Early morning coffee?

Mudhen

We will be on the Whisper very shortly and I'm wondering about early morning (6-6:30ish) coffee.....

I don't think, nor do I want room service for this. It probably doesn't even start that early.

I'm hoping somewhere on the ship, they may put out an urn and I can just help myself...

Is this possible?

27 minutes ago, Randyk47 said:

The Panorama Lounge has self-service coffee that early.  I often….like pretty much every morning….get our first coffees there before room service is available. 

And the attendant starts there to make your coffee quite early too. Can't recall the exact time. My usual pattern was to leave our flasks there prior to my deck walk and pick them up after.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Randyk47 said:

The Panorama Lounge has self-service coffee that early.  I often….like pretty much every morning….get our first coffees there before room service is available. 

I agree that Panorama is the place to go for coffee. However, room service is available 24/7.  

3 hours ago, Observer said:

I agree that Panorama is the place to go for coffee. However, room service is available 24/7.  

Yes you can get room service but I can walk to the Panorama quicker than they can get room service to the cabin.  The second and most important consideration is I get up usually well before Mrs K so room service might wake her up.  Depending on the weather I typically sit outside aft of the Panorama and have a couple of cups giving her a chance to wake up without interruption.  Timing usually works out that the butler is delivering our standing 7:00 AM tray of coffee and juices.   

• Like 1

This is good to know.  On a FB post, it was mentioned that there is no place to get an early morning coffee other than asking your butler.  I want to get my coffee to-go while heading to the track for a stroll.  Do they have any pastries there as well?

Another item - do they have No Sugar Added Apple Juice onboard? Is that something we can have to keep in our cabin fridge?

Glad to hear they have coffee early. I am an early riser and would like a cup before I workout if possible. From what I see the gym opens at 6 am so I could hopefully grab a cup of coffee before heading to the gym or track. I can workout without coffee but it certainly helps wake me up. 😁

If you order from any public telephone on the ship, they will bring you coffee to wherever you are ;-). I did this alot as my better half likes sleeping in and I didn't want to disturb them by ordering in-room service. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Randyk47 said:

I thought room service was 24 hours, wrong?

1 hour ago, ronrick1943 said:

Opp’s, sorry didn’t read far enough down for the answer. So it is 24/7

Sorry it was probably my wording.  Indeed room service is 24/7 but when me, myself, and I get up I don’t necessarily want to call room service and wait for them to deliver.  It’s not that they are slow more that I am ready to get out of cabin and start the day.  Really not a lot different than home but different pace.

7 hours ago, Gourmet Gal said:

The newer ships have The Arts Cafe.  Does anyone know what time it opens?

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

My Chronical says 6:30am 

I’ll have to check that out next January when we are on the Dawn.  All of our previous Silversea cruises have been on the older and smaller ships that don’t have the Arts Cafe.   We have been on the Spirit that now has the Arts Cafe but that was pre-stretch and her being “Mussified”.   

Edited by Randyk47

2 hours ago, Randyk47 said:

I’ll have to check that out next January when we are on the Dawn.  All of our previous Silversea cruises have been on the older and smaller ships that don’t have the Arts Cafe.   We have been on the Spirit that now has the Arts Cafe but that was pre-stretch and her being “Mussified”.   

During a refit a few years ago, Shadow got a coffee/snacks bar on Deck 5 that is a miniature Arts Cafe.  As I recall, it is referred to as the Atrium Cafe and is open at 6:30 AM.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We just got off the Dawn yesterday.  We had breakfast everyday in the Arts cafe.  Franco makes great  coffee, and there is a good selection of fruit, pastries, sandwiches during the day.  It opens at 6.30am.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Observer said:

During a refit a few years ago, Shadow got a coffee/snacks bar on Deck 5 that is a miniature Arts Cafe.  As I recall, it is referred to as the Atrium Cafe…

I remember Jolly being one of the first folks to enjoy it and shared some pics.  It looked like such a cool upgrade for the Shadow.