Afternoon Tea Will Be Returning

sunonfire

10 hours ago, cyntil8ing said:

We were on Pride last month and it was held at 3:00pm all three sea days. I assumed it was because we were sailing from England.

Usually, just my daughter and I go, but my teen son went with us one afternoon. We were seated at a shared table full of eight very friendly, very chatty ladies who had no filter, and I think he was a little traumatized by some of the topics. He was a good sport, but the very second my napkin touched the table, he was up and out of there! I doubt he will ever return to tea time. 😀

I’m on the miracle from SF to Alaska. It’s at 3pm on all sea days. 

fantastic pastries. 😍

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DrSea said:

Hmm. IDK what to say. They were asking for my card. Maybe poorly trained/new staff?

There are specialty teas that have a fee. The regular tea and decaf tea and maybe one type of green tea were free. They bring 2 different boxes of tea one is free and the other has an up charge.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, sunonfire said:

There are specialty teas that have a fee. The regular tea and decaf tea and maybe one type of green tea were free. They bring 2 different boxes of tea one is free and the other has an up charge.

You're absolutely correct. I went to tea last Thursday and the no-fee tea box was held underneath the for fee teas by the server. Sly? Perhaps, but Carnival is a business. I did have to chuckle when I saw the image of what appears to be pie on the Hub app for the tea time. I've never seen pies served at tea and wouldn't expect to.

7237EF79-88DB-46DF-88E4-3250365562B3.png.8d28c26e864a36838c2e19dadf301207.png

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, sunonfire said:

50 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

You're absolutely correct. I went to tea last Thursday and the no-fee tea box was held underneath the for fee teas by the server. Sly? Perhaps, but Carnival is a business. I did have to chuckle when I saw the image of what appears to be pie on the Hub app for the tea time. I've never seen pies served at tea and wouldn't expect to.

Thanks to the both for your clarification. I very clearly remember being asked for my card on CCL. 

Perhaps they ran out of green tea on the one tea time I did with CCL and only had lipton tea?

I'll check out tea time one last time on my next cruise on Thanksgiving. Hopefully there aren't too many cutbacks (lol! A man can dream right?). 

1 hour ago, sanmarcosman said:

Very sly indeed.  First-time cruisers, or cruisers who hadn't previously attended teatime, wouldn't know the difference.  I always liked those cucumber mini-sandwiches.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, wemjam said:

So, something just dawned on me.... How much could they possibly charge for a tea bag?  LOL! 🤣

$1.95 was the price last time I looked in I believe February. It may have changed since then.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Tiger0613 said:

I think the server on the Radiance said $2.95 on 9/1/22.

Yea, I remember it being more towards $3 than 2 in summer 2018. IDK if they are doing flex prices like on RCL where it changes based on demand. 

Or maybe the waiter is pocketing the money (I kid)

3 minutes ago, DrSea said:

Yea, I remember it being more towards $3 than 2 in summer 2018. IDK if they are doing flex prices like on RCL where it changes based on demand. 

Or maybe the waiter is pocketing the money (I kid)

Before the pandemic, I remember both $1.95 and $2.95 being mentioned.  I only remember one price being mentioned on 9/1/22.

• Like 1

We always bring our own Twinings tea on cruises as we prefer it. Just bring me some hot water and all the sandwiches and cakes you have. Wait. Wait. I am worried what you just heard is bring me a lot of sandwiches and cakes. What I said is bring me all the sandwiches and cakes you have. Do You understand? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

19 hours ago, asalligo said:

We always bring our own Twinings tea on cruises as we prefer it. Just bring me some hot water and all the sandwiches and cakes you have. Wait. Wait. I am worried what you just heard is bring me a lot of sandwiches and cakes. What I said is bring me all the sandwiches and cakes you have. Do You understand? 

Any pics you have from what sandwiches cakes and desserts they have at tea time?

Edited by DrSea
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, DrSea said:

Any pics you have from what sandwiches cakes and desserts they have at tea time?

I may be of help. The savory and sweet offerings at tea have remained unchanged for us on Carnival since 2011. Two types of finger sandwiches: cucumber and butter and salmon with cream cheese, caper and fennel. The sweets are scones with clotted cream, macaroons, a fruit crumble in a ramekin and two varieties of cake and a seasonal fruit torte.

1tea.jpg

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

I may be of help. The savory and sweet offerings at tea have remained unchanged for us on Carnival since 2011. Two types of finger sandwiches: cucumber and butter and salmon with cream cheese, caper and fennel. The sweets are scones with clotted cream, macaroons, a fruit crumble in a ramekin and two varieties of cake and a seasonal fruit torte.

1tea.jpg

Looks good. Can't wait to try it this Thanksgiving. I gotta start my diet now so that I can make some room, lol

On 9/6/2022 at 3:01 PM, cyntil8ing said:

We were on Pride last month and it was held at 3:00pm all three sea days. I assumed it was because we were sailing from England.

Usually, just my daughter and I go, but my teen son went with us one afternoon. We were seated at a shared table full of eight very friendly, very chatty ladies who had no filter, and I think he was a little traumatized by some of the topics. He was a good sport, but the very second my napkin touched the table, he was up and out of there! I doubt he will ever return to tea time. 😀

I raised two boys and I'm not sure I would have even asked them to go knowing the environment isn't something any boy would enjoy.  Too funny.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 5:23 PM, sanmarcosman said:

1tea.jpg

Thank you for the photo and the list of offerings.  
What else happens at Tea Time?  Is there quiet live music in the background?  Or just eating?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, davderdan1 said:

I raised two boys and I'm not sure I would have even asked them to go knowing the environment isn't something any boy would enjoy.  Too funny.

I'm just there for the food, lol. 

7 minutes ago, MississippiMom said:

Thank you for the photo and the list of offerings.  
What else happens at Tea Time?  Is there quiet live music in the background?  Or just eating?

I don't remember there being live music on CCL. There is on other lines

• Thanks 1