Covid test

laticsmon

Just wondering if I've read this right carnival that p and o are part of have said that on cruises less then 16 days you don't need a negative test from 6th September so when we go on iona 10th September we don't need to do any sort of test at all is this right.

You are mixing up the Carnival cruise line, with the Carnival Corporation.

All the details you need are on the P&O web site.  You must take a test, with a negative result,  within two days of embarkation. However,  you do not have to provide proof that the test was negative.

No. Carnival is the same company but different rules as they are in the USA. Someone will correct me if I have that wrong.

From my.pocruises for our October cruise. 

Testing requirements

Changes to testing requirements: Guests on cruises after 5 September 2022 whose testing requirements differ from the below policy will be contacted directly for their upcoming holiday.

Unless otherwise communicated, all guests aged five years and over must take a lateral flow/antigen test within two days prior to embarkation of the ship. This can be at any time in the two days before or on the day of embarkation. Guests will no longer need to provide a test certificate, however, they will be asked to confirm the test has been taken, with a negative result, as part of the pre-boarding health declaration at the cruise terminal/airport. Guests under five years of age are exempt from pre-travel testing.

3 minutes ago, emam said:

No. Carnival is the same company but different rules as they are in the USA. Someone will correct me if I have that wrong.

Correct, in that all of the Carnival brands are operating to different protocols.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, emam said:

Testing requirements

Changes to testing requirements: Guests on cruises after 5 September 2022 whose testing requirements differ from the below policy will be contacted directly for their upcoming holiday.

Unless otherwise communicated, all guests aged five years and over must take a lateral flow/antigen test within two days prior to embarkation of the ship. This can be at any time in the two days before or on the day of embarkation. Guests will no longer need to provide a test certificate, however, they will be asked to confirm the test has been taken, with a negative result, as part of the pre-boarding health declaration at the cruise terminal/airport.

Just in case anyone is unsure, cruises starting before September 5th also do not now require proof of a negative test to be obtained/shown.

I would urge folk going before 5th September to actually read the P&O protocol for themselves. If you turn up without a test result you may be in for a surprise.  This from just now.

Testing requirements

Unless otherwise communicated, all guests aged five years and over must take a lateral flow/antigen test within two days prior to embarkation of the ship. This can be at any time in the two days before or on the day of embarkation. Guests will no longer need to provide a test certificate, however, they will be asked to confirm the test has been taken, with a negative result, as part of the pre-boarding health declaration at the cruise terminal/airport. Guests under five years of age are exempt from pre-travel testing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zap99 said:

I would urge folk going before 5th September to actually read the P&O protocol for themselves. If you turn up without a test result you may be in for a surprise.  This from just now.

Testing requirements

after 5 September 2022

Yes, 'after' is the important word here. If your cruise departs on or before the 5th September the present rules apply which is a day before departure test with a 'fit to fly' certificate, you don't actually have to fly of course but you need a certificate to prove you passed the test.

Edited by davecttr

I am on a fly cruise with P&O this Thursday 1st September and have read the rules.  You do not need evidence of a test now although you have to verbally confirm you have tested negative.

The rules below that are the current rules.  No test certificate required but you are asked to confirm you have taken the test  (you can even use old NHS test kits if you still have them.)

Unless otherwise communicated, all guests aged five years and over must take a lateral flow/antigen test within two days prior to embarkation of the ship. This can be at any time in the two days before or on the day of embarkation. Guests will no longer need to provide a test certificate, however, they will be asked to confirm the test has been taken, with a negative result, as part of the pre-boarding health declaration at the cruise terminal/airport. Guests under five years of age are exempt from pre-travel testing

Adequate tests include over the counter tests, providing they meet the criteria below. NHS tests are now only issued for those in medical need. However, if guests have any remaining NHS tests, these would be accepted. 

Accepted antigen tests include:

• Rapid antigen test
  • Viral antigen test
  • Antigen Lateral Flow Fluorescence
Edited by itinerant_life

3 hours ago, davecttr said:

after 5 September 2022

Yes, 'after' is the important word here. If your cruise departs on or before the 5th September the present rules apply which is a day before departure test with a 'fit to fly' certificate, you don't actually have to fly of course but you need a certificate to prove you passed the test.

After reading  post 5, I realised that folk are getting advice that is often conflicting and sometimes just wrong. Hence urging them to check for themselves.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

After reading  post 5, I realised that folk are getting advice that is often conflicting and sometimes just wrong. Hence urging them to check for themselves.

So it appears I was mistaken? you need to take the test but don't need the certificate. So just say you have taken the test when you have not - crazy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

So it appears I was mistaken? you need to take the test but don't need the certificate. So just say you have taken the test when you have not - crazy

Just like you do when asked if you have had sickness or diarrhoea in the previous 48hrs before boarding.

• Like 3

I assure you that posts 5, 8 and 9 are correct!

I am on a September 3rd cruise and received an email from P&O in July specific to my particular cruise with the information itinerant_life posted.

Just wanted to prevent anyone on "my" cruise or earlier being panicked by the doubts being raised, especially given P&O's stupidity in now only showing what happens after September 5th and no longer describing the situation for current cruises up to that date too.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, bbtablet said:

I assure you that posts 5, 8 and 9 are correct!

I am on a September 3rd cruise and received an email from P&O in July specific to my particular cruise with the information itinerant_life posted.

Just wanted to prevent anyone on "my" cruise or earlier being panicked by the doubts being raised, especially given P&O's stupidity in now only showing what happens after September 5th and no longer describing the situation for current cruises up to that date too.

Yes it is confusing and I do not think the communication has been particularly clear.  The current rules came into effect on the 24th July (you are told you must take a covid test but do not have to provide a certificate but instead declare the result was negative at the terminal).

image.thumb.png.147718821bad0d451308bfcc02e9b6cf.png

• Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 8:04 AM, Trevor Fountain said:

The only thing that has confused matters since the new guidance came into effect on the 24 July is this thread.

A test is required. You just don't  need to prove it. You have to confirm you have self tested and are negative. That is not the same as no test is required.  Of course folk on here won't tell fibs, will they. Hence I urged folk to read for themselves and not rely in confusing and often conflicting information. No more posts from me in this subject as I'm all right Jack.

Edited by zap99
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1