Best contact for Celebrity

Bizziecruzer

Hi all. Back story. We are sailing Honolulu to Sydney 3 October 2022. We have just been advised that we need to have a negative proctored covid test 2 days prior to cruise. Originally advised negative test non proctored. 

All other cruises only require nonproctoted negative covid test or no test at all.

We have been advised the Hawaiian proctored testing and also some brands of video proctoring will be closing end of September. We need to alert someone on Celebrity that it may not be possible for people to test. Get them to arrange something for cruisers. 

Can someone please provide a way to contact Celebrity and alert them to the issue? Thanks in advance.

First, as to the need for testing, read here.  Your cruise is not unique in this regard.  Yours and several others are included:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/healthy-at-sea/transatlantic-travel-requirements

Further, at a minimum, the outfit Celebrity points to for proctored test kits has said nothing about shutting down shop.  That will be an ongoing option for you.

Edited by canderson
  • Thanks 1

OP, none of what you were told is true. No idea who on your Roll Call is posting that. eMed is alive and well. There is No info on it shutting down. And as stated, there are many itineraries and other Cruise Line itineraries requiring proctored testing. 

Here is the Celebrity tab that shows you want is required for TA's and TP's, and your specific cruise is listed:

Transatlantic Travel Requirements (celebritycruises.com)

Keep an eye on This tab and ignore the "I just read on the internet that Sydney has collapsed into the Sea and our cruise is now going to Midway Island!!"

Den

Edited by Denny01
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bizziecruzer said:

Hi all. Back story. We are sailing Honolulu to Sydney 3 October 2022. We have just been advised that we need to have a negative proctored covid test 2 days prior to cruise. Originally advised negative test non proctored. 

All other cruises only require nonproctoted negative covid test or no test at all.

We have been advised the Hawaiian proctored testing and also some brands of video proctoring will be closing end of September. We need to alert someone on Celebrity that it may not be possible for people to test. Get them to arrange something for cruisers. 

Can someone please provide a way to contact Celebrity and alert them to the issue? Thanks in advance.

Buy an eMed test which isn't going out of business.

Even if everything you said was true, which it isn't, X would NOT arrange testing for cruisers.  You're not the first nor will you be the last to ask this but X has made it clear they don't want to perform testing on board for all passengers.  X elected to drop Bermuda from TAs since they are requiring mid sailing testing vs X arranging on board testing.

• Like 1

I really feel for the OP and the other Australian cruisers who are on this itinerary. The requirements have changed, and fairly recently, going from three days to two, from not proctored to proctored, and that has to be upsetting and even alarming because the instructions on the Australian Celebrity website do not match the instructions on the US Celebrity website,  

I don’t know if the Optum test kits will even be mailed to Australian cruisers, and there isn’t a lot of time for this.  

I agree that Celebrity will not do the testing. They have made that very clear for many itineraries now, with the possible exception being the back to back cruisers.

If you are staying in a hotel in Hawaii before the cruise, I would reach out to them for help and advice on locations that will be available to you for your pre-cruise test.

2 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

I don’t know if the Optum test kits will even be mailed to Australian cruisers, and there isn’t a lot of time for this.

2 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

If you are staying in a hotel in Hawaii before the cruise, I would reach out to them for help and advice on locations that will be available to you for your pre-cruise test.

If the goal is to obtain an eMed test, have them shipped to the Hawaii hotel.  However, can't you use any non-proctored tests and pay OnPoint to proctor it?  Not ideal but this solution seems fairly easy, buy a test locally, bring it with you and pay for proctoring.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1