Embarkation Day Lunch

BettyNL

20 minutes ago, SiliconCruiser said:

on the Royal class ships there may be a greater variety in the buffet to appease a more diverse audience.

Definitely more variety at the buffet than in the dining room.

But the dining room is a much more relaxed and calm experience compared to the often crowded experience at the embarkation day buffet filled with passengers unfamiliar with the buffet layout and what it offers.

After possibly coping with crowds at airports and on a plane and with the lines at cruise check-in, embarkation day lunch in the dining room is a great way to be pampered as you switch into vacation mode.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, SiliconCruiser said:

May I suggest reading before posting?

These are your exact words that I commented on, quoted directly from your post #26:

"I haven't asked them in years since I know they're just trained parrots.  But just to be clear, there is a lot of willful misinformation that is transmitted on Princess cruises, just go to the Guest Services desk."

It appears that I can read just fine.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ldubs said:

You seem to stretch things a bit. Did someone say staff was lying to passengers for they own nefarious reasons?  Start calling me names if you want, but whether a job requirement or not,  it is a lie.  I've also encountered that that more than once.  

The words "willful misinformation" implies nefarious reasons. I don't get my knickers all in a bunch over the same things that you allow yourself to be. I have much more useful activities I would rather do than allow myself to feel the victim of such an insignificant incident. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, sloopsailor said:

The words "willful misinformation" implies nefarious reasons. I don't get my knickers all in a bunch over the same things that you allow yourself to be. I have much more useful activities I would rather do than allow myself to feel the victim of such an insignificant incident. 

And yet, you are the one freaking out.  And again, you stretch things to support your need to be upset (dare I say offended).  You need to use words like nefarious.   No poster has implied criminal, wicked, or evil intent.  They simply called it a lie, which is a fact.  I never said anything that would indicate I was a victim or upset. I was responding to your unnecessarily excessive comments.  Take a deep breath.  

1 minute ago, ldubs said:

And yet, you are the one freaking out.  And again, you stretch things to support your need to be upset (dare I say offended).  You need to use words like nefarious.   No poster has implied criminal, wicked, or evil intent.  They simply called it a lie, which is a fact.  I never said anything that would indicate I was a victim or upset. I was responding to your unnecessarily excessive comments.  Take a deep breath.  

SMH.gif

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, DrSea said:

Grand princess. Where do I go?

Deck 5 - International Cafe and Alfredo’s

Deck 6 - MDR

Lido Deck:

Salty Dog Grill

Slices

Buffet

ice Cream Bar (Coffee and Cones)

Specialty Restaurants not opened until dinner - Crown Grill and Sabatini’s

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Deck 5 - International Cafe and Alfredo’s

Deck 6 - MDR

Lido Deck:

Salty Dog Grill

Slices

Buffet

ice Cream Bar (Coffee and Cones)

Specialty Restaurants not opened until dinner - Crown Grill and Sabatini’s

Thanks!

Are these all complimentary?

Edited by DrSea

6 minutes ago, DrSea said:

Thanks!

All but the Specialty Restaurants.  Crown Grill - $29.  Sabatini's - $25.  Open for dinner/reservations suggested.  

I've reached Room Service on Embarkation Day, but haven't tried ordering anything.  Some have mentioned they do not take orders/deliver during those first few hours.  Most of the items on the Room Service Menu are complimentary.  Pizza and other high end dinners may cost you.  Ordered pizza once...charged, ordered again...no charge.  Take out from Alfredo's has a charge.

Edited by cr8tiv1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, DrSea said:

Thanks!

19 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

All but the Specialty Restaurants. 

19 minutes ago, pathi said:

Yes they are.

The Lobster Roll at the Salty Dog Grill has a cost for it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, caribill said:

The Lobster Roll at the Salty Dog Grill has a cost for it.

52 minutes ago, pathi said:

Yes they are.

52 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

All but the Specialty Restaurants.  Crown Grill - $29.  Sabatini's - $25.  Open for dinner/reservations suggested.  

I've reached Room Service on Embarkation Day, but haven't tried ordering anything.  Some have mentioned they do not take orders/deliver during those first few hours.  Most of the items on the Room Service Menu are complimentary.  Pizza and other high end dinners may cost you.  Ordered pizza once...charged, ordered again...no charge.  Take out from Alfredo's has a charge.

Thanks everybody. I always forget about Alfredo's having a charge or not

16 hours ago, brisalta said:

Are you one of those people that ignores the stewards at the top of the gangway and run past them?

I have never been handed a flyer.  Not sure what part of that you didn't understand. 
But yes, I will ignore remarks about having to go to the buffet or directions telling me that I have to use the same set of elevators that everyone else is pushing and cramming into.

2 hours ago, SiliconCruiser said:

I have never been handed a flyer.  Not sure what part of that you didn't understand. 
But yes, I will ignore remarks about having to go to the buffet or directions telling me that I have to use the same set of elevators that everyone else is pushing and cramming into.

We always take the stairs, and have on several occasions received the flyers about lunch options, including the dining room.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

We always take the stairs, and have on several occasions received the flyers about lunch options, including the dining room.

DW is in a motorized wheelchair, the stairs are not an option.  Though I do use them frequently if I'm alone.  Often faster than waiting for a elevator.

Just now, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

True.  Next time, just go to the mdr.  Nine times out of ten, lunch is available!

We've always done that, including our very first Princess cruise, when we were advised by my SIL to that rather than dealing with the buffet.  Up until now, we've never encountered a 6th Fl. MDR not being open for lunch on embarkation day.  On one occasion we were near the forward elevators and the crew member adamantly told us that we could not take the elevator down to the dining room (because it wasn't open) and that we had to go up to the buffet.  We just ignored him and took the midship elevators down to the 6th fl. dining room.