Notes from Queen Victoria to the Mediterranean (& back)

Host Hattie

12 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

He's fine thank you, he was feeling pretty much back to normal by Wednesday and he's been out with his chainsaw today. 

He was much worse when he had Covid last year.

I’m so glad he is better, but even more glad my husband doesn’t demonstrate his fitness by brandishing a chaInsaw. 😀

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

If you are referring to the Royal Court Theatre 'Singers, Dancers and other entertainers ( in the evenings) the answer is no, these are not recorded  , only the day time Insight lecturers.  

That's a pity as I don't fancy sitting in the theatre for 45 minutes wearing a mask. I wasn't asking about a recorded version though.

Some cruise lines relayed the live performances to the cabin TV, we could grab a drink from the bar and watch the show in the cabin without the need for a mask.

Edited by Glenndale

1 minute ago, Glenndale said:

That's a pity as I don't fancy sitting in the theatre for 45 minutes wearing a mask. I wasn't asking about a recorded version though.

Did Cunard carry on with the shows and theatre audiences all through the lockdowns?

Some cruise lines relayed the live performances to the cabin TV, we could grab a drink from the bar and watch the show in the cabin without the need for a mask.

Oh yes,  the 'Production shows' continued as normal on the earlier post pandemic cruises , however, Masks in the Theatre were STRICTLY ENFORCED ......Crew members from the  entertainment  team were on hand walking around the theatre enforcing mask wearing.    

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Glenndale said:

I didn't look at the TV most nights on our recent QE cruise, but they were definitely showing some of the shows live in the evening, I'm sure I saw the comedian on after dinner and maybe one of the shows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rakkor said:

I didn't look at the TV most nights on our recent QE cruise, but they were definitely showing some of the shows live in the evening, I'm sure I saw the comedian on after dinner and maybe one of the shows.

Hey, they did even show the "Alfie Boe" on TV 😉

Hi, just been catching up with your very informative thread Host Hattie since disembarking the QV last Friday. Thank you also for the lovely pics and pleased to learn that you did get ashore at some ports. 

So sorry to read that your hubby’s onboard experience was so disrupted and hope you are both fit and well now.

We enjoyed our cruise and the great weather certainly helped, two sunny sea days en route home…that was a bonus. 🌞🌞

• Like 1

Just now, Petulia said:

Hi HH, no we haven’t had a questionnaire as yet. From memory they used to arrive pretty soon after embarking? 

I'm sure I've had them the same day before Covid! I'll give it another couple of days and then I'll have to let Cunard have my feedback another way ......

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@Host Hattie I have shared your trip with my DH, and last night he said, “Can you find a video of this ship you want to sail on? Which Queen?” We watched several videos on You Tube and we both think we need to find a QV cruise. He was amazed at the number of sold out cabins and now understands why we need to start thinking about 2025. Thank you again for all of your posts. They have helped my cause.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, techteach said:

@Host Hattie I have shared your trip with my DH, and last night he said, “Can you find a video of this ship you want to sail on? Which Queen?” We watched several videos on You Tube and we both think we need to find a QV cruise. He was amazed at the number of sold out cabins and now understands why we need to start thinking about 2025. Thank you again for all of your posts. They have helped my cause.

Hi, having just completed a QV cruise, I have to say we found the ship in very good order after its revamp visits to Belfast and Tyneside earlier this year. Brand new thick carpets in many areas provided excellent soundproofing especially between decks (cabins) and hallways. There seemed no shortage of staff who were always pleasant and hard working. All very neat and shipshape! 😄

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you, Hattie for posting your experiences on QV!  I must agree with others that you have a great attitude and persevered through a lot!  I am glad you and your husband made it through what sounds like a difficult time on your cruise. Like the OP said, I think we need to look for a cruise on QV in the near future!  Thank you so much!  

• Like 1

Hi, HH

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to keep everyone informed during your cruise. 

It is much appreciated. 

Sorry it didn’t quite go to plan but I guess that is the risk we now all take when traveling. 

I have been on a cruise at the same time as you (although on a different line) and unfortunately my wife and I also ended up in isolation for a spell until we tested negative and got the all clear.  We were then fortunately allowed to continue with our cruise. 

I was very interested in your review and comments as although we are booked to sail on QM2 next year, we are actively looking at sailing on the QV in 2024. 

1 hour ago, Host Hattie said:

Thanks, we accepted the risk but I was disappointed that the terms changed after we booked so no FCC or compulsory pre-cruise testing. 

I also didn't expect to be so restricted after I tested negative.

Yes, I was very disappointed about how restricted you were, and you had to argue with them to be released even when you were, as I remember.

• 4 weeks later...