cancel due to hurriane ian

maryup

1 minute ago, maryup said:

we  currently leave in florida and are dealing with our house that needs repairs.  Can we cancel our cruise due to leave next week due to these issues 

Did you purchase 'cancel for any reason' insurance?  Otherwise, you are likely out of luck.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maryup said:

we  currently leave in florida and are dealing with our house that needs repairs.  Can we cancel our cruise due to leave next week due to these issues 

But I definitely feel for you, what a nightmare.  😞 

• Like 2

This is where you need to call and speak to them.  Everyone above is correct by the words of the policy yet Royal is based in FL and "gets it".  If you don't reach a sympathetic ear the first time politely hang up and try again.  Calling CAS may help.  

• Like 5

Tell them your  address when you call, you have more to take care of right now then going on a cruise. I'm sure they will allow you to move your cruise funds to a much later date.  I would be VERY surprised if they tell you no.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Tell them your  address when you call, you have more to take care of right now then going on a cruise. I'm sure they will allow you to move your cruise funds to a much later date.  I would be VERY surprised if they tell you no.

I wouldn't. Minus a couple exceptions that have been reported in the last couple days for people's friends, In the last 5 years, I've mostly heard that the answer has been no. I haven't heard any reports directly from the person getting the exception.

We were supposed to be on a cruise ship right now, but Ian made it so we couldn't reliably get to Orlando in time to board a ship at Port Canaveral on Sunday.

When we called Royal to explain the situation, they said they were offering Future Cruise Credit in our case. I don't know if that's because our sail date was just a couple of days after the airports reopened and there was still flooding on lots of the roads out of the airport, or if they're being lenient in general.

I'd call and ask.

16 hours ago, GTO-Girl said:

Our friends were allowed to move their cruise to February but I don’t know if they incurred any penalties…..

We didn't. We got Future Cruise Credit in the amount we paid, and will rebook sometime this spring. No penalties.

14 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I wouldn't. Minus a couple exceptions that have been reported in the last couple days for people's friends, In the last 5 years, I've mostly heard that the answer has been no. I haven't heard any reports directly from the person getting the exception.

Here you go! You have now heard a direct report from the person getting the exception. We called on Friday to cancel our cruise that should have left on Sunday.

Future Cruise Credit in the full amount paid. The group on a social media company beginning with an F that is specifically for cruisers sailing on my date is full of other people who called and also got Future Cruise Credit.

My daughter's skating coach is in the show on that ship, and she tells me that the ship is noticeably empty this week. Seems like lots of people took FCC.

• Like 1

We got whacked here, in Cape Coral. I called RCL earlier this week to get a feel of what the may do for us affected by the hurricane.

We don’t have a refundable fare and I didn’t want to get into our trip insurance policy unless it was necessary.

I was basically told by the rep that we were out of luck.

I’m not going to pursue it because we finally have most of our utilities back and have met with our insurance representatives, etc.

Our cruise is sailing the 27th of this month.

We have a sense of guilt leaving on a cruise when others around us are in a lot worse shape than we are, but the past 10+ days have been such a emotional and physical drain, we need to get away from it all.

I’d follow some of the suggestions of the previous posters. Hopefully, you’ll find a resolution.

Best of luck and prayers to all affected out there.

Edited by wellsme1
  • Like 2