Confirmed payment but booking # doesn't work!

2travelers2go

Recently booked an upcoming cruise in November via MSCs web site. Shortly afterwards, I received a very abbreviated MSC e-mail confirmation merely saying that entire amount was "paid in full" but there was nothing else on the standard e-mail confirmation other than our name, booking number, and amount paid in full.  There were no details about the actual cruise date, stateroom we selected, etc. 

I then got another e-mail to set up my MSC Account Registration but when I put in the booking number it won't accept it.  Called customer service and it was less than confidence-inducing as I was instructed to just send an email to MSC Existing Reservations.  I got an automated email response and nothing more.

What's next? At this stage, I have nothing in email confirming the date, itinerary and stateroom I've booked. Is that normal for MSC?  Plus, without it accepting my booking number and allowing me to open an account, I can't look to see what drink packages or other offers are available.   

If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears...

We booked a cruise on Thursday.

It Did not show on our list of cruises, when I checked the next day.

it finally appeared yesterday.
Wanted to check and make sure our $50pp OBC was on the Cruise Details.

Cabin was also correct.  ( for now🙄)

Just be patient…

Also, do you have a login account for MSC? I use that when checking cruises. 

Edited by phissy

I had the same thing happen last week when I booked a cruise for next May. I got the payment confirmation, but not the usual confirmation email with all of the details. I called the customer service number, provided my information and he resent the email and then it showed up in the system. As usual, it appears they are having issues with their systems.

13 hours ago, deliver42 said:

Whatever you do, don't ever call. I guaranty your booking will be screwed up, and it will take an act of God to correct it.

Not always true.  I called a couple of times to change my cabin number and didnt have a problem..

34 minutes ago, awhcruiser said:

Not always true.  I called a couple of times to change my cabin number and didnt have a problem..

When I called MSC Customer Service, the rep was very pleasant and I had the impression they wanted to help. What was less than confidence-inducing is they did not know the difference between website addresses and e-mail addresses. 

While on the phone, they had me send an e-mail to "www.mscreservations@..." at least six times and (of course) it kept being rejected. 

I kept asking rep if that was a correct e-mail because "www" is usually the prefix for a website, not an e-mail address. On the seventh try, rep finally realized that "www" does NOT go in front of e-mail address.  

I sent the e-mail for msc existing reservations, got an automated response but have heard nothing back. This was last week. Not sure how long it should take just to get a confirmation of a booking?

6 hours ago, awhcruiser said:

Did you ever have to actually ask for your cabin be changed, or was the phone call enough? 😇😅

This might help.  Might not, either. If it doesn’t, I would call and request the booking invoice to be emailed to you.  Do not hang up until you have it in your inbox - and that is what you requested. I have had decent phone interactions. They are not all bad Customer Service agents. If the wait is too long or you don’t get the answer you need, try again.  

Have you tried logging into the website with your name and password (I’m not sure if you have that already)

Click on this icon:

5DBA2EEB-C836-4005-9806-7BB67D575362.thumb.jpeg.20f48ef0455aba3daf2c9b8e92d336eb.jpeg

Next page, use “WITH YOUR MSC ACCOUNT.”  

If you didn’t set up a password, this should be your chance to do so. Select “Sign Up Now.”

I’m pretty sure you have included an email address when booking.

4BE7BE5A-74FB-44F4-9A86-1157C5A8CC42.thumb.jpeg.f238d9508494abf070b674bc1e027af2.jpeg

I too have received an email confirmation, even have a copy of my booking information.  When I log into my MSC account, it does not show up.  When I put in the booking #, I get a "there was an issue...."  I called and found out that the booking was inadvertantly put first name, last name instead of last name, first name (or vice versa....).  So, I can pull up the booking if I don't try to log in, but it is not tied to my account.  I need to call again to see why I can't get them married up, but dreading it.

2 hours ago, alohayall said:

This might help.  Might not, either. If it doesn’t, I would call and request the booking invoice to be emailed to you.  Do not hang up until you have it in your inbox - and that is what you requested. I have had decent phone interactions. They are not all bad Customer Service agents. If the wait is too long or you don’t get the answer you need, try again.  

Have you tried logging into the website with your name and password (I’m not sure if you have that already)

Click on this icon:

5DBA2EEB-C836-4005-9806-7BB67D575362.thumb.jpeg.20f48ef0455aba3daf2c9b8e92d336eb.jpeg

Next page, use “WITH YOUR MSC ACCOUNT.”  

If you didn’t set up a password, this should be your chance to do so. Select “Sign Up Now.”

I’m pretty sure you have included an email address when booking.

4BE7BE5A-74FB-44F4-9A86-1157C5A8CC42.thumb.jpeg.f238d9508494abf070b674bc1e027af2.jpeg

I did all this, and it's how I first discovered there was a problem.  

"If you are unable to see your cruise details and you have a reservation with us, please add your booking number in your Account Settings."

Then I attempt to add the booking number in the Account Settings and get:

"There is an error in your Booking ID added. Please insert it again."

Booking number isn't recognized. That's when I called and started to try and resolve it. 

2 hours ago, 2travelers2go said:

^^ And found out (according to rep on the phone) that my reservation was cancelled!!

That’s horrible!

(As to instructions I gave, I wasn’t sure exactly what you had done. Glad you recognized the steps. I guess you did my other suggestion and gave them a call - probably on your own thinking!)

So what did you do?  Just not book it - or try again.

2 hours ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

I too have received an email confirmation, even have a copy of my booking information.  When I log into my MSC account, it does not show up.  When I put in the booking #, I get a "there was an issue...."  I called and found out that the booking was inadvertantly put first name, last name instead of last name, first name (or vice versa....).  So, I can pull up the booking if I don't try to log in, but it is not tied to my account.  I need to call again to see why I can't get them married up, but dreading it.

Your reservation needs to have your name correctly listed. Period.

On 9/20/2022 at 6:23 PM, 2travelers2go said:

"If you are unable to see your cruise details and you have a reservation with us, please add your booking number in your Account Settings."

Booking number isn't recognized. That's when I called and started to try and resolve it. 

This is EXACTLY my problem, too. The customer service people are pleasant on the phone but they can’t help me. My TA has tried, too. I hope this gets resolved soon. It makes me very nervous. 

On 9/20/2022 at 7:23 PM, 2travelers2go said:

This has always been the case with our bookings since we started with MSC 2018/19. No matter who I emailed and as many times as I called, they were never was able to fix it. Bookings would disappear, I would call and they would tell me it’s there and don’t know why it doesn’t show. Luckily, all 3 cruises that didn’t get canceled by C19 were taken. I chuckled to myself when they said they would email their IT department to fix it, sure in what decade 🤔

I have for over 2 years had an error every time I log in that there is an error with my booking number.  When I log on to my account, I get the error but when I am in my account and go to check in, I can see my cruise listed and it allows me to check in.  I can not book excursions or add on while logged into my account.  I have to log out and look up my booking using my booking number and I can select excursions and add ons.  It boggles my mind how a company as large as MSC can have an IT department that is this horrible.  

6 hours ago, Paphillyguy said:

It boggles my mind how a company as large as MSC can have an IT department that is this horrible.  

You can change “MSC” with whatever cruise line or airline. Internet is not their business.