What time are rooms available on embarcation day?

thermal

I have a cruise on the Grand Princess leaving Vancouver tomorrow.  I'm wondering what time cabins are usually available once we're on board?  If my boarding time is 11:30am, can I go straight to my cabin or do I wait several hours? 

Thank you kindly. 

We usually go have lunch after we board and by the time we are done with lunch our room is ready.  I would say by 1:00 is the typical time they are ready unless there was a delay in getting the passengers off the ship from the previous sailing.  Our luggage usually arrives pretty quickly too.  We try to get unpacked if we can before sail away so we can get on with our vacation.

1 hour ago, thermal said:

I have a cruise on the Grand Princess leaving Vancouver tomorrow.  I'm wondering what time cabins are usually available once we're on board?  If my boarding time is 11:30am, can I go straight to my cabin or do I wait several hours? 

Thank you kindly. 

The rooms are usually ready for us when we board about 1130.  So, sometimes we drop off our bags first and then go to lunch.

You will hear an announcement that rooms will be ready 100-130pm, because not all rooms are ready.  Some of the doors down the halls are closed until they finish cleaning all of them.

So, go enjoy lunch and then unpack! 😀

YMMV but we boarded Sky Princess last weekend at 11:30 and got notification at about 12:45 that cabins were ready. Didn’t feel like a long wait by the time we’d spent 30 mins getting our bearings before stopping to have a “welcome aboard” drink! 

21 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Not so sure I agree.  Yes, it can be 1pm, but we have been into our cabins before noon virtually every time.

Same here. On the Enchanted last week, we were among the very first to board, not much after 11AM, and the cabin was available for us. Keep in mind that Stewart may not be completely finished prepping your cabin, (ours wasn't quite finished) but he/she will be nearby and allow you to drop your bags.  Please do the nice thing and leave right away if they are not quite finished.

Edited by lx200gps
  • Like 1

The Grand is moored in Vancouver.  She is the only ship in town (compared to three big ships on Saturday and Sunday).  Embarkation “should” be quick.  In the past, I have been handed cards about room delays.  I think they do this automatically. 😊

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lx200gps said:

On the Enchanted last week, we were among the very first to board, not much after 11AM, and the cabin was available for us.

That's what we've always done if the room isn't quite ready when we get there. Drop the bags and go to lunch letting the steward finish his job. He'll lock the room when he's finished.

• 4 weeks later...