Do we want green lane or blue lane?

KKB

2 minutes ago, EDVM96 said:

After you get your medallions at the cruise terminal, you can just go to the ship as Platin or Elite, instead of getting a number for a boarding group and wait in the waiting area. And there are also priority lines for getting the medallions.

Thank you. So we join the blue queue for Medallions and then there's a priority queue for embarkation- we're not platinum or elite, the priority is assigned with our cabin. But presumably the same principle applies. Hopefully! 

On 12/27/2023 at 6:02 AM, CruisingFox27 said:

We have our first Princess cruise booked for next year, and I'm trying to learn all the new things required. If we do not live in the US our medallion won't be posted to us, and we can only be blue, is that correct? We have booked a cabin which states priority embarkation - how does that process work if we are blue? We embark in San Francisco, if embarkation port is a factor.

It is my understanding now that those in Canada can now have medallions shipped to their home.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2022 at 2:54 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

For my upcoming cruise (about 3 weeks from now) I had been in the green lane for quite some time.  Then all of a sudden I was "blue".  The App strikes again! Somehow it "lost" my security photo...but not for DW!

I still can't upload my wife's photo.  But we are both Green!

10 hours ago, EDVM96 said:

After you get your medallions at the cruise terminal, you can just go to the ship as Platinum or Elite, instead of getting a number for a boarding group and wait in the waiting area. And there are also priority lines for getting the medallions.

No one just "goes to the ship" unless general boarding has opened.  Prior to that, everyone is in a holding area, albeit Suites & Elites have their place versus Platinum.  Not sure where Reserve Minis go, but used to be group with Platinum.  Once general boarding begins, they let the priority groups on first, followed by the rest.  "The rest" are not held back for arrival of other Elites/Platinums.

Once general boarding is underway and the terminal waiting areas are cleared, newly arriving guests just head onto the ship after clearing check-in, regardless of CC Member level and cabin type.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

No one just "goes to the ship" unless general boarding has opened. 

Self-evidently.

Earliest time I've been to the ship was around 10:30. Boarding had just started. Never been there earlier.

2 minutes ago, EDVM96 said:

Not in the rest of the world.

You mean there is a world outside of North America ?  🙂  Only teasing.  We are looking forward to getting back to Europe (and Germany) in the spring.

Hank

• Like 1

We have posted this previously, but its worth another look :).  On Dec 2 we embarked on the Sky Princess and would have normally gone to the pier about 11:30.  But while looking at a post on CC we noticed that some folks were talking about getting aboard much earlier.  So, we grabbed an Uber over to the port and arrived about 10:30.  We had our Medallions (and Green Lane Access) and quickly moved through the security line, had our Medallions scanned, and were actually on the ship by 10:55.  Boarding had actually started around 10:30.  We never even had a chance to sit down in the terminal.  Our Elite status had little to do with getting us on the ship as the process was the most efficient, we have ever seen at Port Everglades.  Those who did not have their Medallions (or Green Lane) did have a slower process.

Having embarked out of Port Everglades at least 50 times, we had never expected to be sitting at the IC sipping our spicy bloody Mary by 11am!

Hank

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 12/28/2023 at 7:04 PM, Rick&Jeannie said:

It is my understanding now that those in Canada can now have medallions shipped to their home.

We're not Canada either so sadly we won't have medallions in advance. 

On 12/28/2023 at 9:30 PM, Steelers36 said:

No one just "goes to the ship" unless general boarding has opened.  Prior to that, everyone is in a holding area, albeit Suites & Elites have their place versus Platinum.  Not sure where Reserve Minis go, but used to be group with Platinum.  Once general boarding begins, they let the priority groups on first, followed by the rest.  "The rest" are not held back for arrival of other Elites/Platinums.

Once general boarding is underway and the terminal waiting areas are cleared, newly arriving guests just head onto the ship after clearing check-in, regardless of CC Member level and cabin type.

Hopefully, the priority embarkation is going to be straightforward and easy to understand once we arrive. It's all sounding far more complicated than our usual cruise line and the priority embarkation we're used to. Do you receive an embarkation time or is it a general, open operation? 

Edited by CruisingFox27

4 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Hopefully, the priority embarkation is going to be straightforward and easy to understand once we arrive. It's all sounding far more complicated than our usual cruise line and the priority embarkation we're used to. Do you receive an embarkation time or is it a general, open operation? 

It is just open embarkation from whenever they open the terminal doors until about an hour before sailing.  The Princess Travel Summary in the Cruise Personalizer will contain an official window for check-in.  However, 99% of the time, they will be open for check-in ahead of the earliest time listed.

• Thanks 1