How is the bidding system doing? Any comments?

Bwana Tom

@caligirlfashionista

ABSOLUTELY!  I had a guarantee and submitted an upgrade bid after final payment was posted.  My first cabin assignment was from a Balcony Guarantee to a Deluxe Balcony.  My initial upgrade bid was cancelled by Princess (or their representative).  I resubmitted the upgrade bid request and received an upgrade to a Mini Suite.  Give it a try!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

If anyone has made a bid that was excepted, how soon prior to your cruise were you notified by Princess?  What did you bid for & what did you get?

I'm on the Discovery Princess for the April Solar Eclipse cruise & although the web site shows no Mini Suites availed I have a bid for $250 coming from a deluxe balcony. I’ve been told by my T/A that Princess may be holding some staterooms back.  I’m interested to see what happens. Could Princess contact me & make a counter offer?

Thanks!

Tom🤔

• Like 1

23 hours ago, trbarton said:

If you have made a bid for an upgrade before & it was excepted, how long before you were notified with your new stateroom number?  The web site says that it could by as little as 2 days before the cruise. 

Thanks for the answers from people that has had a bid excepted. 

I have a bid in & if it is excepted, I’ll post how long before the cruise I was notified, to give people an idea as to what might  happen. 

Tom😀

Last bid that was accepted I heard two days before we sailed.  

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, trbarton said:

If anyone has made a bid that was excepted, how soon prior to your cruise were you notified by Princess?  What did you bid for & what did you get?

I'm on the Discovery Princess for the April Solar Eclipse cruise & although the web site shows no Mini Suites availed I have a bid for $250 coming from a deluxe balcony. I’ve been told by my T/A that Princess may be holding some staterooms back.  I’m interested to see what happens. Could Princess contact me & make a counter offer?

Thanks!

Tom🤔

Yes they in fact have contacted me with a counter offer before. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/6/2022 at 10:07 AM, Steelers36 said:

Our Oct voyages on REGAL should qualify.  However, the first two are sold out with nothing available to book.  When I access the third one in Cruise Personalizer, I see nothing about bidding on another cabin (and, NO, we wouldn't want to move mid-voyage in the B2B2B).  All I have for offers is the opportunity to upgrade from Standard package to PLUS or PREMIER.

Our cruise coming up really soon has said sold old for awhile but was able to submit one bid on a mini that they countered on and just submitted a new bid a couple days ago.  Apparently being sold out doesn't really mean sold out when it comes to bidding?  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cruisintimer said:

Our cruise coming up really soon has said sold old for awhile but was able to submit one bid on a mini that they countered on and just submitted a new bid a couple days ago.  Apparently being sold out doesn't really mean sold out when it comes to bidding?  

Always possible cancellations

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Cruisintimer said:

I saw some figures that recent sailing are around 109% (of double occupancy) sold at the time of sailing.  Cruises are adopting the airline mentality and dealing with the fallout if they end up not being able to accommodate. Normally, they can shuffle enough staterooms to swap a couple out of a room fit for three passengers for a family that needs the third berth. As I have checked availability I have seen more and more guarantee sales closer to the sale date.  It becomes increasingly difficult to book a numbered stateroom within the last 90 days, even though Princess is willing to reserve a guaranteed deck.  As the sailing get's closer and they start slotting the guaranteed rooms, then they have a better idea of what they can actually accommodate from the bidding system.  I'd love to watch this process take place.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 1/12/2024 at 11:02 PM, Noble724 said:

@caligirlfashionista

ABSOLUTELY!  I had a guarantee and submitted an upgrade bid after final payment was posted.  My first cabin assignment was from a Balcony Guarantee to a Deluxe Balcony.  My initial upgrade bid was cancelled by Princess (or their representative).  I resubmitted the upgrade bid request and received an upgrade to a Mini Suite.  Give it a try!

How much did it cost for you to upgrade?

• Like 3

On 1/9/2024 at 3:52 AM, KarmaCruisers said:

I’m on the same cruise 

we’re in an interior on caribe deck and bid for obstructed balcony for $100p/p but they countered a deluxe obstructed balcony for $130p/p so we said yes..we’ll see if they agree (we hope!)

Karma....did you get confirmation that your bid was accepted?  Are have you been moved?

Upgraded MD to S3 for $78 pp per day. It was my highest bid for that segment, though not the one rated most liable to hit according to their likeliness meter. In fact it was a minimum bid deemed "unlikely" as opposed to a couple others classified as strong bids.

Cruise is seven weeks out, e-mail offer sent ten days ago with my bids made that same day, and accepted today.

Prior to the bidding process, all suites had been listed as sold out for the preceding few months.

I rather hope that one of my bids for the following segment hits. Don't want to move from a nicer cabin to one more modest. The other direction is OK.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, walkingsoon said:

Upgraded MD to S3 for $78 pp per day. It was my highest bid for that segment, though not the one rated most liable to hit according to their likeliness meter. In fact it was a minimum bid deemed "unlikely" as opposed to a couple others classified as strong bids.

Cruise is seven weeks out, e-mail offer sent ten days ago with my bids made that same day, and accepted today.

Prior to the bidding process, all suites had been listed as sold out for the preceding few months.

I rather hope that one of my bids for the following segment hits. Don't want to move from a nicer cabin to one more modest. The other direction is OK.

Enjoy the cruise....no matter which "direction" you might be going!!  I can't wait to be out on the high seas in a month and 10 days!!!

• Like 1

Going on Ruby Princess on a 16 day to Hawaii.

Currently have a regular balcony on deck 14.

The cost to upgrade to mini suite will more than double our fare.

the bidding opens in a few days and have checked on the available cabins.

There are many available and all on deck 9.

I am aware that if a bid is accepted I will be stuck with the one given.

It looks like deck 9 is the only deck with availability.

Does that mean that we would not be given a different deck ?

1 hour ago, pistnbroke said:

Going on Ruby Princess on a 16 day to Hawaii.

Currently have a regular balcony on deck 14.

The cost to upgrade to mini suite will more than double our fare.

the bidding opens in a few days and have checked on the available cabins.

There are many available and all on deck 9.

I am aware that if a bid is accepted I will be stuck with the one given.

It looks like deck 9 is the only deck with availability.

Does that mean that we would not be given a different deck ?

They could give you any upgraded cabin regardless of what the Cruise Personalizer is showing (or not showing) as being available. Don't presume anything....the biding program involves risk.

• Like 1

First time using the bidding program and was not expecting anything to happen, as both legs of our BTB on the Sky have been shown as completely sold out for the last several weeks (as are the other sailings on either end). Placed bids back in mid-November just above the minimum for an upgrade from Reserve Collection Mini (M6) to three different suite classes (S4, S5, S6). Just notified today (24 days out) that our bid was accepted for a Premium Suite (S5). Very happy travelers now and we had that exact category last November for a TA on the Enchanted and really enjoyed the cabin. As someone mentioned earlier, just because a sailing is sold out doesn't mean there will not be late cancellations or shuffling of cabins.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, HiCCCs said:

They could give you any upgraded cabin regardless of what the Cruise Personalizer is showing (or not showing) as being available. Don't presume anything....the biding program involves risk.

• Like 1