Improved Platinum dinners on Joy! (More choices)

fstuff1

I'm currently aboard the Joy.

Platinum dinners changed to the following:

Top voucher:

Good for Cagney, Le Bistro, and ocean blue 

Ocean blue is a new choice!

Bottom voucher:

Used to be La Cuchina and Food republic (because no Moderno on Joy).

Note: Food republic is limited to 4 dishes (no change)

Now the bottom voucher is good for all other specialty restaurants not listed in the above voucher.

That includes Tepanaki!

Note: The vouchers still say the same old thing.

I found out the changes by talking to CruiseNext

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

We're just off the Getaway.

It was opposite for us ... we asked at the Cruise next desk whether the vouchers could be used at any restaurant, and they told us that they could only be used at the restaurants printed on the vouchers.

We were later speaking with the Maitre D at La Cocina, and he told us the vouchers could be used at any of the specialties.

It pays to check a few places! 

• Like 1

Arrived 2 days ago from the Jade. Voucher good for the restaurants printed there. No $50 credit for the 2 activities not offered : tour of ship and dinner with officers. Wines of the World was offered but the Cruise Next person gave me the wrong date and I missed it. Instead of having a sign with the date like the latitude party. He told me to write it down on a paper. I asked him to confirm that I had written the correct date and he confirmed but it was the following day and he could have said tomorrow. No admission of a mistake and no compensation. I am not impressed in general with the Jade.

21 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

I'm currently aboard the Joy.

Platinum dinners changed to the following:

Top voucher:

Good for Cagney, Le Bistro, and ocean blue 

Ocean blue is a new choice!

Bottom voucher:

Used to be La Cuchina and Food republic (because no Moderno on Joy).

Note: Food republic is limited to 4 dishes (no change)

Now the bottom voucher is good for all other specialty restaurants not listed in the above voucher.

That includes Tepanaki!

Note: The vouchers still say the same old thing.

I found out the changes by talking to CruiseNext

It was the same offer when we were on the Escape last month.

One note about Food Republic though - the restaurant hostess there said that most dishes are large enough to share, and that it would be enough for us to use only 1 voucher there as each voucher includes 4 dishes, and then share the four different dishes. And then use the voucher for the second person on  a different day - again sharing.

We tried that, and the four dishes were enough for the two of us as dinner. So very happy with the hostess suggesting for us to do that....

Edited by TrumpyNor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TrumpyNor said:

One note about Food Republic though - the restaurant hostess there said that most dishes are large enough to share, and that it would be enough for us to use only 1 voucher there as each voucher includes 4 dishes, and then share the four different dishes. And then use the voucher for the second person on  a different day - again sharing.

We tried that, and the four dishes were enough for the two of us as dinner. So very happy with the hostess suggesting for us to do that....

This is exactly what we do. But, we split a SDP credit across two sea day lunches at Food Republic. We love the food there and it is a lot better than the buffet or MDR for a sea day lunch. 

• Like 1

Quick Question, hoping someone can answer. I purchased the 2 Specialty Dining Package. We have a 3rd person traveling with us and was thinking that he could use the Specialty Dining. Since they are in my name this is not possible for the 3rd person to use. I tried to transfer the package but that was not possible since the cost was a discounted rate for the original passengers. I was wondering if I could use the Specialty dining package for in room dining.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, C cruisers said:

I may have missed it but is the JOY offering dinner with officers for Platinum Plus members?  I was on the Getaway in March and it was offered but it was not offered on the July sailing of the Pearl.  

Wasn't in late September on Prima.