Designer jeans - restaurants and chic nights

socktaco

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

Bummer. We were very disappointed in the large number of people that would walk past the many hand sanitizer stations at the different venues without using them. Something the staff should have started enforcing all along and especially after the Capt. announced the face mask requirement the last couple days of the cruise!! 

Some people cannot tolerate the amount of alcohol in the commercial sanitizers.  I worked with a woman who was made to use some at work even though she had an exemption from her doctor, and it put her in the hospital.  HR fired the boss because he had been told by her and HR and he forced her anyway.

I don't have the issue as bad as my co-worker did, but I can only take so much of it myself.  I realize this doesn't cover most, but there are times it covers some.

1 hour ago, GORDONCHICK said:

Some people cannot tolerate the amount of alcohol in the commercial sanitizers.  I worked with a woman who was made to use some at work even though she had an exemption from her doctor, and it put her in the hospital.  HR fired the boss because he had been told by her and HR and he forced her anyway.

I don't have the issue as bad as my co-worker did, but I can only take so much of it myself.  I realize this doesn't cover most, but there are times it covers some.

Well aware of that. Glad you said most. 

13 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

Do you mean like these? They’re sold out, but were $630. I think if Celebrity actually knew what designer jeans looked like these days, they might change their wording, lol.

7C78D0C8-A981-4088-A075-D7F89DDEA23C.jpeg

Very close , but I don’t have the high water pant legs.   The bottoms of mine  are ragged from  dragging on the ground 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

15 hours ago, davekathy said:

We were very disappointed in the large number of people that would walk past the many hand sanitizer stations at the different venues without using them.

I had to pass by a number of them this past cruise. A number of venues only had scented hand sanitizer, and that can be a big problem for those of us that are allergic to an ingredient that is in many "perfumy" fragrances. 

I'm more than happy to use the unscented stuff, though. 

Most still dress up a bit ( not formal) on chic nights..Jeans by any descriptive  name are still jeans!   Times are changing on Celebrity.  X is now "Royalized"

Our upcoming roll call group may do a dress up gatsby party  on BEYOND!

Sounds like fun..we will be chic!

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Most still dress up a bit ( not formal) on chic nights..Jeans by any descriptive  name are still jeans!   Times are changing on Celebrity.  X is now "Royalized"

Which sailing is that? October 26th?

On 10/4/2022 at 8:41 PM, socktaco said:

The celebrity website says designer jeans and elegant top are ok for evening chic, and i presume that means in specialty restauants too. How often are ladies showing up in nice jeans and elegant tops? Really what i want to know is whether i will feel out of place if i do, and i know that's a really vague and subjective question. But im travelling solo and have reserved a specialty restaurant by myself which is a bit of a personal challenge and im interested in everyones thoughts and experiences.

In MHO - any jeans are not suitable for Chic Nights. Never seen anyone wear jeans in Specialty restaurants. But you would not be turned away. Unfortunately, cruising dress codes are going down the hill. I dress up, so is my DH. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To me it was rather ridiculous to dress up in a suite in the Caribbean to dine.   As soon as I sat down I took off my jacket.   Then they serve the messiest meal there is, lobster and don’t provide bibs. As soon as I got done dining I would change back into something comfortable.   I didn’t see any purpose of having to sit in a dark theater wearing a suite and tie or having a drink at a lounge.  

To make it worse depending on the cruise line after dinner everyone starts twirling their napkin above their head flinging all the food droppings around the dining room.  Is that what formal night is?   Get dressed up to act like a party at Animal House.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

11 hours ago, hcat said:

Hah, the irony of the situation amuses me.

A dress up party based on a book whose major themes include the emptiness and meaninglessness of hedonistic chic conspicuous consumption, and class permanence and the exclusion of Nouveau riche from real society, by I am guessing nouveau riche/upper middle class looking down on others in their own social strata while everyone is partaking in conspicuous consumption.

Edited by UnorigionalName

2 hours ago, ISABELLA said:

X is not what used to be.  Class and elegance are thing from the past ( for the most part). 

The notion that one lacks class and elegance because they are wearing jeans is a rather classless and inelegant way of thinking. 

• Like 10

32 minutes ago, UnorigionalName said:

Hah, the irony of the situation amuses me.

A dress up party based on a book whose major themes include the emptiness and meaninglessness of hedonistic chic conspicuous consumption, and class permanence and the exclusion of Nouveau riche from real society, by I am guessing nouveau riche/upper middle class looking down on others in their own social strata while everyone is partaking in conspicuous consumption.

Party pooper!

• Haha 1