Booked Oceanview GTY, possible I get balcony?

Brandis

We booked an Oceanview GTY on Wonder of the Seas on the 4-nights pre-TA cruise. Because it is a split cruise with the main departure from Barcelona but us boarding midway through in Rome, the app doesn't recognize this cruise and we had to do the check-in on the website, where the boarding passes are shown but cannot be sent to Apple Wallet.

On the readable part of the Set Sail Pass, cabin no. still says TBA, but when I scan the barcode, it supposedly shows a cabin no., which would be a balcony cabin on deck 8, which would be very nice of course. But then I'm not sure why it still says TBA. Also, I thought a GTY would only get you a cabin in the cat. you booked. Or could you get something better if you're lucky?

Muster Station is already shown as D02, which is Studio B, if I'm not mistaken. Does this sound about right for an Oceanview on deck 8?

Edited by Brandis

17 minutes ago, Brandis said:

We booked an Oceanview GTY on Wonder of the Seas on the 4-nights pre-TA cruise. Because it is a split cruise with the main departure from Barcelona but us boarding midway through in Rome, the app doesn't recognize this cruise and we had to do the check-in on the website, where the boarding passes are shown but cannot be sent to Apple Wallet.

On the readable part of the Set Sail Pass, cabin no. still says TBA, but when I scan the barcode, it supposedly shows a cabin no., which would be a balcony cabin on deck 8, which would be very nice of course. But then I'm not sure why it still says TBA. Also, I thought a GTY would only get you a cabin in the cat. you booked. Or could you get something better if you're lucky?

Muster Station is already shown as D02, which is Studio B, if I'm not mistaken. Does this sound about right for an Oceanview on deck 8?

What are the numbers on the scanned bar code................I thought I read somewhere on CC you can tell the cabin you are assigned by that bar code?

I would disregard the TBA, go by the scanned barcode.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What are the numbers on the scanned bar code................I thought I read somewhere on CC you can tell the cabin you are assigned by that bar code?

The poster has and will have a balcony cabin - it may not be obvious in the text of the post.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bilyclub said:

The barcode works. Told me exactly what cabin it was even though everything else said TBD or GTY.

Yes, it's a proven hack. On rare occasions people have reported that their cabin changed once officially assigned but it's definitely uncommon.