The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday September 14th, 2022

richwmn

1 hour ago, dfish said:

I think so.  We probably have to let everyone know who submitted an offer that there are multiple offers and they may want to rethink their offer.  

I have heard of people offering $1,000 over the highest offer with a maximum bid of $X.  That way it doesn't go way above their budget but ensures they've got a good chance of being the highest offer.  This is in cases where the seller has many offers coming in and they are all being presented at the same time like yours are.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TiogaCruiser said:

Is that allowed?

2 hours ago, dfish said:

I think so.  We probably have to let everyone know who submitted an offer that there are multiple offers and they may want to rethink their offer.  

46 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I have heard of people offering $1,000 over the highest offer with a maximum bid of $X.  That way it doesn't go way above their budget but ensures they've got a good chance of being the highest offer.  This is in cases where the seller has many offers coming in and they are all being presented at the same time like yours are.

I’ve often wondered how that worked. 

Thankfully, we have not been in such a situation. My folks agent was trying to start a bidding war some 10 years ago, by telling everyone they would accept and review all offers on a given date.

My understanding here now is that some agents “save” listings in their pocket (don’t publish) so they can do a private showing. Many houses sell without even “entering” the market here. Lots of purchases for rental (including short term rental).

Edited by TiogaCruiser
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2022 at 3:15 PM, Love the beach said:

Hello everyone...I know I don't post much but do try to read the Daily as much as possible. Thank you to all who participate and know that I am cheering &  commiserating with you.

looking forward to hearing about @Oceansaway17 trip as I will be doing the same on Sept 29th! Have a great cruise!

Marge

oh well it was nice for Boston and for Bar Harbor.  Miserable for St Johns and pretty good for Sydney.

We had to sail full speed ahead leaving Sydney on Thursday since hurricane was coming up.  WE had rough waves for about 7 hours on Friday.  The Voyager was in port with us and that ship was heading to Bar Harbor.  I have heard that they were cancelled.

So ADV OTS was a nice ship but is in need of an upgrade.  Food was fairly good but variety for breakfast could have been better.  shows were nice and staff was nice as well.

Looks like your trip will be to Bermuda.  have a nice time

• Like 3

On 9/14/2022 at 3:59 PM, rafinmd said:

Bon Voyage.  I like that itinerary.

Roy

I just got back and it was a wild ride on the last sea day trying to outride hurricane.

Had great weather for Boston and Bar Harbor and Sydney.   Portland has changed a lot in 10 yrs and I only did the train along the harbor that went a mile and came back.

Was nice to not have to fly home but rather drive home.  I go on Oasis on October 9 and looks like I will dodge the next hurricane coming along in a couple of days.

toodles.

• Like 3

On 9/14/2022 at 4:15 PM, grapau27 said:

Thank you we had an amazing cruise.

We celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary in 2011 and first diamond cruise on Adventure out of Malaga Spain.

New England and Nova Scotia sounds great I hope you have an awesome cruise.

Graham.

I did as you can see by the last two posts but it was very rocky on the way back to NJ/NY.

My neighbors in cabin next to me were from Scotland.

So pretty soon you will have to send Anthem back to NJ.  

OH and I see the Aurora P&O ship that is doing a r/t two weeks from UK is having extremely rough weather in North Atlantic.  Our shipgot  away from it as much as possible.

I one day hope to get to Malaga Spain.  BTW I was up at 5am on the 19th to watch the funeral and the ship was showing it at pool, in theatre as we waited for shore excursion to Bar Harbor.

I would say the late Queen got a great goodbye and so now the Prime Minister and new King have a lot of issues ahead of them and best of luck to UK.

toodles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I did as you can see by the last two posts but it was very rocky on the way back to NJ/NY.

My neighbors in cabin next to me were from Scotland.

So pretty soon you will have to send Anthem back to NJ.  

OH and I see the Aurora P&O ship that is doing a r/t two weeks from UK is having extremely rough weather in North Atlantic.  Our shipgot  away from it as much as possible.

I one day hope to get to Malaga Spain.  BTW I was up at 5am on the 19th to watch the funeral and the ship was showing it at pool, in theatre as we waited for shore excursion to Bar Harbor.

I would say the late Queen got a great goodbye and so now the Prime Minister and new King have a lot of issues ahead of them and best of luck to UK.

toodles.

Thank you.

Our Queen was loved by most of us.

Malaga is a lovely city on the Costa del sol in Spain.

We have stayed in the 5* Hotel Vincci Aleysa  in Benalmadena many times and would highly recommend if you are looking for somewhere to stay and tour around.

It is about 12 miles from Malaga but close to Torremolinos,Mijas, Marbella and Gibraltar.

8 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I just got back and it was a wild ride on the last sea day trying to outride hurricane.

Had great weather for Boston and Bar Harbor and Sydney.   Portland has changed a lot in 10 yrs and I only did the train along the harbor that went a mile and came back.

Was nice to not have to fly home but rather drive home.  I go on Oasis on October 9 and looks like I will dodge the next hurricane coming along in a couple of days.

toodles.

Pleased to hear you had a lovely cruise.

I hope you have a fantastic time on Oasis on October 8th.

We sail on her next year.