Will I have any problems once I board?

klfhngr

Wife doesn't drink, we wanted one DBP and nothing else. They said we have to purchase 1 DPB and 1 RP. I knew that was coming but gracefully declined. I then saw the coffee card. I spoke to a rep (offshore team) and asked if I could do 1 DBP and 1 coffee card. She said yes! When I see my purchases, it shows that I purchased 1 coffee card, but doesn't show on the first page that I purchased the DBP. When I go to 'order' a DPB, it does show that I purchased it. Will they try to upcharge us once onboard and make my wife get the RP? Or is it a DONE DEAL, what we currently have?

4 minutes ago, klfhngr said:

Wife doesn't drink, we wanted one DBP and nothing else. They said we have to purchase 1 DPB and 1 RP. I knew that was coming but gracefully declined. I then saw the coffee card. I spoke to a rep (offshore team) and asked if I could do 1 DBP and 1 coffee card. She said yes! When I see my purchases, it shows that I purchased 1 coffee card, but doesn't show on the first page that I purchased the DBP. When I go to 'order' a DPB, it does show that I purchased it. Will they try to upcharge us once onboard and make my wife get the RP? Or is it a DONE DEAL, what we currently have?

If you purchased the DBP it will show on your boarding pass.  There will be a DX on the boarding pass

• Like 1

1 hour ago, klfhngr said:

When I see my purchases, it shows that I purchased 1 coffee card, but doesn't show on the first page that I purchased the DBP. 

You should have gotten an email confirming your purchases.  If you don't have something you can printout to show you bought/paid for it I would follow up and get something.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

You should have gotten an email confirming your purchases.  If you don't have something you can printout to show you bought/paid for it I would follow up and get something.  

Plus, mine shows up in my "order history" under my RSVP.  

1 hour ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

I did, thanks!

Deluxe Beverage Package
Guests xxx
Quantity 1

$566.93
Cafe Select Coffee Card
Guests xxx
Quantity 1

$31.00
Edited by klfhngr
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, klfhngr said:

I did, thanks!

Deluxe Beverage Package
Guests xxx
Quantity 1

$566.93
Cafe Select Coffee Card
Guests xxx
Quantity 1

$31.00

Looks like you're good then.  I always take my emails with me in the suitcase just in case, but I have never had an issue if I got that email.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, karena1 said:

If you purchased the DBP it will show on your boarding pass.  There will be a DX on the boarding pass

Thank you for this. We sale in about 30 days. I bought the dbp over a year ago and nothing under my profile is showing i have it and was even showing i could buy it again in my cruise planner. Was worried i waa going to have to spend time at guest services sorting it out.  Just checked my set sail pass and DX is there so im relieved. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HicksRA said:

Never heard of such a thing (coffee card instead of RP), but if it shows you successfully purchased both, there should be no further issues once on board. 

I've actually heard rumors of that, but this is the first time some has actually posted that they did it.  Like all things RCCL, it probably depends on which CSR you get and the phase of the moon as to whether anyone ever gets it again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, rudeney said:

Yes, you will have problems once you board.  No cruise is perfect.  But your DBP won't be one of them.  So when those problems arise, just order another drink and enjoy your cruise.

Amen!  It's all about expecting something won't go as planned (never perfect) and not allowing it to overwhelm your vacation.