How is the bidding system doing? Any comments?

Bwana Tom

Hello!

I got a counter offer for our cruise on 2/18 from sydney. We accepted the counter offer Wednesday (an hour after email came in) but so far haven’t seen any update on this. I haven’t had this counter offer before but is this normal for it to go this long? 
Thank You!

21 minutes ago, TxShenanigans said:

Hello!

I got a counter offer for our cruise on 2/18 from sydney. We accepted the counter offer Wednesday (an hour after email came in) but so far haven’t seen any update on this. I haven’t had this counter offer before but is this normal for it to go this long? 
Thank You!

Yes, sometimes you do not hear up until 2 days before sailing.  Happy Sailing!

• Like 1

My bid was accepted last night, yay! However, I'm in a connecting cabin. I was a bit disappointed at first but I knew that was the risk and am now okay with it.

We are a family of 4 (2 children - 12&10)

16 nights - Hawaii

Accepted - 59 days out

Original cabin- Forward IE

New cabin - Mid Forward BB

Starting balcony bid - $680 CAD/PP, I bid $725/PP

Main traveler - Gold, Myself & children - blue (1st timers)

We have premier package and 3 & 4th free when I booked in Aug

If I booked outright today would be approx $15k, with my bid acceptance I'm paying $10k. Seems good to me.

Edited by Puggy13
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, chillzen said:

March 21st to Hawaii had a free interior and bid 95 for an obstructed ov and won. Has part of a tender in front but still can see out.

Congrats! On the long crossing to and from Hawaii that will be nice to have. I can handle interior if I need to but being able to see daylight is really nice.

3 hours ago, Puggy13 said:

My bid was accepted last night, yay! However, I'm in a connecting cabin. I was a bit disappointed at first but I knew that was the risk and am now okay with it.

We are a family of 4 (2 children - 12&10)

16 nights - Hawaii

Accepted - 59 days out

Original cabin- Forward IE

New cabin - Mid Forward BB

Starting balcony bid - $680 CAD/PP, I bid $725/PP

Main traveler - Gold, Myself & children - blue (1st timers)

We have premier package and 3 & 4th free when I booked in Aug

If I booked outright today would be approx $15k, with my bid acceptance I'm paying $10k. Seems good to me.

You could look on line and see if there are other Forward BB that are not connection in that exact same category.  If yes, have your TA see if the will move you.  There  have been reports of others being successful.  Must be the same exact category.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2024 at 3:15 PM, Cruisintimer said:

Yes, sometimes you do not hear up until 2 days before sailing.  Happy Sailing!

I was hoping they were going to upgrade us in the end but while the bids haven’t been denied officially yet our cruise leaves tomorrow in Sydney. Still going to have a great cruise but a little disappointed that a counter offer email that we agreed to didn’t result in the upgrade. Worse things can happen just adding my 2 cents.

• Like 2

On 2/8/2024 at 8:21 AM, Cruisintimer said:

Just received acceptance email for upgrade to mini suite on Discovery Princess, $110.00 pp.  

I have a bid for an April 3 cruise on the Discovery, $220 from a balcony to a mini suite. How many days before your cruise were you notified?

Thanks!

Tom😀

1 hour ago, TxShenanigans said:

I was hoping they were going to upgrade us in the end but while the bids haven’t been denied officially yet our cruise leaves tomorrow in Sydney. Still going to have a great cruise but a little disappointed that a counter offer email that we agreed to didn’t result in the upgrade. Worse things can happen just adding my 2 cents.

That’s pretty poor to hear nothing when you agreed to a counter offer. 
Enjoy your cruise regardless!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TxShenanigans said:

Let us know if you receive a pleasant surprise when you embark....🙃

4 hours ago, TxShenanigans said:

That is disappointing - are you sure they received your counter?  If you have the email both received and sent - would print it out and take it with you - could not hurt to ask again at check in but make sure you bring your proof - Good luck - beautiful destination - Enjoy - Stay well and safe

• Like 1

Don't know if anyone can help me, but has anyone had any luck bidding for an upgrade on the Sun Princess? I've checked the site and it says I'm not eligible. I don't know if it's an issue with the app or if upgrades simply aren' t open.  

Any guidance would be great

7 hours ago, tinkerbelluk said:

Don't know if anyone can help me, but has anyone had any luck bidding for an upgrade on the Sun Princess? I've checked the site and it says I'm not eligible. I don't know if it's an issue with the app or if upgrades simply aren' t open.  

Any guidance would be great

Have you made your final payment?

What's the latest someone has gotten an upgrade? We sail a week from today and both my bids still say "pending." I think this cruise is pretty much sold out so I'm starting to think I won't get lucky.☹️

5 minutes ago, texbecca said:

What's the latest someone has gotten an upgrade? We sail a week from today and both my bids still say "pending." I think this cruise is pretty much sold out so I'm starting to think I won't get lucky.☹️

Up to 2 days before sailing.  
That was probably from last minute cancellations, since ours was sold out also.

Also, I’ve received a sorry, your bid was not accepted at 1 day

before the sailing. You just don’t know.

Good luck!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, flying boat said:

When is your cruise? Bidding generallly opens 5 days after the final payment due date.  Who did you book with?  Some TA's and big box stores don't participate in the bidding program.

We're 82 days out and we booked with a UK cruise agent, all the payments have been made as far as I'm aware is there any way to check?

6 hours ago, tinkerbelluk said:

We're 82 days out and we booked with a UK cruise agent, all the payments have been made as far as I'm aware is there any way to check?

It may be they just haven't opened the bidding yet, I had one cruise that didn't open until about 60 days prior.  You would probably have to call your booking agent and ask them if they participate.

• Like 1

Sailing on Discovery on Saturday (3 days) in an interior. I only bid on Premium Oceanview, but there are only 6 of those staterooms on the ship. Countered for a Deluxe Obstructed Balcony for $150pp.  There are 70 of these staterooms, most on Deck 8.  I count about 18 of the 70 that are not "actually" obstructed, some with much larger balconies.  I accepted the counter offer for a 25% chance at an interesting stateroom and a 100% chance of a window if accepted.  We'll see what happens.

• Like 2