Oceania 2025 is out

Cruise Junky

It seems that a number of the cruise lines are doing variations of the “ring of fire” itinerary for their 2025 world cruises.  Some add portions of South America and some add in parts of Africa.  Although this was the first itinerary of our ill-fated 2022 Regent world cruise, we much prefer an equatorial circumnavigation of the globe for a first world cruise.  That is why we have booked Regent’s 2024 Miami to Miami.

• Like 1

For those surprised, the itineraries have been alternating pretty much since Oceania started doing world cruises.  Assuming they are still around when I retire, my plan is to go on an odd numbered year to hit more of South America and Africa.  I feel like I have plenty of opportunity to explore Europe on other trips rather than take an even numbered year itinerary.

• Like 2

Well, for those who complain that cruises always go to the same places, this one visits Edinburgh of the Seven Seas, Tristan da Cunha.  Their nearest neighbor is St. Helena, and they have a total population of 266.  The Insignia will have four times the population when she arrives.

That shore visit alone might be worth the trip.

22 hours ago, rigs32 said:

For those surprised, the itineraries have been alternating pretty much since Oceania started doing world cruises.  Assuming they are still around when I retire, my plan is to go on an odd numbered year to hit more of South America and Africa.  I feel like I have plenty of opportunity to explore Europe on other trips rather than take an even numbered year itinerary.

That is the reason I ended up on the World Cruise with Costa 2023 since it visits ports I have not been to before especially around Africa. It also goes around South America and even I had been there before I am happy to go there again and do different excursions for example Iguaza Falls which had been on my bucket-list anyhow. I have always been booking according Itinerary not cruise line, so 2024 I ended up with Costa again due to a stop in South Korea which is on my bucket-list also.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been targeting world cruise in 2025 for a few years now.  I want circumnavigation and Oceania is the first decent company to offer that with start/end at same port so just booked today!!

Not the best itinerary...eastward and no Europe.  On the other hand, Amazon River, southern Africa and Japan near cherry blossom season are pluses.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dude_hdt said:

I've been targeting world cruise in 2025 for a few years now.  I want circumnavigation and Oceania is the first decent company to offer that with start/end at same port so just booked today!!

Not the best itinerary...eastward and no Europe.  On the other hand, Amazon River, southern Africa and Japan near cherry blossom season are pluses.

Did you check the 2024 RTW  offering?

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/around-the-world-cruises/los-angeles-to-new-york-INS240114I/?sr=%2Fcruise-finder%23marketing_region%3D180dayworld%26ship%3DINS%26time_frame%3D2024-1%26sort%3Dfeatured%3Adesc%26page%3D1%26pageSize%3D10

15 minutes ago, dude_hdt said:

2025 is first opportunity for me after things settle down post retirement.

Maybe the 2026 RTW  will be  a better fit ? if you choose Oceania

You could always  give some lines a try for 10+ day cruises & see what works  best for you 

Enjoy what ever cruise you choose

On 9/22/2022 at 6:26 PM, dude_hdt said:

Agreed. I’m aiming for 2025 too but not keen on O’s 2025.  It seems more geared to repeat WC guests, which is great there is that option, but for us we’re looking for something a bit more mainstream and definitely the Med.  

• Like 1

The more I look at the itinerary,  the more it's growing on me.  Amazon, southern Africa, southeast Asia are pluses.  Missing on my bucket is Petra, Suez Canal, Mediterranean,  Baltic,  and Iceland.  Those can be checked off with another couple of segments with Oceania or another line the following year or 2.

• 3 weeks later...

Cpt. Boat, I  am on 24 WC, best itin since the cancelled 21 which I was on.  Consider booking 24 directly with O with deposit. With the market in freefall, there will be cancellations. Direct bookings have a preference.  You can request several cabins. Should work.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/24/2022 at 11:50 AM, Cruise Junky said:

It seems more geared to repeat WC guests, which is great there is that option, but for us we’re looking for something a bit more mainstream and definitely the Med.  

What do you mean by this please? Itineraries geared to repeat WC guests.  What makes it that?  Thanks.

15 minutes ago, kevingastreich said:

What do you mean by this please? Itineraries geared to repeat WC guests.  What makes it that?  Thanks.

Just the itinerary being a bit out of the norm.  Not having the Med on a world cruise is quite unusual.  

50 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Just the itinerary being a bit out of the norm.  Not having the Med on a world cruise is quite unusual.  

They have  had the Med on the last few years

They  have a few Med ports in 2024   maybe by 2026  they will have more 

They like to offer  the unusual 😉

54 minutes ago, BVILady said:

that is just ridiculous, the itinerary I am looking at is $ 50299.00 per person double-occupancy but $ 113000.00 for single occupancy. Sorry Oceania that is just not acceptable.

I see people here "advertise" for random cabin mates in order to get the PPDO rate.  Even willing to share an inside with a complete stranger for 4 months. There has to be a more reasonable and less chancy alternative?  Thanks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BVILady said:

that is just ridiculous, the itinerary I am looking at is $ 50299.00 per person double-occupancy but $ 113000.00 for single occupancy. Sorry Oceania that is just not acceptable.

I agree.  That's one reason I went with Princess.  My solo, inside cabin,  WC, 111 days, is $43K with the Plus Package.  Nice mix of port and sea days too.

It all depends on what one's expectations are and how they mesh with your budget.  A WC being a nicety not a necessity.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BVILady said:

That seem very odd that they would charge more than the normal 100% SS

Did you contact them  & ask why so much more ??

What year is the WC you are looking at?

They do have some solo cabins  but not sure of the pricing  I think you have to call & ask for those directly

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

That seem very odd that they would charge more than the normal 100% SS

Did you contact them  & ask why so much more ??

I checked the price on one of the large cruise-websites. Not going to contact them, price is just too ridiculous, 100 % SS is already uncalled for considering that only one person is eating..... Have seen already on other price-quotes the single price on lot's of cruises being higher then 100 % SS but then it is usually just a few dollars more. I do understand that one person in the cabin will spend less then 2 people, drinks, excursions.... but to try to make it up with a higher base price is just greedy and low.

Just now, BVILady said:

I checked the price on one of the large cruise-websites. Not going to contact them, price is just too ridiculous,

OK  but maybe going to the source  will get you a different price

But yes SS  are way too much on any  line  IMO