Holland America Explorer Sale

leerathje

Does anyone know about the Explorer Sale?  I found a promoted ad (on another site) posted by a cruise agent.  Has anyone heard what it will be?  Apparently it starts on September 30.....  Here's a clip of the ad, with the agent name deleted.

L.

explorer.png

6 minutes ago, Annjem said:

I just booked a cruise for next summer.  If this deal is better do most people just cancel previous booking or call them to get price adjustment?

We do a "refare" if prior to final payment.  That way we can keep our cabin and any reservations we have made.  Remember though that you have to take ALL the new perks and lose ALL the old ones you had that are associated with your reservation.

No picking and choosing.

Edited by DaveOKC
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Annjem said:

I just booked a cruise for next summer.  If this deal is better do most people just cancel previous booking or call them to get price adjustment?

I email my PCC and she calls me at her convenience. It's handled as Dave said above. ETA: if she doesn't get back to me in a day or two, I call her extension, just in case she's on vacation! This happened in June, and the changes were handled by the PCC 'switchboard', very smoothly.

Also you must have a refundable deposit AND there has to be cabin(s) still available in your category -- because the re-fare is really a cancel/rebook but without risking your cabin.

Edited by crystalspin
  • Thanks 1

This is a sale with one agency network in US and Canada. From what I understood from my TA from this network is that they will have access to exclusive deals/rates with a bunch of OBC on certain sailings.  It is not available through HAL directly.