Celebrity On Board App

Floridastorm

I believe that Celebrity requires one to download their on board app prior to finalizing the on line check-in. Is their internet service required on board in order to utilize the app? If yes, and you don't buy the  internet service, how does one use the app? Or, can you accomplish most of the functions without an app? Sorry, but I'm old enough now whereby things like this escape me. 😴

59 minutes ago, Floridastorm said:

I believe that Celebrity requires one to download their on board app prior to finalizing the on line check-in. Is their internet service required on board in order to utilize the app? If yes, and you don't buy the  internet service, how does one use the app? Or, can you accomplish most of the functions without an app? Sorry, but I'm old enough now whereby things like this escape me. 😴

Celebrity doesn't require you to down the app to use prior to or on the cruise. If you elect to use the app on the ship you'll connect to the ships guest Wi-Fi. No internet purchase is required. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Celebrity doesn't require you to down the app to use prior to or on the cruise. If you elect to use the app on the ship you'll connect to the ships guest Wi-Fi. No internet purchase is required. 

Are you not required to do the muster drill on the app?  In June on RCL we had to have the app to complete the video and other items for the drill

4 minutes ago, mitz18 said:

Are you not required to do the muster drill on the app?  In June on RCL we had to have the app to complete the video and other items for the drill

No. You can simply watch the video on your stateroom tv, then proceed to your muster station to be checked in.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mitz18 said:

Not required. You could have watched everything associated with the muster drill on your cabin TV. 

8 minutes ago, mitz18 said:

yep - anyway the app worked great so not an issue.

I agree not an issue. Just saying the app is an option not a requirement. We used the app to watch the muster drill for both legs for our March B2B cruise on the Explorer while sitting in our room at the pre-cruise hotel. We'll do the same for our September cruise on the Summit. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I agree not an issue. Just saying the app is an option not a requirement. We used the app to watch the muster drill for both legs for our March B2B cruise on the Explorer while sitting in our room at the pre-cruise hotel. We'll do the same for our September cruise on the Summit. 

sorry I meant not an issue for me. I honestly thought the app was required.

32 minutes ago, mitz18 said:

sorry I meant not an issue for me. I honestly thought the app was required.

Next time you sail, look around and think about how many of those around you would be sailing if a smart phone was required 😂

• Haha 1

Appreciate the info provided about the phone app. I do have a smart Android phone when my wife told me to get rid of my flip phone which I liked and replace it with this "smart" phone. I'm an old guy and have never had the need to have anything more than a phone calling and answering device. I see people spending their entire waking hours on those smart phones and I'm just glad that I don't. 🤔 

47 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

LOL - the app and cell phones have added so much to the ambience of cruising. Now you can look around in any of the public areas (including the MDR) and see passengers glued to their phones and listen to cell phones ringing.

🤣🤣🤣 I wonder if they are on them when they go snorkeling? 

13 hours ago, Floridastorm said:

Appreciate the info provided about the phone app. I do have a smart Android phone when my wife told me to get rid of my flip phone which I liked and replace it with this "smart" phone. I'm an old guy and have never had the need to have anything more than a phone calling and answering device. I see people spending their entire waking hours on those smart phones and I'm just glad that I don't. 🤔 

I'm an old dude with a smart phone. I use the app pre cruise for check in time, passport info and vaccination info. Still old school. I print our express passes and put them with our vaccinations cards with our passports in the passport wallet. I use the app to do the muster drill while sitting in the hotel room. At the embarkation terminal I hand those required documents over to whoever is asking for them.  I don't want to be the person fumbling around with my phone (either operator error or connection issues) to bring up all the required documentation in order to board and possibly holding up the line. Once on the ship I turn the phone off and put it in the safe or a drawer. We always do SD so no need to see the meus in advance and prefer the paper copy of the Celebrity Today. Personal preferences. 

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

I'm an old dude with a smart phone. I use the app pre cruise for check in time, passport info and vaccination info. Still old school. I print our express passes and put them with our vaccinations cards with our passports in the passport wallet. I use the app to do the muster drill while sitting in the hotel room. At the embarkation terminal I hand those required documents over to whoever is asking for them.  I don't want to be the person fumbling around with my phone (either operator error or connection issues) to bring up all the required documentation in order to board and possibly holding up the line. Once on the ship I turn the phone off and put it in the safe or a drawer. We always do SD so no need to see the meus in advance and prefer the paper copy of the Celebrity Today. Personal preferences. 

Exactly what I intend on doing. 📞

• Like 1