Mobile passport App no longer available to use

2wheelin

I have previously used the Mobile passport app for customs. Haven’t used it for a while and when I wanted to check whether I had updated my newer passport, I got the message it is no longer available for mobile customers. It directed me to download Airside digital identity. Has anyone used this app and how did it work? It has only a two star rating. It doesn’t appear to be specific for passport use.

You needed this for Immigration,  not Customs. 

There have been significant improvements to clearing Immigration since Covid, mostly around biometrics. You hardly need passports, certainly getting off a cruise ship. I am not sure you should even worry about the app. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

You needed this for Immigration,  not Customs. 

There have been significant improvements to clearing Immigration since Covid, mostly around biometrics. You hardly need passports, certainly getting off a cruise ship. I am not sure you should even worry about the app. 

Thanks. Just something that popped into my head that I hadn’t used for a while. Yes, I have not needed it lately for cruises as there have also not been lines. Doing a European trip soon and wondered.

You are also correct about it being for immigration. My late night fingers don’t always thing clearly before typing.

On 9/7/2022 at 9:02 AM, 1025cruise said:

Make sure you have the right app. The old one is no longer supported, but CBP has their own app now.

I used the new app ("Mobile Passport Control" in the Play Store) flying into Philadelphia last December. It was very useful but unfortunately like Mobile Passport, it's not accepted at many cruise ports (currently San Juan and three in Florida). It was great to use the old app in Port Everglades a few years back. Basically no passengers were aware of it.

On 9/13/2022 at 11:19 AM, Underwatr said:

I used the new app ("Mobile Passport Control" in the Play Store) flying into Philadelphia last December. It was very useful but unfortunately like Mobile Passport, it's not accepted at many cruise ports (currently San Juan and three in Florida). It was great to use the old app in Port Everglades a few years back. Basically no passengers were aware of it.

I used it once in Port Everglades.  I uploaded it due to the heavy in-terminal advertisement. On return, I was able to go to the separate Mobile Passport line but they were also sending others into the line since it was under used.  Signage was put up in Port of Miami for the Carnival used terminals but it was never staffed.