What are the current shows on Jewel?

Deeliteful

2 minutes ago, Deeliteful said:

On the Jewel Transatlantic in October and wondered if anyone can tell me the shows and entertainment on board or where I can find it please?

Look in the app for the current sailing.

Edited by Biker19

We we did the B2B this summer, performers were getting on & off practically every port, at least every other. The headliners actually had the JS 2 doors down from us. Appeared to be the designated stateroom for whoever it was.

Primarily, they were acts that travelled very lightly. 

If the TA has many consecutive sea days, not sure how they'd handle that. But if you're hitting ports every couple days, I'd imagine they keep the same thing going.

Adding to answer.

B2B this summer was 24 nights. I think City of Dreams was once per cruise. Not a huge production show, but it had back drops, a couple large props, and singing/dancing. Tango Buenos Aires maybe twice per cruise? It's a very talented couple that does the tango. We didn't actually go to as it's not our thing, but did see them when they did short promo samples at a couple other events/shows. Seems to be a long-term residency.

Thanks, I’m a very regular cruiser(or was pre-Covid!) and tbh don’t often check out the shows but as it’s 12 days with only 2 ports I though I would check if anything/anyone worth seeing.

I’ll probably still send up playing poker! 

Thanks for the info everyone.

4 hours ago, RobInMN said:

We we did the B2B this summer, performers were getting on & off practically every port, at least every other. The headliners actually had the JS 2 doors down from us. Appeared to be the designated stateroom for whoever it was.

If the TA has many consecutive sea days, not sure how they'd handle that. But if you're hitting ports every couple days, I'd imagine they keep the same thing going.

Luck of the draw, prob just an open Cabin. During my 5 Spring Jewel Cruises the Headliners were in Deck 2 OV Cabins. Jr Suite, nice digs for them for a nite or two as even back years ago when Royal usually had real well known Headliners like The Spinners, The Monkees, they didnt rate even a Jr Suite then

Edited by ONECRUISER

On 9/8/2022 at 1:10 PM, RobInMN said:

Hi.

we are due to go on the Jewel next year.

could you please tell me what condition the ship is in ?

i know it is 20 years old.

has it been upgraded at any time?

many thanks.

5 hours ago, mrpie90 said:

Hi.

we are due to go on the Jewel next year.

could you please tell me what condition the ship is in ?

i know it is 20 years old.

has it been upgraded at any time?

many thanks.

I thought Jewel seemed to be in very good shape considering her age. She's still a beautiful ship. She's not perfect, and there's expected wear, but nothing that is overtly obvious and certainly not things that are unexpected. Can't really say I was anywhere and thought "can't believe that's in that bad of shape, they really need to replace that".

I am not sure of Jewel's upgrade/refresh history. I don't believe there has been any major changes, but I'd have to believe that typical cosmetic things have been updated, probably more than once, like the carpets and thigs like that. I'm sure that when she was built, she probably had CRT TVs, those are all LCDs now. I know that walking down the hall while room service was being done, that not all the curtains are the same in every room, so those have been changed out as needed.

There's some mentions of Jewel in this thread. I think all references to Jewel were positive.

We're currently on Jewel. The 2 production shows are those mentioned in post #4. On day 1 we had a welcome aboard variety show. Day 2 is a guest entertainer Steve Rawlings (comedy juggler and tricks) Day 3 is a singer Greg London and day 4 in the theatre is the film Downton Abbey 🙄 the App shows Days 5 and 7 are the 2 production shows and there is nothing listed on the other days so far . Hopefully they'll update with something else, otherwise its pretty poor for a 10 day cruise. There's no knowing who will be on your cruise, particularly on a TA where there are few ports of call to pick up and drop off guest entertainers. I would just say that if you are expecting to be wowed by the entertainment you need to manage your expectations. There was an email address where you could ask what the guest entertainers were for a cruise - can't remember it but someone may be able to help with that