Official Change to Platinum Dinner choices

LaCal

On 9/24/2022 at 10:41 PM, gatorchinsky said:

I really would like to know how the voucher would work at Teppanyaki. Does anyone ever order more than 1 entree?

Teppanyaki seems very clear to me. Similar to how the platinum voucher currently works in Moderno (or how the dining package does in both), it will just cover your meal which has a fixed charge otherwise.

The reference to 4 courses in Teppanyaki on the website is clearly just there to meet NCL's required quota of confusing detail on the website.

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, kattybiz said:

We were just on the Joy 3 weeks ago and @KeithJennerhas it right - used the coupon in Teppanyaki and it covered the full amount for 2 people.

4 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

The reference to 4 courses in Teppanyaki on the website is clearly just there to meet NCL's required quota of confusing detail on the website.

Well, we all greatly appreciate Mr. Jenner's knowledge around here, but even the guy that joined yesterday knows that NCLs website confusion is a given.  🤣

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Gypsygirl100% said:

Does anyone know if I can make reservations ahead of time so we get the dates and times we want for the meals covered by the coupons, then present the coupons at the venues?

yes, you can. reserve online or call within the specified time frame for your tier level or cabin. or reserve once you get on board.

the reservation is independent of the payment method.

you give them the coupon when you arrive at the venue.

26 minutes ago, mpk218 said:

Teppanyaki in advance using vouchers online

You have to also have a dining package. You have to book any fixed price places first (Moderno, Teppanyaki etc) and then book the ala carte dinners. That way the booking system thinks you are using your dining plan but when you go to the dinner you just use your coupon. Then you can book as many a la carte as you want.

Edited by peg013
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, mpk218 said:

Side Bar ;  Since I have all the Dinner experts in one place . Does anyone know how to book Teppanyaki in advance using vouchers online . When I try online to book its the only venue that wants $$$ upfront ..

Thanks 

You can only book Teppanyaki in advance without paying if you have a dining package and haven’t yet booked meals. For example, if you have a two meal plan then the first two you book with not be charged. After that you have to pay.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, peg013 said:

You have to also have a dining package. You have to book any fixed price places first (Moderno, Teppanyaki etc) and then book the ala carte dinners. That way the booking system thinks you are using your dining plan but when you go to the dinner you just use your coupon. Then you can book as many a la carte as you want.

Thank you    ,,,

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

You can only book Teppanyaki in advance without paying if you have a dining package and haven’t yet booked meals. For example, if you have a two meal plan then the first two you book with not be charged. After that you have to pay.

Thank you

on my TA trip apr/may (very empty- many crew in isolation)they kept changing the latitude rules. drove the restaurant wait staff crazy. But the good thing was I did not have to go to La Cacina - the Italian restaurant (I did not like it).

I am still hoping that us upper class!!! still get 2 dinners for 2, so us solos will get our 4 dinners. + our free at sea.

On 9/17/2022 at 9:38 PM, realtorgranny said:

I recently call NCL and inquired about this. Regardless of how many Platinum and above are in a stateroom only 2 vouchers will be given. I disagree with this because each Platinum guest earned the status individually yet they are not given vouchers individually. This practice encourages ppl to put a Platinum in each room amongst friends/ family and change key cards after boarding. 

completely agree. For instance, both of us are Diamond but unfortunately we still get two vouchers. So if friends decided to travel together and they each earned their status only two vouchers are given because you are sharing a stateroom it doesn't matter if you have different eating hours. I find this ridiculous.

On 9/29/2022 at 11:48 AM, Gypsygirl100% said:

Does anyone know if I can make reservations ahead of time so we get the dates and times we want for the meals covered by the coupons, then present the coupons at the venues?

Prime time dinner reservations for popular restaurants sell out quickly online and then on ship. If you are in a standard room, you should make reservations exactly 120 days prior to departure. Pre-pandemic, we have seen popular restaurants like Cagney's sell out for the entire cruise by 1 pm on embarkation day. 

On 9/17/2022 at 9:02 PM, YVRteacher said:

Thanks for posting!  While I love the freedom of choice, I’m so disappointed about the rule for solo travellers.  

Not really understanding, I am solo,Platinum , always before had a voucher before for one dinner to  Le Bistro for two with a bottle of wine, plus another voucher for La Cochina, or another choice for two , and could invite someone to be there. So please, break down the new changes for me. So confused 

4 hours ago, living at the beach said:

Not really understanding, I am solo, Platinum, always before had a voucher before for one dinner to Le Bistro for two with a bottle of wine, plus another voucher for La Cucina, or another choice for two, and could invite someone to be there. So please, break down the new changes for me. So confused.

NCL has changed the rules for use of vouchers.  For cost cutting measures, NCL has decided to make some limitations.  You, as a Solo traveler, have access to 2 Latitudes specialty dining meals during a cruise of 5 days or longer.  Anyone with whom you choose to dine, is on their own for "how" their meal will be paid!  The one area of restriction that NCL has removed is "where" the vouchers may be used!

On 9/17/2022 at 9:38 PM, realtorgranny said:

I recently call NCL and inquired about this. Regardless of how many Platinum and above are in a stateroom only 2 vouchers will be given. I disagree with this because each Platinum guest earned the status individually yet they are not given vouchers individually. This practice encourages ppl to put a Platinum in each room amongst friends/ family and change key cards after boarding. 

This is exactly what we did - we had to put a platinum in each room.  

On 10/5/2022 at 6:39 AM, EllieinNJ said:

So does this mean you can use one platinum voucher in Cagney's and the other platinum voucher in Le Bistro?

On 10/5/2022 at 7:31 AM, KeithJenner said:

Yes

So when I tried to make a reservation for both Cagney's and Le Bistro  for my upcoming cruise in February the website would not take it and kept repeating "error"  please try again.  When I changed one to La Cuchina it booked without any problems. 

6 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

So when I tried to make a reservation for both Cagney's and Le Bistro  for my upcoming cruise in February the website would not take it and kept repeating "error"  please try again.  When I changed one to La Cuchina it booked without any problems. 

Were you trying to make multiple reservations for both Cagney's & LeBistro? The system would not let me book either twice (Dining package & Diamond dinners) so I had to call to make the "second" reservation at the restaurants I wanted. The system doesn't know whether you are booking dining package dinners or Latitude dinners so the change in the Latitude dinners did not stop you from booking both...the new single reservation per specialty did. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ggTexasGal said:

NCL has changed the rules for use of vouchers.  For cost cutting measures, NCL has decided to make some limitations.  You, as a Solo traveler, have access to 2 Latitudes specialty dining meals during a cruise of 5 days or longer.  Anyone with whom you choose to dine, is on their own for "how" their meal will be paid!  The one area of restriction that NCL has removed is "where" the vouchers may be used!

If you look at the voucher photo in post #68 from a solo traveler, it still shows that it is good for Dinner for 2, not 1.  I cruised solo on the Prima (just got off 5 days ago) as did a friend of mine.  He treated me to Cagney's and Onda, I treated him to Le Bistro and Hasuki.  No one questioned the voucher, whether we were solo travelers and there were no limitations (other than the typical one app, one entree, on dessert). So if the rules have changed, it has not filtered down to the ships yet.

2 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

If you look at the voucher photo in post #68 from a solo traveler, it still shows that it is good for Dinner for 2, not 1.  I cruised solo on the Prima (just got off 5 days ago) as did a friend of mine.  He treated me to Cagney's and Onda, I treated him to Le Bistro and Hasuki.  No one questioned the voucher, whether we were solo travelers and there were no limitations (other than the typical one app, one entree, on dessert). So if the rules have changed, it has not filtered down to the ships yet.

That's good news for solos, if the ships haven't started enforcing some things.