LIVE Voyager of the Seas Oct. 2nd, 2022 - Oct. 9th, 2022

rudeney

15 minutes ago, Travelsalot87394 said:

Thank you for posting your adventure! Myself and 7 others in our group are boarding on the 9th when you get off! Could you post pictures of the daily compass if possible? I am curious about the nightly entertainment in the Royal Theater specifically. 

Thank you and I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

The below thread was from last week and he posted all the CCs.  Would imagine them to be similar if you wanted a preview...

4 minutes ago, Broons77 said:

The below thread was from last week and he posted all the CCs.  Would imagine them to be similar if you wanted a preview...

I did see that one and appreciated their detailed review! Right now our daily planner on the app is only showing a theater show on night 6 only, and one of my sailing companions is panicking because the shows are their favorite part of cruising. So I was just trying to assure them that there will be something for them to enjoy each night! Thanks for sharing! I am looking forward to following along with this adventure!

6 minutes ago, Travelsalot87394 said:

I did see that one and appreciated their detailed review! Right now our daily planner on the app is only showing a theater show on night 6 only, and one of my sailing companions is panicking because the shows are their favorite part of cruising. So I was just trying to assure them that there will be something for them to enjoy each night! Thanks for sharing! I am looking forward to following along with this adventure!

I was under the impression that you couldn't book shows until on board but could be wrong.

27 minutes ago, Travelsalot87394 said:

Right now our daily planner on the app is only showing a theater show on night 6 only, and one of my sailing companions is panicking because the shows are their favorite part of cruising.

The info in the app is not complete and perhaps inaccurate until you board (and even then it might be a bit off) - you can look at the current sailing for complete/accurate info.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The info in the app is not complete and perhaps inaccurate until you board (and even then it might be a bit off) - you can look at the current sailing for complete/accurate info.

I am not looking to book reservations for shows, just at the daily schedule seeing what is happening during the day/evening.

Thank you for clarifying that there may be some inaccuracies or missing info on the app up to boarding on the ship. I will take the information shown on the app with a grain of salt! This is my first cruise on Royal Caribbean, so I am learning their unique differences from prior cruises on HAL, Princess, and Carnival. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Travelsalot87394 said:

I am not looking to book reservations for shows, just at the daily schedule seeing what is happening during the day/evening.

Thank you for clarifying that there may be some inaccuracies or missing info on the app up to boarding on the ship. I will take the information shown on the app with a grain of salt! This is my first cruise on Royal Caribbean, so I am learning their unique differences from prior cruises on HAL, Princess, and Carnival. 

There are shows in the theater every night.  Comedian, juggler, singers, dancers, etc.

16 minutes ago, Travelsalot87394 said:

As mentioned, you can do that by setting the app to the current sailing, not yours.

5 hours ago, Nabalab said:

heh, thank you.  I *did* see that. 

I was thinking maybe they got there early and since Chops wasn't open yet, they decided to go to Giovanni's (which was open).  Or another reason? 

Not sure, but hoping to get an answer from rudeney at some point who can confirm either way.

No, Chops was not open for lunch in embarkation day for some reason.  The only specialty open that day was Giovanni's.  On Voyager, normally it's only Chops, but for some reason they swapped them on this cruise.  

• Like 3

We were up early with a quick bit for breakfast in The Windjammer.  We had to meet in the theater at 8:45am for our Ultimate Bar Harbor excursion.  This port is tendered and they use lifeboats, plus a few larger port-provided tenders.  We were on a lifeboat.  The excursion was great.  It was 4 hours, 3 of which were touring Acadia National Park in a 14-passenger "luxury" shuttle bus.  It was very nice and comfortable.  The driver/tour guide was great and it was a fantastic day for it.  

Some photos from the peak:

image.thumb.jpeg.3d57cbfb9dc62e5cc2984d413b3ce76a.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2f25822ad6bb3245b8b94403496f4817.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.804079b72a4e4bd10bb7be3660b028bb.jpeg

On the way down:

image.thumb.jpeg.39ccd34c55c742ca47805785349219e1.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.3eee1818ec2437ac7d2abb896c0a02cc.jpeg

Thunder Hole:

image.thumb.jpeg.46857a521c0787f6c5249125dcb05c1c.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.cce16b77bc58155af86dd9a93f19c16d.jpeg

• Like 12

29 minutes ago, rudeney said:

No, Chops was not open for lunch in embarkation day for some reason.  The only specialty open that day was Giovanni's.  On Voyager, normally it's only Chops, but for some reason they swapped them on this cruise.  

Ah, ok - thank you so much for clarifying. 

The app (when I sail in a few weeks) says Chops, Giovanni's and Izumi will all be open for lunch 12p to 1:30p on Day 1, but who knows.  So much with Royal is subject to change.

Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your vacation.

The last hour of the tour was lunch at "The Bistro" at The Atlantis Oceanside Hotel.  We had a limited menu, and we chose the clam chowder and lobster roll plus blueberry pie for dessert.  It was all very good.  The server explained that they bake their own bread, and the lobster can from the bay this morning.  The blueberry pie was amazing - made from local blueberries and even local butter for the crust.  The chef there is big on local-sourced ingredients.  

image.thumb.jpeg.f7194026cfeee5232fad00f89c54f091.jpeg

We did a bit of souvenir shopping at shore, then headed back to the ship.  Figuring our where to get back to the tender was a challenge.  It was crowded with a bunch of people boarding a bus for a your, plus people lining up for other boat tours.  They need better signs, or an RCCL rep at the head of the dock directing people. 

Back on the ship, we walked around and enjoyed to mazing weather.  Grabbed some drinks and sat by the pool, chatting with another couple from South Carolina.  Then back to the room for a bit of rest before dinner in Giovanni's Table tonight.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Nabalab said:

Ah, ok - thank you so much for clarifying. 

The app (when I sail in a few weeks) says Chops, Giovanni's and Izumi will all be open for lunch 12p to 1:30p on Day 1, but who knows.  So much with Royal is subject to change.

Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Yeah, mine showed that, too.  I think once you get on the ship, or at least that morning, it will have the correct hours, and will also list all (or most) of the onboard activities.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rudeney said:

No, Chops was not open for lunch in embarkation day for some reason.  

Most likely it was because Chops does lunch for "The Key" people in the MDR. At least that was explanation given to me on Symphony.

• Like 2

We were on last week's Voyager cruise (got off yesterday).  The tender process to get back on the ship in Bar Harbor was disgraceful.  We went to get in line at about 3:10 (about an hour before all aboard) and the line was literally hundreds of people, stretching more than a block long on the public sidewalk.  One woman trying to negotiate to the end of the line stumbled on the curb (space was tight) and fell, had to be wheelchaired back on board.  Our wait in line was 40 minutes.  Just a terrible process.

4 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

We were on last week's Voyager cruise (got off yesterday).  The tender process to get back on the ship in Bar Harbor was disgraceful.  We went to get in line at about 3:10 (about an hour before all aboard) and the line was literally hundreds of people, stretching more than a block long on the public sidewalk.  One woman trying to negotiate to the end of the line stumbled on the curb (space was tight) and fell, had to be wheelchaired back on board.  Our wait in line was 40 minutes.  Just a terrible process.

Wow!  It wasn't that bad for us.  Just a cluster of people trying to figure out which line - tender, bus tour, or whale tour.  We may have waited 10 minutes in the tent to board the tender. 

8 minutes ago, billslowsky said:

It's been going on for awhile.  On Adventure back in May, we were waiting to go back to the ship around 1:30ish and it wasn't that bad.  Heard it got a lot worse, similar to your experience.

Thanks for doing this live review. I grew up in CT and lived there until we moved to FL 18 years ago. I did a lot of travel around New England when I lived there so I really don’t feel much need to go back there now, but it is nice to see some of my old stomping grounds once in a while. I’ll enjoy following along with you on your cruise. 🛳

Getting ready to leave Bay Harbor

20221003_165439.thumb.jpg.4c83f019e41f7c877ca7b0c40c632146.jpg

Dinner in Giovanni's - steak for me (yes, I still think it's better than Chops)  shrimp for Jan. 

20221003_183444.thumb.jpg.114776ac0ae3b612cb65b013e8ef097c.jpg

The wine menu

20221003_173748.thumb.jpg.6e259fc04788f0f0ddc30ae099deac7e.jpg20221003_173729.thumb.jpg.1a5441fc7607f3569efaa8e92bf5ac6e.jpg

we watched the Broadway Rhythm & Rhyme show.. meh.  The band was great,  the lead make was good,  the others were underwhelming. 

Now it's time to talk about the elephant in the room...

20221003_205205.thumb.jpg.709607d5d3adb4e822e5a4bd21c37044.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Up at 7:30 this morning in Portland

20221004_075549.thumb.jpg.a4674bfbd8adfbcb6e5c12c753c43e28.jpg

20221004_080310.thumb.jpg.a6f9f4db3f15b15a5c7d4bf2f08effa6.jpg

It's 47°F - great for water aerobics in the heated Solarium pool and some time in the hot tub.  It was a bit chilly getting out,  but I can tolerate it fairly well. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, rudeney said:

It's 47°F - great for water aerobics in the heated Solarium pool and some time in the hot tub.  It was a bit chilly getting out,  but I can tolerate it fairly well. 

35 minutes ago, rudeney said:

Rudeney is the Solarium on Voyager enclosed or open?