Question about cruising the Western Caribbean.

TheFox14

I'm looking to cruise the Western Caribbean in 2024 (All my vacation time this year is already spoken for). I'd love to find a cruise that hits both Roatan and Grand Cayman. I checked 2023 and saw a Princess cruise that hit both ports. Does anyone know if any other cruise lines have routes that hit both ports? Or should I choose one port or the other?

Depends where you want to leave from. Galveston always doesn grand Cayman with jamaica because they are close. Lots go to roatan but usually with costa maya or another mexican port. You can probably find this combo out of florida. It's a matter of fuel. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, richbum said:

We are going on the pride out of Tampa with stops in both of those ports....I'm not sure about 2024....as ours is in 2023.

If you don't mind me asking, when are you going? I'm hoping to book a cruise that hits both in April or May of 2024.

15 minutes ago, TheFox14 said:

If you don't mind me asking, when are you going? I'm hoping to book a cruise that hits both in April or May of 2024.

We are going in January...We live in Maine...so it breaks up the winter for us....

• Like 1

Not sure if all 2024 itineraries are out yet, but my research using cruisetimetables.com brings up Carnival Pride from Tampa on 31 March.  Also Celebrity Summit from Miami on 15 April.  Not sure if you are aware that these ships will not dock at the same place on Roatan.  Summit will use Coxen Hole, Pride will visit Mahogany Bay, a port created by Carnival Corp for their family of cruise lines.  We have visited there with a Costa ship.  EMEM

Edited by Essiesmom

On 8/24/2022 at 11:49 PM, TheFox14 said:

I'm looking to cruise the Western Caribbean in 2024 (All my vacation time this year is already spoken for). I'd love to find a cruise that hits both Roatan and Grand Cayman. I checked 2023 and saw a Princess cruise that hit both ports. Does anyone know if any other cruise lines have routes that hit both ports? Or should I choose one port or the other?

Roatan and Grand Cayman are both popular stops and relatively close to each other.  Many cruises on several cruise lines will visit both in the same trip.  As has been mentioned, not all cruise lines have posted their 2024 schedules.  Don't forget to consider other factors that may be important to you - such as the other ports on the itinerary, cruise line "reputation" and "fit", desired length of cruise, embarkation port, etc.