Passenger Volume

Billthekid

I was curious as to the volume of passengers on cruise ships these days.  Are they full? or at a lower level?  I could see how Alaska cruises would be full in the Summer, but what about other cruising areas.  I don't see any reports in the news, so looking for first hand reports.  Just curious. 

4 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

Our recent Norway cruises on MS Rotterdam were max passengers.

Wow - we are leaving this weekend for the same cruise and was kinda hoping they were still sailing at lower occupancy. I guess the days of being spoiled with low occupancy rate cruises may be coming to an end, but good to hear for the cruise industry.

56 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

Wow - we are leaving this weekend for the same cruise and was kinda hoping they were still sailing at lower occupancy. I guess the days of being spoiled with low occupancy rate cruises may be coming to an end, but good to hear for the cruise industry.

With school now in session throughout most of Europe the passenger census may be lower. Our July-August Back to Backs had lot’s of families on board.

8 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Were there any quarantine cabins? If so, the ship was not full.

Yes, true but there is a new definition of full capacity. They filled every room available minus the few set aside for quarantine. In fact it was often too busy to enjoy certain venues at night;  especially along Music Walk, that  most of the time was SRO.

Talked to HAL today and was told the volume runs from 40-100%.  Alaska generally runs at 100%.  With kids back in school some of the 7 day cruise out of Florida run a little lower.  With the holidays coming up they anticipate higher volume, but the advance booking are a little slow.  Inflation is providing a headwind. 

On 9/20/2022 at 7:06 PM, CruiserBruce said:

Were there any quarantine cabins? If so, the ship was not full.

I am currently on Rotterdam, in isolation with covid. Expected I’d have to move cabins but told to stay in mine. Makes me wonder if those set aside on deck 4 aft (access doors from lobby closed) are all full.

• Thanks 2