LIVE FROM THE MUSE

Lois R

Just thought I would post about how Alaska is going. Met some really nice folks and there are a bunch of crew and staff I have previously sailed with so that has been super fun😀. It is always good tio see friendly/familiar faces.

I will say yesterday the ship felt like an icebox and there were multiple complaints about it. I was so cold I ended up watching TV and napping in my suite because the Temps in there were nice and warm.

Today feels better so let's hope it stays this way.

We are in Juneau today and it is raining non stop and about 50 outside.

Anyway, the Denali portion of the trip was good. We ended up taking the bus from the Aleseka Resort to the ship in Seward which was ok with me because we got here at 4:00. The train would have gotten in at close to 6:00.

Anyone have questions I will try to answer them.

• Like 4

Thanks for the info on the inside temp of the ship.  We embark on Thursday and I am concerned about being warm enough.  I tend to freeze in the summer when indoors.  I am planning for pullovers but how thick was my question.  I think I will go with my heavy stuff.

3 minutes ago, Bearsparents said:

Thanks for the info on the inside temp of the ship.  We embark on Thursday and I am concerned about being warm enough.  I tend to freeze in the summer when indoors.  I am planning for pullovers but how thick was my question.  I think I will go with my heavy stuff.

I am much more comfy today but I am layered. I have seen folks in shorts and t's too. Everyone is different that is for sure.

I am sitting in The Arts Cafe....I love this venue.

• Like 4

Last night was considered "Formal/Informal."The Chronicals specified jackets needed for men but no tie necessary.  I saw several jackets hanging on the back of chairs (Atlantide).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

We are in Juneau today and it is raining non stop and about 50 outside.

Thanks for checking in, Lois!  I just checked the web cam for Juneau and the lens has so much rain on it that the Silver Muse cannot be seen.  53 degrees, the web cam site says.  Too bad that its' so wet.  Juneau is a favorite Alaskan city of mine.  So much to do and enjoy!  

On 8/27/2022 at 6:11 PM, Stumblefoot said:

Love that venue too!

No class.

If you’re going to say that—-what about the people that drink to much, talk on their cell phones, talk to loud and you could go on and on.  I think it’s time to move on and enjoy your cruise.  A jacket isn’t that bad—we don’t know the reason.

• Thanks 1

On the Moon cruise  on 7-5, on the nights that a jacket was required, I always wore one. Fortunately for me, all the restaurants were on the cool side and I was comfortable. On the next cruise this Nov., if the restaurant happens to be warm, off goes my jacket to the back of my chair. I refuse to have dinner with perspiration all over my face. If that offends somebody, that is their problem and not mine. With all the problems and challenges in the world right now, it is amazing what some people get all worked up over- RELAX!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 8/27/2022 at 8:14 PM, Lois R said:

I am much more comfy today but I am layered. I have seen folks in shorts and t's too. Everyone is different that is for sure.

I am sitting in The Arts Cafe....I love this venue.

Lois, the Arts cafe on the Dawn was our favorite go to for our breakfast !!

1 hour ago, rojaan19 said:

Lois, the Arts cafe on the Dawn was our favorite go to for our breakfast !!

Hi, I have been going to Terrazza for breakfast since I have been wanting something warm. The oatmeal with some cinnamon and raisins is my usual this cruise. Then I will come to the Arts Cafe for a drink, hot tea or a latte.

4 hours ago, A Tucson Guy said:

On the Moon cruise  on 7-5, on the nights that a jacket was required, I always wore one. Fortunately for me, all the restaurants were on the cool side and I was comfortable. On the next cruise this Nov., if the restaurant happens to be warm, off goes my jacket to the back of my chair. I refuse to have dinner with perspiration all over my face. If that offends somebody, that is their problem and not mine. With all the problems and challenges in the world right now, it is amazing what some people get all worked up over- RELAX!!

I was just posting what I had seen. I am relaxed😀

• Like 2

On 8/27/2022 at 2:03 PM, Bearsparents said:

Dress code.  I believe I read on the website it would be one option formal (informal if not) then 3 more informal and 3 casual correct? 

Yes. And I think this is one of the most casual cruises I have taken. (Not a judgement, just an observation)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Observer said:

Is "optional formal" a new development? I do not recall having encountered it on any previous Silversea cruise.

No, it’s been in place on 7-night voyages in Alaska and the Mediterranean for a few years now.  I don’t remember the year it started, but it was in place when we sailed the Med during the 2018 season.

39 minutes ago, luv2kruz said:

Any news on itinerary plans for Muse in October’22?

Good morning from Ketchikan where the skies have cleared and the air outside feels fresh😀 and I may actually get off the ship and walk around.

As to your question, from what I was told she will be in Singapore in Oct for restocking, etc.(not for a specific sailing) and will be headed for Australia in early December.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning from Ketchikan where the skies have cleared and the air outside feels fresh😀 and I may actually get off the ship and walk around.

As to your question, from what I was told she will be in Singapore in Oct for restocking, etc.(not for a specific sailing) and will be headed for Australia in early December.

Hi again, I was told she actually  will be doing some revenued sailings from Singapore before heading down under.

• Like 1

Today is the last day and we are at sea. They are having a special buffet in Dolce Vita for lunch along with live music. The trio and pianist will be playing. Should be nice. It has been a good trip overall (especially after my last cruise) but 7 days is wayyyyyyy too short. And there has been the issue of the Temps on board. I wrote about it on my comments. Just too cold most of the time. Very inconsistent. Today feels ok but of course we disembark tomorrow lol

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lois R said:

…but 7 days is wayyyyyyy too short.  

I’m with you!  Thankfully, once Silver Princess went to college, we were able to sail longer than 7-days.  I don’t know how people (or crew) do those 3-day voyages on the mass market lines.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

I’m with you!  Thankfully, once Silver Princess went to college, we were able to sail longer than 7-days.  I don’t know how people (or crew) do those 3-day voyages on the mass market lines.

Most of the time those really short ones are "booze cruises" for a weekend getaway. Not saying all folks are on for that reason but many are.....

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Most of the time those really short ones are "booze cruises" for a weekend getaway. Not saying all folks are on for that reason but many are.....

Ah, yes.  Nothing like a quick trip to Nassau and back.  Other than booze, why bother?

Edited by audobon_tx