Princess 1.00 deposit and other sales questions

latebuyer

31 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Also wondering if they ever offer free airfare. My flight would be vancouver to fort lauderdale so that would be great!

In the past there have been promotions offering xxx $$$ off EZAir airfares. These have usually been targeted to such areas as Alaska cruises or European cruises. In some cases the xxx $ did cover the full airfare, but usually did not.

As with any promotion, it was for bookings made during the time of the promotion. Anyone switching to that promotion would lose any promotions from their original booking to get whatever promotions, if any, existed with the airfare promotion.

5 hours ago, latebuyer said:

When people talk about cancelling and rebooking, is the room you cancelled available right away to rebook? 

I would like to know also.  On Tuesday morning, I plan to call Princess to take advantage of the new $100pp OBC promotion for four of my 2023 b2b2b bookings.  This promotion is for new bookings only, so probably need to cancel and rebook. I like the cabin I booked because it is the same for all three b2b2b cruises.   

• Like 1

You very lucky people  Here in Australia we do not get these offers much and when you do we cannot just refare and change  we always lose the deposit or find that the $1 deposit is a holding one and a month later they want the full deposit to be paid asap

Like paying a surcharge on using a credit card we are treated like 2nd class citizens in the cruise industry

3 hours ago, pris993 said:

Saw the promotion, only thing I saw is the OBC of $100 pp must be spent on shore excursions.  

In the past similar promotions said the same, but reality was it was on your account as non-refundable OBC and its use was not restricted to shore excursions no matter how it was labeled..

21 hours ago, latebuyer said:

When people talk about cancelling and rebooking, is the room you cancelled available right away to rebook? 

I cancelled and rebooked the same room a few days ago.  It did show as available shortly after I cancelled, but you do run the risk that it gets snatched up before you can book it again.  In my case, the website was acting up so I couldn't rebook right away.  Luckily, the room was still available the next day so I got it.  

In another case, I cancelled and rebooked, but into a different room.  This time, I booked the new room before cancelling to ensure I got what I wanted before losing the original room I had booked.

You have to call or use chat to cancel.  I had great luck with the chat feature.  I tried to do this via the phone earlier, but the person got it wrong and then told me they did what I asked them to do which is why I prefer to do it myself or use chat when possible.

18 hours ago, caribill said:

In the past similar promotions said the same, but reality was it was on your account as non-refundable OBC and its use was not restricted to shore excursions no matter how it was labeled..

I agree, given the restrict, it is obvious Princess is forcing folks to go on shore excursions and to spend more money.  We rarely booked shore excursions, in 60+ cruises over the years, I can count on one hand when we booked one vs exploring on our won. 

18 minutes ago, paradiselivin1 said:

Nope. I booked an excursion today and had a minimal amount of OBC gifted from my TA. That was used 1st and the balance was charged to my card.

The statement "Only shareholder obc can be used before the cruise" meant other types of OBC could not be used. (Refuted in other posts)

It did not mean credit cards, gift cards, etc. could not be used/

22 minutes ago, caribill said:

The statement "Only shareholder obc can be used before the cruise" meant other types of OBC could not be used. (Refuted in other posts)

It did not mean credit cards, gift cards, etc. could not be used/

Yes. I was in error. 

1 hour ago, pris993 said:

Princess is forcing folks to go on shore excursions

Not really. You can always just leave it in your account and it will magically go away (unrefunded) unless there's other charges that use it up prior to disembarkation 

12 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Not really. You can always just leave it in your account and it will magically go away (unrefunded) unless there's other charges that use it up prior to disembarkation 

If the credit is restricted, can't be used for any other items, agree it will disappear if not used.   This is a sign Princess is in trouble and trying to figure out how to get passengers to spend more money.   It is a business strategy.  

4 minutes ago, pris993 said:
20 minutes ago, Ombud said:

If the credit is restricted, can't be used for any other items, agree it will disappear if not used.   This is a sign Princess is in trouble and trying to figure out how to get passengers to spend more money.   It is a business strategy

No one knows if it's restricted yet. I'll find out in 9 weeks. I'm using excursion OBC to cover shuttles

5 minutes ago, pris993 said:

.... This is a sign Princess is in trouble and trying to figure out how to get passengers to spend more money.   It is a business strategy.  

Carnival Corp is in trouble. They all are. The question is whether they will have to declare 7, 11, or 13 or just ride it out. The current strategy seems to be to load the ships with bargain basement cruisers (like me) and hope we spend enough onboard to turn a breakeven voyage into a profitable one

2 hours ago, pris993 said:

... 60+ cruises over the years, I can count on one hand when we booked one vs exploring on our won

Kinda proves the point that the more cruises under the belt, the less spent onboard per person

Only 41 cruises and I still take 1+ excursion or shuttle service. I'd book more if they had more small excursions like in Bali (restricted to 9 per van). 

Princess are you listening?? I'd pay more / book more if I could be 1 of 8-9 instead of 1 of 25+

Edited by Ombud

16 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Kinda proves the point that the more cruises under the belt, the less spent onboard per person

Only 41 cruises and I still take 1+ excursion or shuttle service. I'd book more if they had more small excursions like in Bali (restricted to 9 per van). 

Princess are you listening?? I'd pay more / book more if I could be 1 of 8-9 instead of 1 of 25+

Have no need to book excursions my dh speaks 5 languages; we have been very capable of exploring locations on our own.  We spend plenty, always book a mini suite, now we even booking a beverage package.  I have enjoyed researching locations and picking up a driver in port.  Everyone spends their travel dollars as they please, nothing wrong with that, enjoy your excursions.  

27 minutes ago, Ombud said:

No one knows if it's restricted yet. I'll find out in 9 weeks. I'm using excursion OBC to cover shuttles

Carnival Corp is in trouble. They all are. The question is whether they will have to declare 7, 11, or 13 or just ride it out. The current strategy seems to be to load the ships with bargain basement cruisers (like me) and hope we spend enough onboard to turn a breakeven voyage into a profitable one

I actually saw doing a mock booking that $100 pp credit was restricted to shore excursions, maybe not on all cruises but happened to be on cruise I was looking at. 

Have no need to book excursions my dh speaks 5 languages; 

That's nice but I was posting about how PCL could boost income

I actually saw doing a mock booking that $100 pp credit was restricted to shore excursions, maybe not on all cruises but happened to be on cruise I was looking at. 

But how is it listed in the onboard folder?? 

Actually  You're proving my point. A new cruiser who will spend plenty of money on board is better for my bottom line as a stockholder than someone who has 61 cruises but spends a minimal amount on board. On another note, carnival cruise line has just announced that Karen's get to pay an extra $500 for bad behavior. On another note, carnival cruise line has just announced that Karen's get to pay an extra $500 for bad behavior. That woman who attacked CineGraphic On an April cruise would have had a nice surprise in her folio

Edited by Ombud

11 minutes ago, Ombud said:

That's nice but I was posting about how PCL could boost income

But how is it listed in the onboard folder?? 

Sorry can't help you with that, I saw on Princess' website.  Saw it when I was doing a mock booking to check out a possible cruise I want to book when on board in December.  If you have booked a cruise, you may try doing a mock booking and see what comes up.  

16 minutes ago, pris993 said:

Sorry can't help you with that, I saw on Princess' website.  Saw it when I was doing a mock booking to check out a possible cruise I want to book when on board in December.  If you have booked a cruise, you may try doing a mock booking and see what comes up.  

Its been added to my next 4 cruises but won't know if it is restricted OBC until I board. Only interested in how it is IRL. But I will post if it is restricted to just shore excursions.  $1 deposit is still worth it even if it is restricted OBC IMHO 

Edited by Ombud

On 10/1/2022 at 1:55 PM, Sea Hag said:

There certainly has been different, but it's a personal point of view about what's better. If you like the idea of some OBC and the $1 deposit, you've basically got nothing to lose by booking a cruise that you like. If a better deal, in your opinion, comes along then you can always switch over to that.

I would like to see another " Best Sale Ever" promotion

• Like 1