Celebrity and Royal Caribbean drop testing

mafig

35 minutes ago, mafig said:

Celebrity and Royal Caribbean have dropped testing for cruises 9 days and under.....👍

And the vaccine requirements on MOST sailings from the US. Hopefully MSC will modify theirs before my sailing in October.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

They will if they want to stay in the game.  We embark MSC on Saturday...still have to show vax card and provide proof of negative test.  Dang it.

We have a cruise with MSC in Oct. so we've already made final paymnet ....dang it for us too.🤢

If we had not we would have selected Norwegian...or Royal...or Celebrity.  

• Like 1

It all starts Sept.5th. Maybe, hopefully, MSC will update by then. All the majors now, except Disney have dropped testing for various days. NCL: every cruise. Royal and Celebrity:10 days or less. All the  Carnival brands:16 days or less. Royal and celebrity are the only ones that don't require a proctored test for unvaxxed. MSC had better get with the program, or  lose bookings to all these lines.

3 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

It all starts Sept.5th. Maybe, hopefully, MSC will update by then. All the majors now, except Disney have dropped testing for various days. NCL: every cruise. Royal and Celebrity:10 days or less. All the  Carnival brands:16 days or less. Royal and celebrity are the only ones that don't require a proctored test for unvaxxed. MSC had better get with the program, or  lose bookings to all these lines.

Yes, this will happen for sure.  I'm already wishing I had held out a little longer but have booked an MSC for Saturday.  I don't mind presenting my vax card but hate the idea of testing ahead of time.  THis all unfolded so fast.  and to think, I was happy with masks being optional.  Didn't see this coming on so quickly.

14 hours ago, deliver42 said:

It all starts Sept.5th. Maybe, hopefully, MSC will update by then. All the majors now, except Disney have dropped testing for various days. 

I thought MSC was the only "major" left.  Did not know about Disney.  But still........

We are prepared to book a last-minute cruise with MSC once testing is not required. If the company doesn't eliminate testing by the time we are ready to go, we will book NCL instead even though we will have to pay a much higher price.  

18 minutes ago, lexxfield said:

We are prepared to book a last-minute cruise with MSC once testing is not required. If the company doesn't eliminate testing by the time we are ready to go, we will book NCL instead even though we will have to pay a much higher price.  

This is exactly why we went with MSC for our upcoming cruise.  At the time of booking, testing on every line was required so we went with the cheaper option and decided to give YC a try.  If my crystal ball could have predicted a drop in testing, we would have paid a little more to go with NCL or Celebrity instead.  That said, we are excited to try MSC and will show up on Saturday with test doc in hand.  

I'm sure that MSC is also dropping the testings. It's not in their best interest to keep these restrictions if other major cruise lines are easing up. They all see a significant increased bookings and MSC won't be left behind.