Port Canaveral and Orlando airport and hotel shuttle advice needed

peacefrog

Never sailed out of Canaveral-any advice on the best way logistically to get from MCO to a Canaveral hotel night before then shuttle to port in the morning? and also back to MCO after cruise. And if I have a 12pm flight leaving after cruise, will that be enough time to disembark, get back to MCO and be butt down on my flight home?

Thanks for any tips

10 minutes ago, peacefrog said:

Thank you both-will cruise control provide shuttle back to airport after the cruise? and is a 12pm flight pushing it?

thanks again

Note that the Orlando airport is 45-60 minutes from the port, so a noon flight could be pushing it if there are any delays getting the ship into port, or clearing customs to allow debarkation to begin.

Edited by DanvilleCruiser
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I've used both Cortrans and Cocoa Beach Shuttle from MCO to port area hotels, and from the ship back to MCO... Great service with both companies.

I've used both of these and found the service good.  The best transportation I have used to get from MCO to a port hotel was Uber.  I've done that twice and it was so nice.  

To get from the port hotel to the cruise ship, I usually use the hotel's shuttle. The last time I cruised, I used Uber because my check in time was early. 

22 hours ago, jennas_mum said:

We stayed at Comfort Suites Orlando airport and used cruisecontrol-transportation.com on the day of the cruise. They were super easy to work with and pick you up directly at the airport or your hotel. Great company. Highly recommend! 

Donna

jennas_mum,

I'm just curious how you liked the Comfort Suitees Orland airport hotel? Is this the one on McCoy Rd? I have a reservation here for a pre cruise stay next March and I have seen some mixed reviews, mostly good but a few bad reviews mixed in. Would you recommend this hotel and stay there again? How is the location as far as places to eat within walking distance? We don't need anything fancy, just a clean hotel and room in a decent neighborhood. Thanks

2 minutes ago, stingray310 said:

jennas_mum,

I'm just curious how you liked the Comfort Suitees Orland airport hotel? Is this the one on McCoy Rd? I have a reservation here for a pre cruise stay next March and I have seen some mixed reviews, mostly good but a few bad reviews mixed in. Would you recommend this hotel and stay there again? How is the location as far as places to eat within walking distance? We don't need anything fancy, just a clean hotel and room in a decent neighborhood. Thanks

I have stayed there twice in the last year and have zero complaints. I would certainly stay there again. They had a good breakfast as far as hotel breaskfasts go. Clean. 

If I remember correctly, there isn't much close to eat but a waffle house. Believe it was walking distance. 

HTH, 

Donna

23 hours ago, jennas_mum said:

I have stayed there twice in the last year and have zero complaints. I would certainly stay there again. They had a good breakfast as far as hotel breaskfasts go. Clean. 

If I remember correctly, there isn't much close to eat but a waffle house. Believe it was walking distance. 

HTH, 

Donna

thank you very much for this information, I will take this as a very positive review. As long as the hotel and rooms are clean, we can always take an uber, lyft or get delivery for food. Also a good breakfast at the hotel is also a plus.

Thanks,

1 hour ago, stingray310 said:

thank you very much for this information, I will take this as a very positive review. As long as the hotel and rooms are clean, we can always take an uber, lyft or get delivery for food. Also a good breakfast at the hotel is also a plus.

Thanks,

Slim restaurant choices because the area is industrial. But if you don't want Waffle House, then Lechonera Sajoma Latin Restaurant across the road is different and pretty good. McCoy Rd is busy and difficult to cross at times. 

Edited by SteerageJoe

On 9/28/2022 at 10:08 PM, GTO-Girl said:

Some of the most popular shuttles are…….

*Cortrans Shuttle 

*Cocoa Beach Shuttle 

*Cruise Control Transportation 

*GoPort (they can arrange all your transportation for you in one pkg)

Thank you   does anyone have any experience with GoPort? I saw them online and do like the fact that it's an all in one package

8 hours ago, peacefrog said:

Thank you   does anyone have any experience with GoPort? I saw them online and do like the fact that it's an all in one package

I don’t personally have any firsthand knowledge but I see a lot of people posting positive experiences with them…

On 9/28/2022 at 2:35 PM, peacefrog said:

Thank you both-will cruise control provide shuttle back to airport after the cruise? and is a 12pm flight pushing it?

thanks again

You can get a private shuttle with cruise control for just your party for the return. It runs about $110, but you don't have to wait for it to fill with others and be on your way to airport faster for your noon flight. Also, consider getting tsa pre check. Then a noon flight will have a much better chance of working out.