Free Cruise

Daytonasailor

4 minutes ago, Daytonasailor said:

Well, I guess I thought of it as a good deal for our first responders and veterans. I see other cruise lines mentioned on this forum. I thought even though it's a NCL forum, it would be of interest to some as it is a cruise ship and this is a cruising forum.

can you add "for all military and first responders" to the title?

• Like 1

Yeah…not sure how it relates to NCL cruises (or Carnival Cruises, or Royal Cruises, or……etc, etc, etc).

At first, I thought it mean you could get a free dinner in NCL’s Margaritaville restaurants.  Then, I remembered NCL nixed those restaurants.

• Like 1

On 9/8/2022 at 8:50 AM, Daytonasailor said:

I see where Margaritaville @ Sea is offering a free 3 day cruise to all military and first responders. I know it's not a first class ship, but hey, it's free. Port fees and taxes not included. Worth a look.

Is this an advertisement for another cruise line on the NCL board?

16 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Is this an advertisement for another cruise line on the NCL board?

Nope, I just thought it would be a help for veterans and first responders. Based upon the number of negative posts, I can see that this forum is not designed to help them. Don't concern yourselves with any additional posts from me. I've been on this forum for over 9 years with few posts. I can see now that this was a mistake. All the haters and snarky posters out there, continue with your smart a$$ remarks. I should have realized that by the title of this forum, "Critic",  you experts out there know it all. I will delete the cruise critic app now. Can't say I enjoyed it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Daytonasailor said:

I can see that this forum is not designed to help them.

There's another forum section related to general money saving topics for any/all cruise lines, and also one specifically for Military cruisers.  The post would be most appropriate there rather than advertising info about one cruise line in competitor cruise line's forum section.

Military cruisers forum section - https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/534-military-cruisers/

Saving money tips and tricks - https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/44-saving-money-on-your-cruise-tips-amp-advice/

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Daytonasailor said:

Nope, I just thought it would be a help for veterans and first responders. Based upon the number of negative posts, I can see that this forum is not designed to help them. Don't concern yourselves with any additional posts from me. I've been on this forum for over 9 years with few posts. I can see now that this was a mistake. All the haters and snarky posters out there, continue with your smart a$$ remarks. I should have realized that by the title of this forum, "Critic",  you experts out there know it all. I will delete the cruise critic app now. Can't say I enjoyed it.

I understand and appreciate your effort. Thx. 

• Like 3

daytonsailor' there is no need for the apparent bitterness in your last post. ok, you posted in the wrong spot. none of us claim to be experts, or know it alls. you have taken the word "critic" out of context .

this forum is to help people who cruise/ book, or wish to cruise with norwegian cruise lines. 

so even with your best intentions, it wouldnt  have reached your intended audience.

this forum is designed to help everyone looking for information on norwegian cruises, ships, excursions, food, drinks, etc. 

sorry guy, you made a mistake, dont  pout about  it. it's like "ok,  you wont  pick me 1st, i'm taking by ball and going home" your post shows a very poor, childish attitude.

by the way, i'm a 74 year old vietnam veteran. infantry.  spent 9 months on line.

can you say the same? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I will apologize upfront. I try not to post very much as I finally figured out I learn more from what other people post than when I am posting. I have no trouble with what the OP originally posted. I would never try to find the cruise he mentioned but doesn't hurt to know some companies are doing those type things. I frankly wouldn't be surprised if others cruise lines offer something similar eventually. I have three cruises booked on the Joy in April and I thought I might look at changing those up and drop two 7 night cruise keep the 12 night and add the three night cruise end of April and add another 12 night right after. Not sure what is going on but the 3 night at least for now has disappeared from the NCL and my TA's websites. I haven't cruised as much as many here. Only 23 on NCL and the other 47 I am sure don't count here  By the way I am 75 and a veteran and I don't run away and pout. So say what you want to me I can handle it.

Don’t be mad.  OP, your post just has nothing to do with NCL, and this is an NCL thread.  It’s not a free NCL cruise. No

one is diminishing fans of the Magaritaville ship.  It just has no bearing on those of us talking about NCL.

Those looking at a Margaritaville sailing would be your audience, not NCL.  And, there are areas in CC that you can post to where it is relevant.  

And yes, I’m an Army vet, too.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1