Check in - e docs still unavailable (greyed out)

Cheshire Blue

We are now just 10 days from our cruise (and counting) - Silhouette from Southampton at end of month 

Have fully checked in on-line and have the Xpress passes - which show our package as PALL which is correct (even though our Cruise Planner is now stating the drinks package is "cancelled").  i understand this is a known IT glitch - so am not too bothered by this.  We have the boarding time. 

One thing which may be a problem is that the e docs are still not available to download (still greyed out).  Our travel companions (linked to us) can access their e docs - so really can't see why ours are not available to download as well.   Any ideas ? 

Having looked at the docs of our friends - am not sure why I would actually need them in any case - they don't seem to contain anything of importance other than the luggage tags (which am sure we can do without / copy theirs).

If the e docs do not become available for our own reservation - assume we just turn up at the Port (with our Xpress passes and cruise invoice) at the specified boarding time and sort out the luggage tags there ? 

Am I missing anything important ?

Thanks for any insights 

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Not really missing anything, but at about 2 weeks in, as you are now, a Celebrity agent can 'push' the eDocs to make them available when things don't happen in 'auto' mode.

Thanks for confirming that I don't really need them (which is what I thought).  Am loathe to try to call Celebrity and have to hang on the call (unless I really do need the e docs).   

1 minute ago, Cheshire Blue said:

Thanks for confirming that I don't really need them (which is what I thought).  Am loathe to try to call Celebrity and have to hang on the call (unless I really do need the e docs).   

If using a TA, leave the call to them.  What you get are the T's and C's and luggage tags, so no biggie.

Edited by canderson

54 minutes ago, Cheshire Blue said:

Bring your Expresspass from Celebrity and invoice from your TA.  Luggage tags are a waste of time.  They will tag at the pier.

I give Celebrity one call and a few minutes then just arrive at the pier.

If an issue with you drink package or other suggest sorting it after there are no.lines at customer support.   They can back out any charges as needed.

The eDocs are for you to know the terms of your cruise contract and so that you can look at even more marketing materials.  Other than the luggag tags at the end, there's not much there to be concerned with (and, as mentioned, the luggage tags are not at all essential).

Fear not.  Thou shalt cruise!

• Like 1