Zuiderdam - upgrade to Neptune - what to expect or wishful thinking?

SFCanuck

Check with your concierge if they do a welcome in the Neptune lounge as they’ll go over all your perks.  It’s usually in the evening (was in the past) and includes free glasses of wine etc.  It’s a good presentation for anyone new to the Neptune Suites.  

Definitely do breakfast in the Pinnacle (included) but check the hours.  Also double check as mimosas used to be included at breakfast there (they were last time we were in a Neptune for 2 weeks before the pandemic hit).  The reason I say double check is because one server wanted my card & I asked why-she thought I’d have to pay.  She checked and it’s included.   

I hope you love your aft suite!  As much as I love afts, the only one we did my husband got sick so can’t book those anymore.  Mid ship for us, darn.  

Have a wonderful cruise!

• Like 3

Just now, DaveOKC said:

Good point about afts having more motion.  Of course, this depends on the weather and where your cruise is sailing to, as some areas experience more motion than others.  Do your homework first if you tend to get motion sickness.

So true.  I didn’t do my homework enough (hadn’t found this site yet) and did a Pacific Coastal in an aft.  Big whoops…was very rough 🤦‍♀️  Mr Bear said never again-I’m just lucky he will still cruise after that adventure!  I had a blast-him, not so much.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SFCanuck said:

Thank you for this. *printing this out to use as a checklist*. 
... In all honesty, if all I end up receiving is a glass of champagne and have an outfit "pressed", I'll be a happy camper, no pun intended.

With all the talk of Neptune Lounge and meeting the concierge(s), I thought I would point out that the NL is forward of the midships' elevators, on deck 7 (Rotterdam Deck). The room is inside, with doors to the lounge area across from 7060 (port) and 7065 (starboard) and the concierge desk doors across from 7058 and 7063 respectively. (Not to confuse, it is one room; the concierge is at the far forward of the lounge.)

• Like 2

I just checked online and Wycliff "Champagne" can be purchased here in California at Total Wine for $4.49 plus tax! 

I probably wouldn't even use it in a mimosa, but someone must be buying it!

I actually prefer my mimosas without orange juice!!  OJ on the side please.

😁

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, SFCanuck said:

The first one is the actual cabin I've been assigned, and the other two are opposite side, different decks 

Well, you're a little far from the Neptune Lounge, but nice and close to the Main Dining Room, some part of which is designated as the Orange Club area. Be sure to inform the Maitre'D that you are entitled to sit there (you should at least give it a try!). 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, oakridger said:

I just checked online and Wycliff "Champagne" can be purchased here in California at Total Wine for $4.49 plus tax! 

I probably wouldn't even use it in a mimosa, but someone must be buying it!

I actually prefer my mimosas without orange juice!!  OJ on the side please.

😁

~Nancy

One step up from 2 buck chuck 😛.  Sweeeeet!

• Haha 1

Have you considered buying a Lotto ticket? I'd say now your luck is pretty darn good :classic_biggrin: Gratz on just about the best free upgrade I have ever seen!! Enjoy your corner suite. We had one of those beauties for our 10th wedding anniversary cruise to Alaska, also on Zuiderdam many moons ago. Sheer perfection as the aft views on the Inside Passage are beyond compare. 

Edited by fatcat04
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I want to first thank everyone that posted very insightful pointers on what to expect. It really is all that, and more. I think the millennials call it, "off-the-chain". It certainly wasn't a dream! 🙂

This is the wrap around verandah.

I attended the Neptune lounge for the reception, sent a few things to be pressed for the upcoming gala evening, and enjoyed the Orange Club selection at dinner.

Plan on having breakfast at the Pinnacle tomorrow morning 😋

20220914_145819.jpg

20220914_145824.jpg

20220914_195904.jpg

20220914_203111.jpg

• Like 7

We just returned from a HAL cruise and noticed that there was very little activity in the Neptune Lounge.  We didn't have access (didn't stay in a Neptune suite this time) so we couldn't see everything but it looked like they no longer have food and/or nicer coffees/juices available.  Is that correct?  I never even saw a concierge in the lounge.  We used to really enjoy the use of the Neptune Lounge - has it changed that much after Covid?  We're cruising next year in a Neptune and are rethinking the benefits vs the expense.

As of July, on the Nieuw Amsterdam, the neptune lounge had food, fresh fruit, expresso, etc, at various times of the day.  Always a concierge at the desk.    And Club Orange has a podium outside the main dining room, so check in there for the "special" section and slightly different menu.