Day pass comparison Avila/Marriott/Renaissance?

LadyBerard

• 1 month later...
On 9/4/2022 at 8:42 AM, LadyBerard said:

If any of you have been to any of the above during your day in Curacao, could you please compare them for me.  Thank you!  (Cost to get there, pools, beaches - sandy/rocky, costs of beverages/food)

Suzanne

I live in Curaçao. If you are looking for a place with no rocks and a sandy bottom in the water, Renaissance is the place (this is a man made beach like area,  salt water infinity pool, no snorkeling), it very nice.

If you are looking for a real beach,  then choose either Avila or Marriott,  both are a bit rocky, but have good snorkeling. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, massfamilyof4 said:

I am wondering the same thing! Following for responses.

Mary

I emailed info@curacaorenaissance.com and received the following reply:

"Thank you for your interest in our Infinity Beach Club!

Our Beach Club is just a 10 minute stroll from the nearest pier, and a 20 minute walk from the docks in the harbor.

We are open from 10am to 6pm. Our day passes are US$ 40.00 per person, however these are sold based on availability on the actual day of visiting.

The pass includes use of towels, showers and other beach facilities as well as a US$20.00 Food & Beverage credit.

Food and beverages items can be purchased at our Infinity Beach Bar & Restaurant or you can also order directly with one of our beach servers.

Kids ages 5 till 12 are half price. Kids under 5 enter for free.

Upon arrival at the Renaissance Hotel, you can complete your payment at the front desk in the lobby, in either cash or with all major credit cards. US currency is widely accepted over the island. You will receive 1 wristband per person and a payment confirmation in twofold.

After your payment, take the elevator up to the second floor, exit to your right, and follow the signs to the pool bar.

Our hostess will further guide you at the beach.

We’re looking forward to welcome you to our beach!"

Unfortunately it rained most of the day we were in Curacao so we didn't go, hope you have better luck!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

I received the same info from Avila.

Thanks for the info on the Renaissance Wind Creek.  My fear is that with two ships in - we may be closed out without a reservation.

The Marriott has the following info on their website:

Harmony pool and beach access

Serenity pool access: Adults only

Beach towel and lounge chair

Food and beverage credit to be consumed at Salty Iguana Ocean Grill

Daypass hours: 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM

Prices:

NAF 75 per Adult with a NAF 35 food and beverage credit included

NAF 35 per kid (6-12 years) with a NAF 15 food and beverage credit included

Kids 0-5 years enter for free

A reservation 24 hours prior is required. For reservations please call +5999 736 8800.

Maximum 2 kids per adult. Valid upon availability.

Please remember that reservations are required to get access to our day pass. 

A limited number of passes are available per day.

I've tried looking for an email address for the Marriott Curacao but the only contact information I can find is a phone number.   I would love to reach out to them but I am not calling Curacao!

Anyone have an email address??

On 1/1/2023 at 11:33 AM, Deeliteful said:

Sorry, my bad it’s booked through Resort for a day

https://www.resortforaday.com

At $139 pp (even with a $65 food credit and taxi) - I'll book through the resort.

$42 with a $20 food credit is a no brainer.

Does any one have a way of getting in touch with them via email instead of calling?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2023 at 2:19 PM, CruisingDad said:

We did the Marriott last week, it was wonderful.

I just called and booked directly. Took a few minutes to figure out how to dial Curacao but then it was easy.

Can you elaborate on your experience? I’m debating between Marriott and Avila. Thanks!

We arrived at the Marriott about 10am and stayed about 5-6 hours. We went straight to the main desk, which was in kind of an open air lobby. We checked in, paid, they gave each of us (4 adults) wrist bands and coupons for discounts on dining purchases. We went outside and selected some deck chairs near the adult pool, under umbrellas. The main pool was a little more interesting in layout but they are not far apart. There were also lounge chairs and umbrellas on the beach but we preferred the pool area. The umbrellas were large and fixed in place.

We snorkeled from the beach. The water was a little rough that day, but the beach area has some protection from a rock dike about 30 meters out, so there was an area calm enough to swim in. The water was clear; we saw some interesting fish, sea urchins but nothing spectacular.

There is an open air restaurant right by the main pool. We sat at one of their tables and ordered lunch and cocktails. The lunch and drinks were very good, and the service was friendly. We used the 4 coupons and a credit card to open a tab for the day.

The rest of our time we lounged and read our books, and took dips in the pool. It was a little cooler outside than we expected but not uncomfortable.

We had a great time. We enjoyed the pools, beach, food, and drinks. Everything there including the restrooms were spotlessly clean. There were only a few other people there that day, including one other family doing the day pass thing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 1/26/2023 at 7:03 PM, CruisingDad said:

Also, someone else asked for an email - try

Richantely.Windster

at

curacao-marriott.com

I successfully booked via the email address provided at $42 with a $20 food credit.   I also booked a snorkel guide for an hour with dive shop right there as I am traveling alone.   You know... never swim alone:)  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/26/2023 at 9:22 PM, CruisingDad said:

We arrived at the Marriott about 10am and stayed about 5-6 hours. We went straight to the main desk, which was in kind of an open air lobby. We checked in, paid, they gave each of us (4 adults) wrist bands and coupons for discounts on dining purchases. We went outside and selected some deck chairs near the adult pool, under umbrellas. The main pool was a little more interesting in layout but they are not far apart. There were also lounge chairs and umbrellas on the beach but we preferred the pool area. The umbrellas were large and fixed in place.

We snorkeled from the beach. The water was a little rough that day, but the beach area has some protection from a rock dike about 30 meters out, so there was an area calm enough to swim in. The water was clear; we saw some interesting fish, sea urchins but nothing spectacular.

There is an open air restaurant right by the main pool. We sat at one of their tables and ordered lunch and cocktails. The lunch and drinks were very good, and the service was friendly. We used the 4 coupons and a credit card to open a tab for the day.

The rest of our time we lounged and read our books, and took dips in the pool. It was a little cooler outside than we expected but not uncomfortable.

We had a great time. We enjoyed the pools, beach, food, and drinks. Everything there including the restrooms were spotlessly clean. There were only a few other people there that day, including one other family doing the day pass thing.

Thank you for the detailed note about your experience. Can you please let me know how much was the taxi from the port to the hotel? And was it easy to get a cab back to the ship? 

So we found the taxis on Curacao a bit different than those on Aruba. We did not see any posted fares - in our case we agreed on a price before getting in the taxi. The fare for us was 5 USD per person, each way.

The hotel is very close to the port - less than 15 minutes. On the day we were there, the person running the taxi stand did not want to find us a cab - the fare was smaller than what they wanted to deal with. He told us to walk into the town to get a taxi. We were persistent however, and managed to secure a ride with in a van with another family headed to a beach.

For the return trip, the valet at the Marriott called us a taxi, which again we shared with another small group.The taxi arrived to pick us up in about 15 minutes.

• 1 month later...

Having a similar dilemma:

1) Marriott looks the best resort but short of paying the inflated price for the  'package' (transport included) day pass, there is a teeny bit of uncertainty over transport/what the price  and availability will be.

2) Renaissance is in the best location relative to the cruise port, but you can't pre-book. Do not fancy getting up super early on holiday just to secure a spot.

3) Avila Beach Club looks good but no pool access by default so need to book the right package, and, mixed reviews on walking to it/how it easy it is.

Edited by Captain-John

Just got back from Avila.......$10 per person pass includes pool and beach, with chairs at both.

There are two beach areas with front row seating and beautiful water. Snorkeling is fabulous.

Taxi shared from ship was $12 couple, taxi arranged by hotel back to ship was shared with one other couple and was $10 per couple.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Designated Cruiser said:

Just got back from Avila.......$10 per person pass includes pool and beach, with chairs at both.

There are two beach areas with front row seating and beautiful water. Snorkeling is fabulous.

Taxi shared from ship was $12 couple, taxi arranged by hotel back to ship was shared with one other couple and was $10 per couple.

Are there umbrellas available?  How long was the drive there?