Christmas cruise

Bucketlist22

15 hours ago, Bucketlist22 said:

Does HAL celebrate Christmas extra special on the ship, Koningsdam in particular? We’re looking at a Mexican Riviera cruise Dec. 22-29

We celebrated last year on Rotterdam and there were nice decorations throughout the ship.

1213211804a.jpg

1218211558_HDR.jpg

1213210756a.jpg

original_45ed8819-44e0-492f-8496-979afe530376_1231211700a_HDR.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

My friend and I are booked on that cruise and I have been on a HAL ship before for Xmas. Really nice decorations, Santa arrives with his elves, eggnog and cookies. Lots of fun!! Come join us!! There is a fairly active R/C...at least for HAL!! 😉

• Like 3

I have sailed on HAL ships during the holidays and they have all--without any exceptions--been excellent cruises with joyous celebrations.  Beautiful decorations, special menus, and Gingerbread men prepared by the ship's bakers, etc.  Children?  Yes.  (How can it be Christmas without children?)  When you sail, you MUST attend the Christmas morning program when Santa arrives on the ship.  The children on board receives a gift (or more) from Santa.  It is a program that, at least for me, is a standout in my memory.  Maybe it will be for you as well.  

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Bucketlist22 said:

Does HAL celebrate Christmas extra special on the ship, Koningsdam in particular? We’re looking at a Mexican Riviera cruise Dec. 22-29

Putting up the holiday decorations usually starts the week after Thanksgiving

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JesseLivermore said:

More kids I'm sure? (we're thinking of doing this out of SD if  school break schedule permits) 

How does Koningsdam compared to Westerdam? B'ball court? 

I have not been on Koningsdam yet..I think it is a different "class" ship than Westerdam? Looks great in the photos!! 

21 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

I have sailed on HAL ships during the holidays and they have all--without any exceptions--been excellent cruises with joyous celebrations.  Beautiful decorations, special menus, and Gingerbread men prepared by the ship's bakers, etc.  Children?  Yes.  (How can it be Christmas without children?)  When you sail, you MUST attend the Christmas morning program when Santa arrives on the ship.  The children on board receives a gift (or more) from Santa.  It is a program that, at least for me, is a standout in my memory.  Maybe it will be for you as well.  

The video that was shown in the theatre as Santa "arrived" on board with his elves and travelled all over the ship was such fun...and then "bursting" into the theatre!! Fun for all ages!! 

• Like 2

On 8/24/2022 at 10:09 PM, Bucketlist22 said:

All the above answers look very nice! We will be on the ship right after you (assuming you bite the bullet!) -- on for New Year's Eve which is also our (32nd) anniversary.

3 hours ago, LuAnn said:

The video that was shown in the theatre as Santa "arrived" on board with his elves and travelled all over the ship was such fun...and then "bursting" into the theatre!! Fun for all ages!! 

That is precisely what I was referencing!  Then, the Santa's gifting of the children began.  On one cruise, the CD called the children/youth in age groups.  When he got to the teenagers and asked "what would you like Santa to bring you for Christmas?"  One older teen provided an X-rated response that brought much laughter from us in the audience.  And, a very contrite CD for asking the question!  

• Haha 1