Flights

coxy

27 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

TUI will not release the details till closer to the date, they will not even give details of which planes are to be used, we are waiting for our flight details as well

Correct, that's what I was told too and this is why seats can't be sold.  TUI fly several versions of the 787 so the seating plan is different for each airport.

Incidentally on the Barbados fly cruises does anyone know if the required PCR test is an in person one or can it be an observed at home one? Last year had to be in person but so many testing centres have shut down its difficult to locate one offering PCR.

Just had this attached to a sales email.  Silly place to put it as I'm already booked for next two years but for what it's wortg here's a bit of an update:

Rest assured, if you’re travelling to the Caribbean and haven’t yet seen
information about your flights, we’ll be in touch over the coming days with
your confirmed flight details and how to book your seats.

Unquote 

45 minutes ago, sandancer said:

We are flying to Barbados in March for a cruise on Arvia.  PE economy seats £398 for both of us. We were hoping to get extra legroom seats when they are available but after reading the post by Megabear2 maybe we better have a rethink. 

If you want extra legroom seats you need to be poised and ready to book the moment the flight opens up for reservations.

At least with PE you know you have a comfortable seat, regardless of the exact location.

6 minutes ago, wowzz said:

If you want extra legroom seats you need to be poised and ready to book the moment the flight opens up for reservations.

At least with PE you know you have a comfortable seat, regardless of the exact location.

I've just had an email to say seat booking is not happening yet - I had been told today would be the day. I've checked my CP and it still says nothing. 

If its helpful to anyone with their finger in the button, this is SeatGuru plan and comments for the two TUI variations currently flying:

Boeing 787-9 (789) - newer plane

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Thomson_Airways/Thomson_Airways_Boeing_787-9.php

Boeing 787-8 (788)

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Thomson_Airways/Thomson_Airways_Boeing_787-8.php

The "normal seats are 17" wide with a pitch of 33", the Premium Economy are 18" wide with a pitch of 36".  From my own experience the extra legroom seats have fixed armrests.

From what I can recall from conversations with staff on my summer flights with TUI a few of the older 787 planes were press ganged into short haul use due to lack of planes and as a consequence had their seating layout changed.

Hope this helps those deciding what they want.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Not taking the chance. Just called and booked PE. If it was short haul we would just go with it but Manchester to Barbados we need a bit of comfort. 

40 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Not taking the chance. Just called and booked PE. If it was short haul we would just go with it but Manchester to Barbados we need a bit of comfort. 

As it's some way off did they allocate your seat or could you pick it in advance? Also do you pay upfront or when your balance falls due.

41 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

As it's some way off did they allocate your seat or could you pick it in advance? Also do you pay upfront or when your balance falls due.

The amount is included in the balance, we are on same cruise and

booked PE seats when cruise was booked over 12 months ago.

Actual seat bookings are not able to be done until 14 weeks prior to

cruise except of course higher tiered cruisers have a couple days before

that 14 week period commences.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

From what I can recall from conversations with staff on my summer flights with TUI a few of the older 787 planes were press ganged into short haul use due to lack of planes and as a consequence had their seating layout changed.

Historically,  when this happened the number of PE rows remained the same,  but the seating configuration moved to 3-3-3 compared to 2-3-2. The sests were sold as extra legroom seats.

5 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

We chose PE seats and it was added to our total fare. It was paid when the full balance became due.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, walkingdude said:

We chose PE seats and it was added to our total fare. It was paid when the full balance became due.

From memory, the PE supplement is not taken into account when the deposit is calculated. 

2 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Never having booked them I am thinking of treating myself for our Arvia cruise in December 2023.  What do I need to do to check availability and book?

Through your TA. Not sure how you do it if you booked direct.

• Like 1

On 9/4/2022 at 10:55 AM, Megabear2 said:

on my Kefalonia flight in July people were put into the exit seats to ensure safety regs were met.

The safety regulations don't require the exit row seats to be occupied, but an individual airline may have a policy to do so (if only to avoid the inevitable bunfight that would occur after take-off).

• Like 1

I’ve just managed to book my seats for early November both outbound and inbound they appeared on the system just after midnight.

On 8/27/2022 at 9:56 AM, coxy said:

Due to the fly to the Caribbean in early November still waiting for flight details has anybody got there flight details yet for November/December 

No notification re select seats. We received a couple of weeks ago an air notification email and decided we’d try to log in daily. We finally got into it a couple of days ago but were unable to select seats. We’d read somewhere on this forum that they appear just after midnight so decided to give it a try once we were able to log in. It’s 49 days until our flight.

52 minutes ago, dgs1956 said:

Did you receive any notification that they were being made available?

Edited by Sunlog

1 hour ago, Sunlog said:

No notification re select seats. We received a couple of weeks ago an air notification email and decided we’d try to log in daily. We finally got into it a couple of days ago but were unable to select seats. We’d read somewhere on this forum that they appear just after midnight so decided to give it a try once we were able to log in. It’s 49 days until our flight.

I'm pleased you managed to book your seats but not impressed that you weren't informed that the Seat Booker was available. I think we must be on the cruise after you, have a great time.