Elite Question

pamps2801

You get 2 coffee cards, each entitling you to 15 specialty coffee drinks and unlimited drip coffee. They’re loaded onto your Medallion, so you need to ask to find out how many you have left if you don’t keep track yourself.

Edited by cruisequeen4ever

1 hour ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

You get 2 coffee cards, each entitling you to 15 specialty coffee drinks and unlimited drip coffee. They’re loaded onto your Medallion, so you need to ask to find out how many you have left if you don’t keep track yourself.

Don't forget the tea and hot chocolate.

32 minutes ago, skynight said:

Two coffee packages, one loaded into the accounts of the 1st and 2nd passenger in the cabin. If you want both packages loaded on just one person's account you have to mention that.

The ‘second’ package can be loaded to anyone else on the sailing, does not have to be someone in your ‘cabin’. They are not physical ‘cards’, it is loaded onto  your Medallion and if you do not use all 15 specialty coffee by the end of the cruise, your done, no chance to rollover. If you are on a B2B, since you should have the same medallion, the coffee package will roll over and not expire till the end of that sailing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wallyj said:

The ‘second’ package can be loaded to anyone else on the sailing, does not have to be someone in your ‘cabin’. They are not physical ‘cards’, it is loaded onto  your Medallion and if you do not use all 15 specialty coffee by the end of the cruise, your done, no chance to rollover. If you are on a B2B, since you should have the same medallion, the coffee package will roll over and not expire till the end of that sailing.

True and I am always open to trading 1/2 my mini-bar for a single coffee package.

• Thanks 1

I sail solo, without Plus, and get $100-200 OBC between military/shareholder benefits, so I find it's easier to just bring my minibottles home with me and use OBC for coffee and cocktails, which helps limit overindulgence in caffeine and alcohol. I've also had good luck getting free Americanos and sometimes lattes, if I find the right barista who doesn't want to bother ringing up a purchase, and getting a coffee in a port is nice too. I also found on my last Alaska sailing that the international cafe and atrium aren't as much fun at 90% occupancy than it was at 40%

44 minutes ago, wallyj said:

. If you are on a B2B, since you should have the same medallion, the coffee package will roll over and not expire till the end of that sailing.

So glad to learn that. We're doing a b2b next yr. I'll exchange our mini bar for the coffee pkgs, & wondered if unused coffees would roll over. Thanks for the info.

16 minutes ago, 1965 said:

So glad to learn that. We're doing a b2b next yr. I'll exchange our mini bar for the coffee pkgs, & wondered if unused coffees would roll over. Thanks for the info.

If your b2b is booked as two separate cruises, you will receive two mini-bar setups. If it is booked as one cruise, only one setup.

11 minutes ago, milogurd said:

If your b2b is booked as two separate cruis2es, you will receive two mini-bar setups. If it is booked as one cruise, only one setup.

Yay! Booked it as 2 separate cruises. 

2 hours ago, milogurd said:

If your b2b is booked as two separate cruises, you will receive two mini-bar setups. If it is booked as one cruise, only one setup.

Nope - you get two setups.  Everyone treated the same.  This has been posted multiple times.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

We've done several B2Bs and always gotten a new min-bar on turn around day.

We have done a 1 night Vancouver to Seattle, then a 7 night Seattle/Seattle. We’ve had a mini bar set up for the 1 night then another one for the 7 night. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, milogurd said:

If you only got one setup, you should have complained & you would have received the second one. That was a mistake. 

17 hours ago, milogurd said:

Not accurate. You get one mini bar for every section of the b2b no matter how many are booked and no matter how booked.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, skynight said:

Not accurate. You get one mini bar for every section of the b2b no matter how many are booked and no matter how booked.

Will any unused "punches" on medallion from the 1st segment carry over & be added to the 15 new "punches" on the 2nd segment? I'm calling them punches because I don't know what to call them now. 😁

20 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

True and I am always open to trading 1/2 my mini-bar for a single coffee package.

Just want to make sure I understood what you said.  I can call room service and tell them I want to trade 1/2 of my mini bar for one coffee package and the other 1/2 for 10 cans of soda?  

2 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

Just want to make sure I understood what you said.  I can call room service and tell them I want to trade 1/2 of my mini bar for one coffee package and the other 1/2 for 10 cans of soda?  

Nope - but I wish we could give up half our alcohol and half our non-alcohol for a single coffee package.  What I was saying and responding to is that a guest who exchanges for two coffee packages can designate any other guest on the ship to receive the coffee package.  So, I would be willing to trade with a guest not wanting/needing two coffee packages.

I booked solo on three b2b2b cruises (3 separate booking numbers).  My 1st cruise is 7 days, 2nd cruise is 5 days, and 3rd cruise is 4 days.  I drank about one cup of coffee each day, so I am thinking for my 1st cruise, I will trade in my mini bar for 2 coffee packages, and for the 5 days and 4 days cruises, trade in for Pierre water and soda. 

Questions:

If I trade in my 1st cruise's mini-bar for 2 coffee packages, hence 30 specialty coffee, and at the end of the 7-day cruise, I only drank 10 specialty coffee, will the remaining 20 coffee be able to carry forward to my 2nd cruise and 3rd cruise until I used up all 30 coffee? A and at the same time, on the 1st day of my 2nd and 3rd cruise, I can call RS to trade my 2nd and 3rd cruise mini bar set up for water and soda (20 bottles each for 2nd and 3rd cruise)?

17 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

a guest who exchanges for two coffee packages can designate any other guest on the ship to receive the coffee package.  

If I want to give one of my coffee packages to my sister (different cabin), do I tell room service my sister's cabin # when I call to trade, or I need to get both packages first, then I go to Passenger Service desk and ask them to unload one package from my medallion and load it to my sister's medallion?

36 minutes ago, chubbypiggy said:

If I want to give one of my coffee packages to my sister (different cabin), do I tell room service my sister's cabin # when I call to trade, or I need to get both packages first, then I go to Passenger Service desk and ask them to unload one package from my medallion and load it to my sister's medallion?

I am not sure of the process, but I would say 90% to head to PSD and get them to move the package from you to sister's account.  (It's an account entry and not something stored on the Medallion).

2 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

I booked solo on three b2b2b cruises (3 separate booking numbers).  My 1st cruise is 7 days, 2nd cruise is 5 days, and 3rd cruise is 4 days.  I drank about one cup of coffee each day, so I am thinking for my 1st cruise, I will trade in my mini bar for 2 coffee packages, and for the 5 days and 4 days cruises, trade in for Pierre water and soda. 

Questions:

If I trade in my 1st cruise's mini-bar for 2 coffee packages, hence 30 specialty coffee, and at the end of the 7-day cruise, I only drank 10 specialty coffee, will the remaining 20 coffee be able to carry forward to my 2nd cruise and 3rd cruise until I used up all 30 coffee? A and at the same time, on the 1st day of my 2nd and 3rd cruise, I can call RS to trade my 2nd and 3rd cruise mini bar set up for water and soda (20 bottles each for 2nd and 3rd cruise)?

If you are on b2b voyages then any unused specialty coffees carry over. Yes, you can exchange the mini bars for the 2nd & 3rd cruises. In practice we always called room service on the day before the end of each cruise and indicated our preferences for the next voyage. It always worked for the coffee packages, not sure if it will work for exchanges, but no harm in trying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, skynight said:

If you are on b2b voyages then any unused specialty coffees carry over. Yes, you can exchange the mini bars for the 2nd & 3rd cruises. In practice we always called room service on the day before the end of each cruise and indicated our preferences for the next voyage. It always worked for the coffee packages, not sure if it will work for exchanges, but no harm in trying.

Great idea to call the day before 1st cruise ends. 🙂

13 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

When you call room service to request the trade let them know you want one package loaded on your card and one on your sisters card and give them her name and cabin number.