe a little more than half price and get a little extra from them.

Example - I bought 2 on my last cruise, price paid for each $250 certificate (after rebate) was $125.  I now realize I can't sail in the next 3.5 years and decide to sell them.  To just recoup my cost I could sell them at $125 each for the $250 certificates, but I could also pad it a little bit and ask $150 or $175 and make a little bit of "profit" while still giving the buyer some extra value for the certificate.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just curious, if my DW and I each buy two $250 CruiseNext certificates onboard (the first leg of our B2B), do we each get the $250 OBC perk posted to our account for a total of $500 OBC? We're on B2B 19-day cruises and figured this might be a good way to pay for laundry? To go along with that, does nonrefundable OBC carry over to the next leg on a B2B if you don't spend it all on the first leg?

One additional question. Can you post more than one CN certificate to a single booking. In other words can we use all 4 of the CN certificates on a future booking as long as that cruise conforms to the rules? 

Edited by Ken the cruiser

18 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If my DW and I each buy two $250 CruiseNext certificates onboard (the first leg of our B2B), do we each get $250 OBC posted to our account for a total of $500 OBC? We're on B2B 19-day cruises and figured this might be a good way to pay for laundry? To go along with that, does nonrefundable OBC carry over to the next leg on a B2B if you don't spend it all on the first leg?

One additional question. Can you post more than one CN certificate to a single booking. IAW words can we use all 4 of the CN certificates on a future booking as long as that cruise conforms to the rules? 

I think you will find answers to most of your questions here:

https://www.ncl.com/fr/en/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions-ceuk#cruisenext

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just curious, if my DW and I each buy two $250 CruiseNext certificates onboard (the first leg of our B2B), do we each get the $250 OBC perk posted to our account for a total of $500 OBC? We're on B2B 19-day cruises and figured this might be a good way to pay for laundry?

This is a big point of confusion for a LOT of people.  The OBC you get effectively offsets the cost of half of the CND's purchased.  If you bill them against your room your net cost is 50% of what you bought.  That $250 (per pair of CND's) is non-refundable but CAN still be used toward the cost of the CND's (normally non-refundable OBC can't).

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

One additional question. Can you post more than one CN certificate to a single booking. In other words can we use all 4 of the CN certificates on a future booking as long as that cruise conforms to the rules? 

You can apply two cruisenexts 1) to a balcony category and above reservation made at least six months in advance 2) on any cabin category on any Prima sailing but the offer expires this month.

https://www.ncl.com/cruisenext

As others said for example, if you buy two cruisenexts for $500 total and don't spend another penny on the cruise, you will be charged $250 total for the two cruisenexts. Otherwise the $250 "OBC" will be applied to your onboard spending. You don't think you'll take two cruises in the next four years?

• Thanks 1