Equinox library

sunsetme

1 hour ago, 39august said:

Love the library space on Equinox. Library on Silhoutte may have been turned into interior cabins during "revolution".  Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

Still shows on Celebrity deck plans...decks 10 & 11.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-silhouette

(of course, we know how IT keeps up on the latest...lol)

Edited by dlh015
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 39august said:

Love the library space on Equinox. Library on Silhoutte may have been turned into interior cabins during "revolution".  Someone correct me if I'm wrong. 

You're wrong.  They only did this on M class ships.  They have, however, apparently stopped stocking the library with new books so the selection on most ships is pretty slim.  

• Like 1

Glad to know Silly still has a library. I bring my own books, but it is a great place to read. A few  months ago I was lucky enough to spot a book I had never read by a very popular author. Certainly don't count on that happening again any time soon!

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, mkblinzler said:

I bring my own books also but if I finish a book I will put it in the ship library for anyone else who wants to read it. Maybe I should throw a few in my bag that need to be donated and drop them off at the library so someone can enjoy them.

That’s a good idea & what we do in our family holiday home. That way everyone gets to bring a couple of books & there will easily be 10 books to choose from. 

• Like 1

Glad that the S class ships still have the libraries but the M class ships have lost theirs - although I assume the Infinity still has her library since she has not yet been renovated.  Edge class  ships were built without libraries as so many people use electronic readers - however, there are a lot of us who do prefer the feel of paper, and last I saw, there were portable book carts in Eden filled with books passengers have left to trade, like one of the "free libraries" people have installed in their front yards😄. And on the M class ships, several of the wall cubbies in the Rendezvous lounge have been given over to passenger book trade areas.  Although I always bring books with me, sometimes I blow through them more quickly than I'd planned so the on-board libraries, even the teensy book carts or wall cubbies, are very welcome.

On 9/6/2022 at 9:57 PM, jmrcruiser said:

For those on the ship now, how's the selection of books in library in English?  thank you!

We were on the Equinox last week and there was a very limited supply of books in English, when we were on in May there were loads!