Crown and Anchor Points

slyster

I'm trying to figure out my CA points.  My 7 night cruise in 2019 was a 7 night, balcony cabin cruise and the one a few weeks ago was in an Ocean view Cabin on Enchantment.  I received 14 points for each cruise.  Is that correct?  I thought you only got double points for suites or higher?  If they goofed and doubled the points, I am not complaining LOL

Did you book the once a couple weeks ago during COVID? If so, it was very likely booked during the double points promo.

For the 2019 Enchantment, any chance you actually booked a Junior Suite? That's the only thing I can think of, other then it being a straight up error.

The 2019 cruise was on Freedom of the Seas.  I double checked and it was a 2B cabin (9640).  I sailed August 2022 on Enchantment of the Seas in an Oceanview cabin.

I didn't realize they did promo double points!  So, maybe that's what happened in both cases.  I booked a cruise August 2023 on Allure of the Seas.  How do I know if that one will be double points too?

It was not a solo cruise.  It was me and my wife.

Edited by slyster

The double points promo ran last year - so it won't be responsible for your 2019 cruise. If that was double occupancy in a balcony then it should be just the 7 points from what I can tell. This one may be a miscalculation, so you may want to keep quiet and hope no-one notices!

For the cruise in August 2022, as long as you booked before end of September 2021 that would qualify for the double points.

This promotion has now ended - so your 2023 cruise will NOT qualify. The main reason for the promo was to promote sales as things came back after covid lockdown.... usually such promotions are extremely rare (and I've not seen anything quite as generous before.... "diamonds in december" they had several years ago saw an extra point for december cruises if a diamond member, but that's not happened for a long time). It's probably unlikely to happen again anytime soon.