foot stool?

motherchic

first time to be sailing on the apex, concierge level, balcony. Can anyone tell me since the balcony is different, do they still offer foot stools? The regular cabins on M do not only the concierge (and of course suites)

If someone knows for certain, I would appreciate knowing.....and I will be ordering a blow up foot stool

thanx

There is not a balcony as you would have on other ships.  It is a rather small extension of the cabin, which can be closed off from the cabin with bifold doors.  That said, we truly enjoyed the IV on the Apex TA last year, enough that we booked the same on Beyond next month.  

As for your question, no there are no footstools, and I don’t believe there would be room for them.  Below is a photo from ours.  We never closed the doors nor did we lower the shade over the window as we enjoy seeing the night sky when we wake during the night.

12B6BC55-AD9F-4B0E-AA94-66E0817E0287.jpeg

Edited by bama4cruisin
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, motherchic said:

first time to be sailing on the apex, concierge level, balcony. Can anyone tell me since the balcony is different, do they still offer foot stools? The regular cabins on M do not only the concierge (and of course suites)

If someone knows for certain, I would appreciate knowing.....and I will be ordering a blow up foot stool

thanx

You don’t have a balcony, just a window and there won’t be a footstool

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alakegirl said:

If you want to see something sad look at how one passenger has had to rig up a curtain made out of plastic to try to create a dark sleeping area

AFF16E02-1A70-4A43-AD65-CD47DECE96B4.png

It looks like this may turn into a thread that shows the saddest thing you have seen on an E-class ship.  It may be a long list.

4 minutes ago, Ipeeinthepools said:

It looks like this may turn into a thread that shows the saddest thing you have seen on an E-class ship.  It may be a long list.

The saddest things I have seen on every one of my cruises are the disembarkation instructions.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

In our IV cabin on  EDGE, we turned the chairs and table inward..made an extended seatIng area as the cabin itself  is small. We never closed the bi fold doors ..too confining.  The  huge amount of Hoppen pillows will yield many options for footstools!   It was not terrible. .Area was a cute " wintergarden" but  a one and done for us.

We only opened the window to take pics and look out for a few minutes while standing.  One plus was  that it was quieter than being next to a real balc cabin.

One neg was bathing suits have to drip in the shower stall...cabin has a real floor in the IV area,

Much preferred the Sunset Veranda...larger cabin and a huge outside balcony!.

46 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

If you want to see something sad look at how one passenger has had to rig up a curtain made out of plastic to try to create a dark sleeping area

AFF16E02-1A70-4A43-AD65-CD47DECE96B4.png

That was our cabin and the curtain was not plastic. It is a blackout curtain.    We used it initially on the Edge and have used it since on S Class ships as well. When we are in cabins without a separate bedroom it serves to darken the sleeping area while allowing the other person to have light.  We are opposites. a very late night owl and early riser so  2-4 hours a day 1 of us is sleeping while the other is up. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jelayne said:

That was our cabin and the curtain was not plastic. It is a blackout curtain.    We used it initially on the Edge and have used it since on S Class ships as well. When we are in cabins without a separate bedroom it serves to darken the sleeping area while allowing the other person to have light.  We are opposites. a very late night owl and early riser so  2-4 hours a day 1 of us is sleeping while the other is up. 

I'd seen that pic before...course didn't know it was you.

Quite ingenious...I take it those are magnetic hooks on the wall(s)? If not, what are they?

11 hours ago, dlh015 said:

I'd seen that pic before...course didn't know it was you.

Quite ingenious...I take it those are magnetic hooks on the wall(s)? If not, what are they?

Magnetic hooks on the ceiling.  It folds back nicely during the day so we don’t have to take it down.