In New York, does Princess sail

gatorgirl1971

No. They embark/disembark in Brooklyn. If you happen to be on one of the few cruises that has NYC as a port of call then that ship may dock in Manhattan on the Hudson River. Why can't Princess just tell their customers where they dock? They know, why can't their customers know directly from them rather than from other sources?

7 minutes ago, skynight said:

No. They embark/disembark in Brooklyn. If you happen to be on one of the few cruises that has NYC as a port of call then that ship may dock in Manhattan on the Hudson River. Why can't Princess just tell their customers where they dock? They know, why can't their customers know directly from them rather than from other sources?

We're on a trip out of Brooklyn in two weeks. Yes, it's very strange that they continue to publish the "Manhattan or Brooklyn" terminology everywhere, but they do technically tell their customers where they are sailing from. Once a trip is booked, it's buried in the Personalizer under the Itinerary tab, though they continue the error on that page as well.

image.thumb.png.e732f14a702817ed1a9d0ea3707f0a27.png

• Like 1

We just left 3 days ago from the Red Hook pier.

caution:  Anyone taking a cab or car service to the pier, give the driver the address listed in the post above.  Our driver picked us up at our hotel and gave us the tour of Brooklyn because dispatch gave him the wrong address.  Cost us $35.00 for the cab ride and we were 10 minutes away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

We just left 3 days ago from the Red Hook pier.

caution:  Anyone taking a cab or car service to the pier, give the driver the address listed in the post above.  Our driver picked us up at our hotel and gave us the tour of Brooklyn because dispatch gave him the wrong address.  Cost us $35.00 for the cab ride and we were 10 minutes away.

And you're sure that this was a "mistake" because....?

The Travel summary for my Oct 29/22 cruise has both Manhattan & / or Brooklyn.

I have sailed from Brooklyn previously on this cruise itinerary and expect to do it again.

It does now give the address for Brooklyn - Red Hook,  I will check again before I embark.

The travel summary for my cruise on August 15 gave Manhattan or Brooklyn. It did not matter to me since I was taking a transfer from the airport. Discussing it became all the rage on our roll call and Facebook page.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dog said:

The Travel summary for my Oct 29/22 cruise has both Manhattan & / or Brooklyn.

I have sailed from Brooklyn previously on this cruise itinerary and expect to do it again.

It does now give the address for Brooklyn - Red Hook,  I will check again before I embark.

Same with our Travel Summary for our trip the 17th, printed today and it still show "Manhattan or Brooklyn", with no clear statement of which port it is, though the Itinerary page on the Personalizer is correct in showing departure from Brooklyn.  The only other place I've seen them get it correct is on the "Cruise Port and Hotels" page on the Princess site, where it lists only Brooklyn as the port

image.thumb.png.1fcad6e512d89b8b9cec1a63b35dd650.png

• Like 1

Anyone know what Taxi prices are from LGA to the Brooklyn pier?  I saw $35 from a hotel 10 minutes away but I'm curious about pricing from the Airport.  We did not book princess transfers as I have heard that taxi it the cheapest (over Uber) but I'm not able to confirm that.