Visiting Greece on Regal. (testing)

antsp

We are boarding Celebrity Reflection at noon on 16 September.  The Celebrity rules are pretty clear for cruises visiting Greece... a RAT done within 48 hours of boarding (different for PCR).  So, we will do those at FCO upon arrival on 15 Sept or at our hotel in Civi later in the afternoon.  Previously, the rule was two days and I had an appointment to get these done in Ottawa before leaving... I could have kept the appointment and technically complied with the 48 hour business but that may have involved a lengthy and, perhaps fruitless, discussion involving time zones.  With Princess, it is still two days for fully vaccinated.  So, if your cruise leaves on a Saturday you can test anytime beginning Thursday.

Edited by d9704011

Hi, on the Regal right now. Boarded in Italy, but visiting Greece. Medically supervised test is required and you have to show certificate. If you can't get on done in advance, they do them at the port for you.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, Leo37 said:

Hi, on the Regal right now. Boarded in Italy, but visiting Greece. Medically supervised test is required and you have to show certificate. If you can't get on done in advance, they do them at the port for you.

Any idea of the cost, at the port

I have a client on the Regal right now. I called Princess 3 different times and got 3 different answers. I texted him the info shown on the Princess website so he was going to try and find a place to get the test done. I told him if all else fails to get to the port early so they can test him there. 

What is very bizarre is he is doing a private land based tour in Greece following this cruise. Through that company they said there was no testing needed for anyone who was arriving from anywhere in the EU. I clarified with them he was leaving Rome on a cruise ship to Athens and when they got back with me they said he would be fine and wouldn't need a test according to their sources in Greece. So let's call that different answer #4.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Leo37 said:

This Greece rule is so ridiculous!  We board in Rome and do not stop in Greece until day five of the cruise, how is the test two days before boarding even relevant to when we arrive in Greece?  😬

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

This Greece rule is so ridiculous!  We board in Rome and do not stop in Greece until day five of the cruise, how is the test two days before boarding even relevant to when we arrive in Greece?  😬

Even worse that that...you can fly into Greece without testing, but you have to test to board a ship in Greece that is doing a 7 day, one-way trip OUT of Greece and not returning.  So the people who flew IN to Greece and toured the country for a week can do so without a test.  But as soon as they want to leave Greece by cruise ship, never to return, they have to test.  Try explaining that!!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Leo37 said:

When did you board and are you saying they did not require you to have an in-person test with a paper letter report?  You could do a remote proctored test, such as online medically-supervised?  (The latter is not what Princess has published).

22 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

Even worse that that...you can fly into Greece without testing, but you have to test to board a ship in Greece that is doing a 7 day, one-way trip OUT of Greece and not returning.  So the people who flew IN to Greece and toured the country for a week can do so without a test.  But as soon as they want to leave Greece by cruise ship, never to return, they have to test.  Try explaining that!!

They must be talking to Canada to setup their rules.  🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

When did you board and are you saying they did not require you to have an in-person test with a paper letter report?  You could do a remote proctored test, such as online medically-supervised?  (The latter is not what Princess has published).

The reference to "Medically supervised test is required and you have to show certificate" to me reads as in-person with a piece of paper being issued.  Same as what Princess states on the website.

• Like 2

Just now, JimmyVWine said:

The reference to "Medically supervised test is required and you have to show certificate" to me reads as in-person with a piece of paper being issued.  Same as what Princess states on the website.

There are medically supervised tests conducted on-line and I am sure you know that.  They are widely accepted and other lines do have the provision for them.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Ours was an in person test done by a nurse in the UK before we flew out to join the ship. So not certain of answer to that question.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

There are medically supervised tests conducted on-line and I am sure you know that.  They are widely accepted and other lines do have the provision for them.

The on-line ones aren't necessarily "medically supervised."  Most of the ones that I have done are simply supervised by a person who is verifying your identity and that you followed the instructions on the box.  There is no "medically" in the equation whatsoever.  If you go to a health clinic or pharmacy, you are being administered to by an entirely different level of person.  At least, that has been my experience.  So when I see "medically supervised", I take that to mean something other than an "observer" in Sri Lanka.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

The on-line ones aren't necessarily "medically supervised."  Most of the ones that I have done are simply supervised by a person who is verifying your identity and that you followed the instructions on the box.  There is no "medically" in the equation whatsoever.  If you go to a health clinic or pharmacy, you are being administered to by an entirely different level of person.  At least, that has been my experience.  So when I see "medically supervised", I take that to mean something other than an "observer" in Sri Lanka.

Hmm, I suppose and do not refute that there will be online tests as you say.  Not that I have done many, but the 2 or 3 I have had to do did have a nurse or nurse-practitioner on the other end of the video connection.  Actually, it has been widely published since Covid-19 began that a non-medical person can be trained to properly administer a Covid-19 Rapid Antigen test - even the general public.  

12 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Actually, it has been widely published since Covid-19 began that a non-medical person can be trained to properly administer a Covid-19 Rapid Antigen test -

And that is the point.  A non-medical person who is trained to administer an on-line Rapid Test  is still a non-medical person. That would not satisfy the term "medically supervised."

47 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

And that is the point.  A non-medical person who is trained to administer an on-line Rapid Test  is still a non-medical person. That would not satisfy the term "medically supervised."

Right, but there are online tests that do involve medical personnel.

On 9/12/2022 at 2:51 PM, Steelers36 said:

Right, but there are online tests that do involve medical personnel.

Still confused about this “medically supervised” test. I’ve done online tests but the certificates didn’t mention “online” at all. It said a “doctor xxx” is the “official test partner” and a “customer service #xxx” as the “person responsible for the test”.

Does an “in-person” test certificate clearly state so?

25 minutes ago, Honda.Daddy said:

Still confused about this “medically supervised” test. I’ve done online tests but the certificates didn’t mention “online” at all. It said a “doctor xxx” is the “official test partner” and a “customer service #xxx” as the “person responsible for the test”.

Does an “in-person” test certificate clearly state so?

I hope so.